You’ve got to try this easy 3 ingredient cherry pie filling dump cake for dessert! It’s so simple to make even your kids can throw it together. This easy dump cake is really moist and packed with dark cherries or any other pie filling flavor you love. Cake mix baking has never been easier!
This easy cherry pie filling dump cake recipe literally only requires 3 ingredients and comes out so moist and delicious packed with fruit! We chose cherry but you could easily mix up the flavor of cake mix or pie filling and create a multitude of different possibilities. We love easy desserts and unlike traditional dump cakes you won’t find powdery spots of mix or an overwhelming butter taste in one bite but not the other because everything is mixed in well and there is NO butter required. Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
It really did come out pretty fantastic.
I first started by creating these blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes that were so good and I thought I would take it from there and create other easy dump cake recipes like this one that’s kinda’ like a cherry pie cake of sorts.
You can see just how moist it came out…….
We topped it with ice cream for a few of us but I preferred it as is and even had a little slice for breakfast the next day. 😉
We used strawberry cake mix and cherry pie filling here but you could opt for yellow or white if you preferred.
The taste will vary a bit with every different choice, but the color will be the biggest difference you will see.
We called this cherry pie filling dump cake but really you can call it whatever you want!
Grab what you need at the store and see what you think!
This is what you’ll need to get to make our easy cherry pie filling dump cake
- Box of cake mix
- Can of pie filling
- Pan – I used this 1.5 qt. corningware dish
Here’s a video showing you how we made it:
Here are the printable directions:
Cherry Pie Filling Dump Cake
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can pie filling
- 3 eggs
- Mix together all ingredients, eggs first and then gently folding in pie filling is best so you don't break up the fruit too much.
- Spray pan, I used an oblong 1.5 qt. dish (could use 13x9 but will be thinner and may take closer to 30 min time). Empty dump cake mix into pan.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out fairly clean in the middle - took us 38 min - (will be a tad bit wet and that is okay, it will continue to cook in pan).
- Allow to cool and settle in pan at least 10 minutes before serving.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉