Strawberry cake in a mug recipe that uses just 2 ingredients and takes just 1 minute in the microwave! So moist, it’s the perfect dessert for one! There’s no egg or milk so it’s great for everyone.
Yes…I’m back again with a new mug dessert recipe! This time it’s a perfectly pink strawberry cake in a mug recipe with just 3 ingredients! This is so easy to do. With this trick you can make chocolate cake in a mug too. We’ve been wild about mug recipes this year. Now we’re all about creating new ones like this! (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
- First we made a chocolate chip cookie in a mug and it went crazy on our Facebook page!
- Then angel food cake in a mug made us thing about tweaking it into this!
Doesn’t this look yummy??!!
We’ve experimented a lot with easy mug cake recipe ideas since our first dessert in a mug last month. Since my youngest loves strawberry we decided to try that flavor this time.
We created angel food in a mug (which we will post soon) and this cake mix along with the strawberry cake mix creates a lighter texture than just making strawberry cake for one in a mug alone.
You pop it in the microwave after mixing it with a bit of water for 1 minute and it’s done to perfection!
Like I said, really any type of cake mix will work when mixing it with angel food cake mix for this dessert in a mug. Mix both boxes together in a bowl and mix really well, then store the rest for later. You will need:
Strawberry Cake in a Mug
- Large coffee mug (or else it will boil over in the microwave)
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix of your choice (we used strawberry here)
- Plastic container to store rest of mix
All you do is microwave on high for 1 minute!
Now just get a large plastic container out – this will hold everything
- Empty the contents of both the box of angel food cake and the other type of regular cake mix you want into it and mix until they’re combined well.
- Then you have your cake in a mug mix ready to use whenever.
Cake in a mug
If you want to make this same thing but as an entire bundt cake, try our 2 ingredient strawberry cake recipe.
It’s that easy! Find more mug recipes here and enjoy!
- Our ever popular blueberry muffin in a mug
- Chocolate mug cake recipe
- Angel food cake in a mug is super simple
- Our peach angel food cake is great along with our 2 ingredient cookies too
How to make your cake over the top??!!
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top
- Slice fresh strawberry pieces and sprinkle some on top of that.
Printable directions for our strawberry mug cake below.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Strawberry Cake in a Mug
- 1.5 tbsp cake mix
- 1.5 tbsp angel food cake mix
- 2 tbsp water
- In a storage container mix together entire box of cake mix, any variety, and box of angel food cake. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients together well. Alternatively you can mix 1.5 tbsp of each in your mug well and then add water.
- Add 3 tbsp. of your combined cake mix + Add 2 tbsp. water into your mug and stir well.Microwave for 1 minute
- Enjoy, topped with a dollop of cool whip is great too!