This 3 ingredient easy Instant Pot dump cake with fruit filling is delicious! Just dump it in with cake mix and top with ice cream when it’s done. The perfect little pressure cooker dessert you’re whole family will enjoy.
This easy Instant Pot dump cake can be made with any fruit pie filling you like but we chose apple and it came out amazing! If you’ve never made a dump cake it means just that. You mix together a few ingredients, dump in your pie filling, cook and enjoy! We recently used white cake mix with blueberry pie filling and those flavors are delicious too. Now this is one of our favorite dessert Instant Pot recipes we’ve made, you can make it in any brand of pressure cooker you might have at home. 😉 (originally published 7/17)
This is all you need to make Instant Pot dump cake
- Oven safe dish & trivet to cook this using the PIP method
- Pie filling – really the best is apple
- Box of cake mix – best one has been spice cake mix
When cooking this easy Instant Pot dump cake dessert it does rise a bit so when you put the foil on top try to dome it so it doesn’t stick.
I will either spray the inside of the foil with nonstick spray or use non stick aluminum foil if I have it on hand. If you don’t have it it isn’t a deal breaker. It will just stick slightly to the top where the foil meets the dump cake.
We topped it off with scoops with vanilla ice cream which slowly melted and added even more flavor.
It’s pretty amazing….
The apple pie filling has quite a bit of moisture to it so unlike our traditional dump cake recipe I used an egg instead of butter.
The best way to make an Instant Pot dump cake is with apple pie filling and spice cake!
As with any easy dump cake it is NOT dry at all and continues to cook while it is cooling. So if it looks a bit wet when it comes out not to worry. It will be perfect when it’s cooled.
We have also used yellow cake mix + a can of apple pie filling as seen below. It comes out a looser consistency than the spice cake mix and takes a bit longer too. We have tested this recipe in different pans and with a variety of mixes and the one in the recipe card is best!
If you love this but would rather use fresh apples you should try our crockpot apple crisp that tastes similar but uses all fresh ingredients.
When you’re done making this you should try our other Instant Pot dessert recipes
- Instant Pot cake
- Our pressure cooker donuts are so fun
- We have a list of other easy dump cake recipes for the oven too
Instant Pot dump cake is so yummy!!
Instant Pot Dump Cake
- 1 c cake mix
- 1.5 c pie filling
- 1 egg
- Pour your cake mix in with 1 egg and mix together, then add pie filling and fold together so it is combined well.
- Pour 1.5 c of water into your Instant Pot and put a trivet at the bottom of your pot.
- Spray your oven safe bowl with non stick spray and dump your dump cake mixture into your dish, cover that with foil (can spray underside of foil with non stick spray to avoid sticking as well, I do) and make a sling out of foil to lower it on to your trivet inside your Instant Pot.
- Put lid on, close steam valve, and set to: manual, pressure, high, for 28 minutes. Do a natural release.
- Take out, remove foil, and let stand for 5-10 minutes on a cooling rack so it can stiffen up and settle.
- Serve topped with ice cream!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉