This dump peach cobbler requires just 4 ingredients & topped with vanilla ice cream it is the warm dessert you’ve been dreaming about. Dump cake perfection!
Yes we’ve been making a lot of easy dump cake recipes here at The Typical Mom lately because well, they’re so yummy! We’re working our way through our favorite fruit combinations and this dump peach cobbler we will call it made the list tonight. So yummy topped with some ice cream.
You could easily eat this peach dump cake naked too….I mean without anything on top but if we’re going to go all out then let’s not stop at the cake shall we.
Just like our cherry pineapple dump cake recipe you only need a few cans of this and a box of that to throw this easy cobbler style dessert together. After that it is up to you what you’d like to add in or on top to jazz it up even more. Here are a few dump cake added ingredient ideas we’ve used but of course I am sure you may have your own yummy ideas.
- Crushed nuts – honey roasted would be yummy
- Oats – old fashioned oats, not instant, to make it a bit more like a cobbler texture (didn’t do that this time but have in the past)
- Raisins – I don’t know about you but I seriously think I could put them in almost every dessert for added flavor but totally up to you
Here is a quick step by step for our dump peach cobbler so you get the idea, yes it’s named dump for a reason..no stirring involved.
If you’re unfamiliar with dump cake recipes they are different from a traditional cake you’d make in several ways.
- They don’t rise as you’d expect a cake to do
- They’re very moist
- Dump cakes are best eaten right out of the oven – my opinion obviously but I’ve made dozens of them
- You don’t follow the directions on the back of the cake mix box
- They are egg free – important to know for those who cannot have eggs but want a yummy dessert (there are some exceptions but most do not use eggs)
Here is how our peach dump cake turned out when I took it out of the oven, yes this is what it looks like and it’s wonderful.
Don’t worry if you feel like it looks too wet, it is just right when the middle is golden brown like you see here. You are going to just scoop it out so no cutting is required, that is impossible with dump cakes so don’t even try. It’s not about that when it comes to this warm dessert, it’s about the fruit and flavors inside. You’re good….just dig in.
What you will need to make this dump peach cobbler dessert
- Box of cake mix – we used this one but you could use just about any flavor, spice cake mix would be wonderful too
- Peach pie filling – in a can
- Can of sliced peaches – with the juice and all, I used this one with lower sugar, you just dump it right in (I sliced the peaches into smaller pieces right in the can just so they would spread out a bit more)
- Any additional toppings – nuts, oats
- Ice cream if you want to top it with that – and you should……
After you try this here are a few other easy dump cakes you should make:
Here’s the printable directions for dump peach cobbler or peach dump cake you might call it.
Dump Peach Cobbler
- 1 box cake mix we used yellow
- 1 can peach pie filling 21 oz
- 1 can sliced peaches 15 oz
- 1 stick butter 1/2 c.
- 1/4 c oats old fashioned, optional
- 1/4 c walnuts chopped, optional
- Spray 13x9 pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour can of pie filling on bottom of dish, then sprinkle cake mix powder on top of that evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle oats and nuts on top if you want to add those. Melt your butter and pour that across your mixture evenly.
- Use a knife to slice the peaches into smaller pieces (just do this in the can, they are very soft and will cut easily with a butter knife). Pour this across the top of your cake mix evenly.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the top, cake part, is lightly golden brown and no longer looks wet in the middle.
- Best if served immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉