Pressure cooker donuts only have 3 ingredients and are so easy to make for breakfast or dessert. Add melted chocolate and sprinkles on the top and they’re done perfectly in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi!
OH MY goodness these pressure cooker donuts came out so good! The girls and I decided to “bake” in our Instant Pot this weekend and I thought donut holes would be a fun thing to make in our egg mold. You can easily make Ninja Foodi donuts the same way too…I love these two machines!! Added to our list of easy Instant Pot recipes, I think this might be our favorite pressure cooker breakfast ever!
Ok so we’re a little pressure cooker happy but seriously, I can’t tell you the last time I actually turned on my oven since these two multi function kitchen appliances just do it all.
What is the best pressure cooker you might ask:
- I’ve had my Instant Pot since it emerged 2.5 years ago, and now have 3 different sizes. 😉
- The Ninja Foodi is an air fryer meets a pressure cooker and it is making its mark in the cooking world with a vengeance and we love it’s dual function.
- Here’s a free Ninja Foodi cookbook to help you find easy pressure cooker and air fryer recipes and I offer a free Instant Pot cookbook with a few of my recipes in it here too!
Ok on to making some fun pressure cooker donuts…well donut holes if you want to get specific now.
They may not look perfect when they’re done but just pop them out and turn them over and they will! Smother them with melted chocolate and let the kids decorate them and nobody will care that they aren’t perfect anyway…perfection is way overrated. 😉
Pressure cooker donuts are quite easy to make actually, and cheap too!
This is what you need to make this delicious Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi breakfast your whole family will love!
- Box of cake mix – we used this one (you could swap for any flavor but chocolate cake donuts were always my favorite and that is what these taste like)
- Non stick spray
- Egg mold
- this is a buttermilk substitute if you need one
- White chocolate chips – if you want to frost them
- Coconut oil – makes chocolate melt amazingly well
Can you double this recipe?
- The recipe for pressure cooker donut holes below makes approx. 10 donut holes, 7 holes are in an egg mold so you’d make 2 batches
How to make donuts with cake mix in the oven?
- We’ve done that too!
- Just follow our cake mix donuts post directions
- You will need this donut pan
- We put the batter into a pint size freezer bag and cut off the tip to squeeze it into the pan easier (or a pastry bag works but is more expensive)
- Bake semi homemade donuts in the oven
- Frost like we did with these pressure cooker donuts
How to melt white chocolate chips
- It’s easier than you think but there is a trick to it!
- Put 1 c. white chocolate chips into a bowl – I use paper bowls so I can just throw them away after, if not it is really stuck on there
- Add 1/2 tsp. coconut oil into your bowl – this makes chocolate melt amazingly well
- Put your bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds
- Take out and stir well
- Put back into your microwave for another 30 seconds
- Stir quickly and this should be enough time so that with your stirring it becomes completely smooth and is ready to coat your doughnuts
- Hold donut hole to the side and spoon liquid white chocolate over the top 1/2
- Set on non stick surface – like this cutting board or parchment paper works too
Trick to making the best pressure cooker donuts
- Make sure you spray the inside holes of your egg mold – or else they will kinda’ stick when popping them out
- Take the foil off immediately once you take them out so the condensation doesn’t drip down and get them wet
- Wait a few minutes once you take them out to pop each one out so they can settle and cool a bit – don’t want to burn any fingers
- Allow your doughnuts to cool before coating with your melted white chocolate coating or the chocolate don’t be able to cool and harden as quickly
- Sprinkle immediately once your chocolate is on there or else it will harden and toppings won’t stick
Other than that enjoy making these Ninja Foodi donuts or these work in any other pressure cooker like an Instant Pot or Crockpot Express pot too!
- For the Ninja Foodi machine you will use the pressure button and your pressure lid (the one that isn’t attached), then directions below.
Looking for other pressure cooker dessert recipes
- Pressure cooker brownies are amazing, you can make brownie bites using this same egg mold too
- Instant Pot angel food cake can be made in any brand too.
Watch the video showing how easy these donut holes are to make:
Pressure Cooker Donuts
- 1 1/3 c cake mix basically half a box of cake mix, we used triple chocolate fudge
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 c chocolate chips white
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix together your cake mix, buttermilk and egg well.
- Spray the inside holes in your egg mold with non stick spray.
- Put a trivet inside your pot with 1.5 c water.
- Fill your egg mold holes 3/4 of the way full and cover with foil, use a foil sling to lower egg mold on to your trivet.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 12 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release steam for 2 minutes, then let out rest of steam.
- Take mold out of pot. Take off foil immediately and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pop donut holes out of mold and set on a paper towel, or enjoy them immediately if you aren't adding frosting.
- If adding frosting put white chocolate chips and coconut oil dollop in the middle. Put in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir, then microwave for additional 30 seconds. Stir until lumps smooth out.
- Spoon white chocolate over tops of donut holes, place on non stick surface (parchment paper works), then sprinkle with sprinkles etc... Allow to cool and harden then enjoy.