This no egg chocolate chip cookie in a mug just takes one minute to cook in the microwave! It’s a great mug cookie dessert for one when you just want a little something sweet at night.
Ok so I am a sucker for dessert and this chocolate chip cookie in a mug hits the spot! I’d eat it first just to make sure I had room, but that probably wouldn’t be the best impression to leave my kids. It’s one of our favorite mug recipes. (originally published 12/16, affiliate links present)
Come the new year I too am always looking to focus on portion control and this treat works great. I cannot cut out sweets entirely. So this egg free and no butter cookie is perfect for one person to take the edge off!
I know…it really is that amazing!
- Yes we all love homemade cookies, but if you’re by yourself this recipe is nice to have on hand.
- Nobody needs an entire batch and this one will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Then each time you want a cookie for one you just add the milk, oil, and vanilla and you’re ready to microwave it for just one minute!
- Occasionally I do cook a whole batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies but seriously I rarely have time for that.
- We really don’t need 24 in our house anyway when my aim is to only have sweets occasionally.
This dessert in a mug is perfect though for a treat in the evening when the kiddos go to bed (yes you’re allowed to do that)!
Later, you can easily package all the chocolate chip cookie in a mug dry ingredients into ziploc baggies to use later.
The recipe below doesn’t include nuts but you can add them like you see above. I added chopped walnuts and it’s tasty too.
- Most of the time I just add lots of chocolate. It comes out a bit ooey gooey which I think is perfect. Since it has no egg you don’t have to worry about it being underdone.
- You want to make sure to NOT overcook it. If you do it quickly will turn dry and not nearly as good. One minute is plenty!
Think of it as a chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven but cooked in a mug in the microwave. It’s that ooey gooey texture. Ready to fall apart if you were to try and pick it up, just like we like it. If you’re looking for a crispy cookie in a mug recipe this is not it.
This is for those of us who love a slightly underbaked cookie for one. You can pop in the microwave for one minute and enjoy it all to yourself. It is so good you will NOT want to share it, believe me.
Here’s what you need to make this chocolate chip cookie in a mug:
- Medium – Large mug
- microwave safe of course
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips – I like semi sweet chips
- you could use white chocolate chips if you wanted
- for a really gooey chocolate chip treat add some to the top too
- A bit of vanilla ice cream on top is an option but alone is sure to satisfy your chocolate chip cookie craving
More of a visual person and need to see a cookie in a mug video?
We show you here how to make this very treat. Sometimes I like to see someone else make it before I jump right in.
- This single serving chocolate chip dessert is something my girls can make too now that they are older.
- I printed the directions below and put it in a drawer so they can pull them out. Now they have phones so they can look it up on my site too. 😉 Take a peek.
Here is how you make it:
- Mix oil, milk and vanilla inside your mug with a spoon or fork.
- Then add brown sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir together until smooth.
- Gently mix in semi sweet chocolate chips until combined well.
- For added gooeyness add 1 more tbsp of chips on the top.
- Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy!
Want to make this even easier to make next time??!!
Add the flour and other dry contents up into baggies with a tag that lists the wet ingredients needed into your mug. Since there is NO egg white or egg yolk required you don’t really have anything perishable to add other than milk.
- Then put inside the Motherhood Winging It mug you see here or another (med./large size) and it’s a perfect gift too!
I would NOT double the recipe. Timing and ingredient amounts are really appropriate for one serving and won’t cook appropriately if you make it in a larger batch.
Looking for more cookie in a cup or dessert recipes?
- Strawberry cake in a mug
- or our 2 ingredient cake recipe is amazingly easy
- Pizza in a mug
- For breakfast try blueberry muffin in a mug
- Peanut butter brownie in a mug is by far our next favorite single serving treat
- Now if you’re looking to make a batch of killer traditional chocolate chip cookies that everyone can enjoy together than by all means do!!
Bring on all the warm chocolate chip recipes I say! Now get to mixing and let us know what you think once you try it below in the comments. Get ready for a lot of deliciousness.
Here’s the printable recipe. I show you step by step in my video as well how to make this cookie in a mug.
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- Use a tall/large mug to make this as it will bubble up when cooking.
- Combine oil, milk, and vanilla in your mug
- Then add brown sugar, flour, baking powder and 2 tbsp. chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 more tbsp. chocolate chips on top and put into your microwave for 1 minute. Done!!
- It will turn out ooey and gooey like a cookie right out of the oven, if you want it more done cook for 1 min. 5 / 10 sec. instead of 1 minute, but I LOVE the ooey gooeyness!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉