Easy 1 minute cinnamon roll in a mug instructions! I can’t believe how simple this mug dessert is to make and I didn’t make this sooner!
So literally I was sitting here at my desk working thru lunch (as usual) and really wanted something sweet. There was nothing in the house in the cupboards as far as cookies were concerned. I didn’t want to make an entire box of brownies but really really wanted something for dessert. So….since I’ve been on a kick of making microwave dessert recipes, I thought maybe I could make a quick cinnamon roll in a mug and it totally worked!! I will definitely add this one to the rest of my mug recipes. (originally published 1/17)
- I started my obsession with mug desserts with this chocolate chip cookie in a mug!
Mug cinnamon roll
So last week we made pizza in a mug and my kids are now obsessed with it. Now they can literally make it themselves when they come home from school and they love that!
I figured I could use the same idea and use refrigerated cinnamon rolls instead of the large biscuits. It could be a perfect dessert mug recipe to make a quick cinnamon roll with frosting for me to enjoy. Dessert for 1! This is what I did…..sit down, this is crazy simple.
Cinnamon roll in a mug
- Roll of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- or frozen / defrosted Rhodes cinnamon rolls
- Large mug
- Non stick spray
- Frosting included in the roll
This is what I did:
- I used a larger mug and sprayed the inside with non stick spray.
- Then I laid 1 Cinnabon refrigerated cinnamon roll inside and put it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- It raised up and up all the way to the top, but went down a bit when it turned off and I took it out.
- Next I took it out and tested it and it was done to perfection!!
- These tubes come with a small tub of frosting so I put that in the microwave for 9 seconds just to warm it up.
- Pour some frosting on and enjoy!!
I know…it’s so simple.
I can’t believe it but it was a perfect treat after lunch and I saved the rest in a round tupperware container so I could show the kids when they came home from school. Now they can have a cinnamon roll treat and make it themselves!
Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
- 1 roll cinnamon rolls we used Cinnabon Pillsbury style
- Spray the inside of a larger mug with non stick spray.
- Place one refrigerated cinnamon roll at the bottom.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Melt frosting in container for 5-10 seconds in microwave and spoon a bit on. Enjoy!