This cherry cheesecake monkey bread is so easy to make with cinnamon rolls and tastes just amazing! It’s a perfect treat for breakfast or dessert in a bundt cake form for any occasion. Using your favorite pie filling like cherry or blueberry you can make this easy monkey bread at home!
With just literally 4 ingredients you can whip this cherry cheesecake monkey bread together. It’s ooey gooey warm right out of the oven in just 30 minutes. We love monkey bread of any kind. It is just so simple to make that there is no need to buy it from the store. A perfect size for all 5 of us and pretty if you want to bring a dessert or brunch to someone else’s house. Great with blueberry pie filling too. (originally published 5/17, affiliate links present)
Cheesecake Monkey Bread
I got this idea after buying something similar at Schatt’s Bakery in Bishop, Ca. If you have ever driven to Mammoth you MUST stop here and get some treats. It is a small but very popular bakery at the bottom of the mountain that has treats and a deli too.
I made something similar years ago using some of the same ingredients when I made these cherry cheesecake egg rolls. They were so good I thought of it again but with a different twist.
Cherry Monkey Bread Recipe
This is what we used to add “fruit” into the mix. You could make homemade apple pie filling if you wanted and had the time to do so. We have once in our pressure cooker and it was so delicious. I typically just buy a can ready made though. Apple and mixed berry are great choices as well.
- You’ll use just 2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, not Grands but the normal sizes
- 1 can cherry pie filling – or other flavor can be used to fold inside and on top
- Cream cheese should be room temperature so it is easier to blend
- A tub of regular sized marshmallow creme
- Bundt cake pan is what I used, cooks better in this vs. a square pan
- if you wanted to make monkey bread muffins <—- use this timing
- Powdered sugar could be dusted over the top at the end
It is easiest to use just the rolls of refrigerated sweet biscuit dough but you could defrost frozen dough balls and make this as a version of Rhodes monkey bread as well. That will take more time just to get them to soften and get to the right texture to cut into smaller pieces but will work great as well.
Monkey Bread with Cherry Pie Filling
Gently folded into the mix itself and not just poured on top like we used with our cheesecake in muffin tins, you’ll get sweetness in every bite. For the topping I just whipped together cream cheese and marshmallow cream, done.
Don’t even bother buying pastry bags just spoon it into a freezer bag, cut the edge off and squeeze pretty like this. We do the same thing when adding glaze to the top of our maraschino cherry bread.
Isn’t it pretty! Slides right out of your bundt pan once it has a few minutes to settle after being pulled out of the oven and you can either make this easy 2 ingredient cheesecake frosting or just use the frosting that comes with the cinnamon rolls and squeeze that right on!
Cherry Pie Monkey Bread
Unlike a traditional style where you roll each cut piece of biscuit in a bowl of sugar and cinnamon, it isn’t necessary with this one. We have a printable recipe at the bottom of this post but here is a quick step by step to peek at first:
- First cut each cinnamon roll into about 4 pcs, put into a small bowl.
- Empty can of fruit pie filling into a large bowl then combine with cut cinnamon rolls inside
- Very gently stir together.
- Spray inside of your bundt pan with non stick spray, or brush with melted butter. Spoon mixture into your pan. Make sure it is even all the way around so it cooks evenly.
- Put in your preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and insides are no longer sticky.
- Allow to continue to cook in the pan and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before flipping bundt oven on to a large serving platter.
- On a low setting mix together your sugar and cream cheese at room temperature together with a tub of marshmallow creme.
Squeeze on the top using a pastry bag or spoon on each serving when served. The combination of the pie filling and cream cheese will make it just amazing.
How to Save Leftover Money Bread
If you do have leftovers they save well if done so properly. You want to avoid air getting into contact with the outsides as that will dry it out. Put into a freezer bag and suck all the air out instead. Put into the fridge and it is best if eaten within 24 hours and warmed up in the microwave for a bit. If you’re looking for other easy monkey bread recipes you should try;
- Use the same can to make our cherry pie filling dump cake too
- Pumpkin monkey bread is amazing especially during the Fall seasons.
- Apple pie monkey bread muffins use just two ingredients and you have yourself a sweet treat.
- Instant Pot monkey bread is possible y’all….you should try it!
If you’re a cheesecake fan you’ll also love this Instant Pot cheesecake recipe. There’s a video in this post showing you how to make our cherry cheesecake monkey bread using refrigerated cinnamon rolls.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Cherry Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- Cut each cinnamon roll into about 4 pcs and put into a bowl.
- Empty can of cherry pie filling into bowl with cut cinnamon rolls and gently stir.
- Spray inside of bundt pan with non stick spray and spoon mixture into your pan, make sure it is even all the way around so it cooks evenly.
- Put in your oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Allow to continue to cook in the pan and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before flipping bundt oven on to a large platter.
- On a low setting mix together your room temperature cream cheese and tub of marshmallow creme.
- Serve on the side for dipping or put into a small freezer bag, snip corner off and squeeze on to cherry bundt in a zig zag pattern and serve.