This easy cinnamon roll breakfast casserole with blueberries is just amazing! Served for brunch or on Christmas morning it is a great way to make cinnamon rolls into a fruit casserole that everyone will love. Feeds 12 and costs under $10 to make which is a winner in my book!
I love casseroles in general but I love easy breakfast casseroles, especially during the holidays or when I’m having a brunch. There’s nothing better than an ooey gooey sweet Christmas morning casserole with warm fruit inside. I fooled around with what I had at home and this blueberrry cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is what I came up with! We have used pie filling to make so many yummy things like these blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes which taste amazing and can be a breakfast or dessert.
You really can make this with any type of fruit pie filling you want……
Apple and cherry would be amazing too!
This is how I made it…….
Ok so I couldn’t decide what to call it really. I thought about cinnamon roll french toast casserole and that could describe it too. It doesn’t really matter what you name it, it’s so good!
If you count all the ingredients you really can make it for under $10 for the whole thing!
Cut into squares it comes out nicely if you let it cool just a bit and can easily serve 12 people, more if squares are smaller. Next I am going to make this same breakfast casserole in a bundt cake with a different pie filling and see how that comes out.
I really think using a bundt pan makes it look a bit fancier, I will share that when it is done!
This is what you need to make this easy cinnamon roll breakfast casserole with fruit
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 6 Eggs
- Melted butter
- Half and half or heavy cream
- 1 can pie filling – fruit of your choice
- Frosting that comes in the cinnamon roll tubes
If you’re making it as a Christmas breakfast casserole here are a few things you can make too and make it a breakfast buffet!
Here’s the printable recipe
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cans cinnamon rolls refrigerated
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c half and half or heavy cream
- 1 can pie filling we used 21 oz. blueberry
- Whisk together eggs and half and half, set aside.
- Melt your butter and pour it into a 13x9 pan.
- Cut 1 can of cinnamon rolls into 6 pcs each roll so you have small pieces.
- Lay them in the pan on top of your butter.
- Pour your can of pie filling evenly across these cinnamon roll pieces.
- Cut the last can of cinnamon rolls into 6 pieces per cinnamon roll and lay those evenly on top of the pie filling.
- Pour your whisked egg mixture evenly across everything in your pan.
- Put into preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 22-25 minutes or until top rolls are golden brown and egg is cooked and not runny on top.
- Allow to rest in your pan for 5-10 minutes and cut into squares, squeeze some frosting that came with your cinnamon rolls on each piece an serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉