Pumpkin pancakes with Bisquick are easy to make for breakfast or dessert in the Fall. If you loved our Bisquick cobbler this one will be a hit too! Just 5 ingredients to pancakes with pumpkin puree.
In the Fall, pumpkin pancakes with Bisquick are the bomb! Whether you enjoy these with syrup for breakfast or just as a mid day treat you don’t need many ingredients to make this Bisquick recipe happen often. (affiliate links present)
Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes
There is a recipe for Bisquick pancakes on the back of each yellow box. Of course you can just make that in the morning and add chocolate chips but during the Fall months we want all the pumpkin recipes we can get.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Use a pan or griddle on the stovetop or make air fryer pancakes that is huge and fun for the kiddos to eat in the morning. There are 4 ingredients to start and if you want a stronger flavor you can add some pumpkin spice too.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Bisquick and Pumpkin Pie Mix
To get that deep flavor you’ll want a can of Libby’s pumpkin you would use to make moist pumpkin bread. Since you don’t use it all you could easily make both in one day. That is the easiest way since it is already cooked and mashed, I have a homemade version below too though.
- Bisquick baking mix, I suggest the regular yellow box version vs. the low fat type
- there is a gluten free version too if needed
- Use canned or this is how to make homemade pumpkin puree in your pressure cooker
- Whole or 2% milk is best
- An egg
- If you can add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice they’re even better
Add a bit of butter or cooking spray so the pumpkin batter doesn’t stick. For more of a dessert, mini semi sweet chips are a great add in too. Maple syrup for the top of course is expected, or some whipped cream works too.
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
Adding a flavor into the mix really amps up the whole dish. We have done this with this favorite Fall flavor at the end of the year often. Throughout the year we make banana chocolate chip pancakes when our fruit gets too brown to enjoy alone.
If you use baking mix instead of a homemade pumpkin pancakes recipe you just need 4 main ingredients including an egg, pumpkin puree, some milk or dairy free alternative and Bisquick or Jiffy baking mix.
How do you make Bisquick pancake mix?
Ok so if you are craving these, look in your cupboard and realize you ran out you can make it homemade yourself with just a few ingredients. You’ll need to add some dairy so you’ll need to make it fresh every time ideally, OR mix everything else already prepped and add that when you use it.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of chilled butter
How can I substitute butter in baking?
You can use the same amount of applesauce, avocado, bananas, Greek yogurt, any type of nut butter or pumpkin puree instead. Great to know in case you need these or anything else to be dairy free.
How to make pancakes fluffy
There is a trick to fluffy pancakes and you should try both to see the difference! If you want to take it a step further it will take a few extra minutes. Add the ingredients listed EXCEPT remove the egg white. Use a mixer on high speed in a bowl with the whites to beat until fluffy, then fold into batter.
Bisquick Pumpkin Puff Pancakes
The flavors of these are amazing, you will see for yourself. Start off by choosing your favorite pan. Cast iron is kinda’ a personal favorite if it isn’t already dirty, or you can even cook these on your Blackstone 22 griddle outside.
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, pumpkin puree, egg and milk. Mix until you have a smooth batter. Add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir well. Once the skillet or electric hot griddle is warmed, carefully ladle pancake batter creating the preferred size of pancakes.
- (I used an ice cream scoop to measure mine). After 3-4 minutes, flip the pancakes and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked to your preference).
Remove and serve with syrup and enjoy. Of course these are best fresh but if you hate wasting food and make way too many you can incorporate them into a batch of banana bread pudding for dessert! Those two flavors pair well together and you’ll get two dishes out of one in a sense.
Easy Pancakes Recipe
When it comes to mix ins there are a few things we have tried and are great. Dried cranberries can bring added sweetness as well as any sort of chips of course. Some love chopped pecans like you see here or a sprinkle of ground ginger + cinnamon and sugar.
For a really large crowd we have made pancakes in the oven instead of the skillet. That is kinda’ fun too. If you make the “regular” version you can change those up in a bunch of different ways too like;
- Slice a banana into small bits and throw those in sometime.
- Chocolate or peanut butter chips make them closer to a dessert but……
- We love blueberries either fresh or frozen when they are on sale.
Looking for one more thing to add to the breakfast table this week? My girls and I love making Bisquick funnel cakes. Give cinnamon rolls with Bisquick a whirl too. You can use the same can for a savory dinner as well. That is right, the same basic flavors but in a pumpkin soup with canned pumpkin turns out great.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Bisquick
- 1 pan
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, pumpkin puree, egg and milk. Mix until you have a smooth batter. Add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well. Once the skillet or electric griddle is warm, carefully ladle pumpkin batter creating the preferred size of pancakes.
- (I used an ice cream scoop to measure mine). After 3-4 minutes, flip the pancakes and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until golden and cooked to your preference). Remove from the griddle and top with butter, syrup and/or pecans.