Easy 1 minute cinnamon roll in a mug instructions! I can’t believe how simple this mug dessert is to make and I didn’t make this sooner!
So literally I was sitting here at my desk working thru lunch (as usual) and really wanted something sweet. I thought maybe I could make a quick cinnamon roll in a mug and it totally worked!! I will definitely add this one to the rest of my mug recipes. (originally published 1/17)
This all started because there was nothing in the house as far as cookies were concerned. I didn’t want to make an entire box of brownies but really really wanted something for dessert. Since I’ve been on a kick of making microwave dessert recipes, this one needed to be tried now!!
- I started my obsession with mug desserts with this chocolate chip cookie in a mug!
Mug cinnamon roll
So last week we made pizza in a mug and my kids are now obsessed with it. Now they can literally make it themselves when they come home from school and they love that!
I figured I could use the same idea and use refrigerated cinnamon rolls instead of the large biscuits.
It could be a perfect dessert mug recipe to make a quick cinnamon roll with frosting for me to enjoy. Dessert for 1! This is what I did…..sit down, this is crazy simple.
Cinnamon roll in a mug
- Roll of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- or frozen / defrosted Rhodes cinnamon rolls
- Large mug
- Non stick spray
- Frosting included in the roll
This is what I did:
- I used a larger mug and sprayed the inside with non stick spray.
- Then I laid 1 Cinnabon refrigerated cinnamon roll inside and put it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- It raised up and up all the way to the top, but went down a bit when it turned off and I took it out.
- Next I took it out and tested it and it was done to perfection!!
- These tubes come with a small tub of frosting so I put that in the microwave for 9 seconds just to warm it up.
- Pour some frosting on and enjoy!!
I know…it’s so simple, all our recipes are. For a little more (but still easy with no yeast) you can try our cinnamon roll muffins too!
I can’t believe it but it was a perfect treat after lunch and I saved the rest in a round tupperware container so I could show the kids when they came home from school. Now they can have a cinnamon roll sweet rolls treat and make it themselves!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
- 1 roll cinnamon rolls we used Cinnabon Pillsbury style
- Spray the inside of a larger mug with non stick spray.
- Place one refrigerated cinnamon roll at the bottom.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Melt frosting in container for 5-10 seconds in microwave and spoon a bit on. Enjoy!