Strawberry cake in a mug recipe that uses just 2 ingredients and takes just 1 minute in the microwave! So moist, it’s the perfect dessert for one! There’s no egg or milk so it’s great for everyone.
Yes…I’m back again with a new mug dessert recipe! This time it’s a perfectly pink strawberry cake in a mug recipe with just 3 ingredients! This is so easy to do and with this trick you can make chocolate cake in a mug and any other flavor you’d like too. We’ve been wild about mug recipes this year. Now we’re all about creating new ones and this is my youngest daughter’s favorite one. Here’s how you make it. (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
- First we made a chocolate chip cookie in a mug and it went crazy on our Facebook page!
Doesn’t this look yummy??!!
We’ve experimented a lot with easy mug cake recipe ideas since our first dessert in a mug last month. Since my youngest loves strawberry we decided to try that flavor this time.
We created angel food in a mug (which we will post soon) and this cake mix along with the strawberry cake mix creates a lighter texture than just making strawberry cake for one in a mug alone.
You pop it in the microwave after mixing it with a bit of water for 1 minute and it’s done to perfection!
Like I said, really any type of cake mix will work when mixing it with angel food cake mix for this dessert in a mug. Mix both boxes together in a bowl and mix really well, then store the rest for later. You will need:
Strawberry Cake in a Mug
- Large coffee mug (or else it will boil over in the microwave)
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix of your choice (we used strawberry here)
- Plastic container to store rest of mix
All you do is microwave on high for 1 minute!
Now just get a large plastic container out – this will hold everything
- Empty the contents of both the box of angel food cake and the other type of regular cake mix you want into it and mix until they’re combined well.
- Then you have your cake in a mug mix ready to use whenever.
Here’s a quick rundown of how we make cake in a mug:
If you want to make this same thing but as an entire bundt cake, try our 2 ingredient strawberry cake recipe.
It’s that easy! Find more mug recipes here and enjoy!
- Our ever popular blueberry muffin in a mug
- Chocolate mug cake recipe
- Angel food cake in a mug is super simple
- Our peach angel food cake is great along with our 2 ingredient cookies too
How to make your cake over the top??!!
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top
- Slice fresh strawberry pieces and sprinkle some on top of that.
Printable directions for our strawberry mug cake below.
For more easy recipes like this strawberry cake in a mug, tips, and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Strawberry Cake in a Mug
- 1.5 tbsp cake mix
- 1.5 tbsp angel food cake mix
- 2 tbsp water
- In a storage container mix together entire box of cake mix, any variety, and box of angel food cake. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients together well. Alternatively you can mix 1.5 tbsp of each in your mug well and then add water.
- Add 3 tbsp. of your combined cake mix + Add 2 tbsp. water into your mug and stir well.Microwave for 1 minute
- Enjoy, topped with a dollop of cool whip is great too!