Here are 34+ easy Instant Pot pasta recipes to get you started with any brand of pressure cooker, even a Crockpot Express or Ninja foodi will do! Simple soups and main dishes with pasta in them that we love.
In this roundup I focused on pasta cooked in your pressure cooker so you can enjoy comfort food in 20 minutes or so. Find these and a TON of other Instant Pot recipes here too. (originally published 10/17, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Pasta Recipes
If you need easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you can use that pot instead. They are all basically the same as long as they have the saute and high pressure function it will work just fine. The biggest difference with the Foodi is you can air fry as well which typically isn’t needed, unless you want to melt another layer of cheese on top.
One of my MOST popular InstaPot pasta recipes is my Instant Pot baked spaghetti. It was literally the second thing I ever cooked after I got it out of the box!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot pasta
Many of these are my own creation but I included a few favorite pressure cooker pasta recipe ideas from my blogger friends too! If you have a favorite pasta in Instant Pot that isn’t on the list let me know. I love making new dishes.
- If you have a different brand of pressure cooker, like are looking for easy Ninja Foodi recipes, these pasta recipes will work too.
Just follow the same instructions like we share with our Instant Pot bang bang shrimp pasta. There is no difference in cook times and even better since it has a ceramic pot it is even easier to clean up after.
Can you cook pasta in the Instant Pot?
YES!! That is what we are talking about y’all. NO more boiling noodles in one pot, sauce in another, dirtying another one to mix together. Just throw it all in at once like our Instant Pot penne pasta recipe and done at once.
If cooking alone without sauce just put pasta, water, olive oil and salt in your pressure cooker. Then you can add butter and we like some parmesan cheese at the end too.
- This is where our Instant Pot butter noodles were born!
- You can find the recipe below and print it out too if you want.
A kid favorite for sure but sometimes you just want something simple as a side dish (or a guilty entire meal). You can follow the written directions below for this, or print and keep it for your records.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Put first 4 ingredients into your pressure cooker.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 0 minutes followed by a 3 minute natural release to avoid spraying water. Then quick release rest of steam.
- Drain water, add 2 tbsp of butter, 1/3 c. parmesan and 1/2 tsp garlic salt for cheesy parmesan butter noodles. Stir so cheese and butter melts. Serve.
How to Cook Pasta in Instant Pot
Here are a few tips to remember if you are having difficulties determining the noodle to liquid ratio;
- If the pasta doesn’t fit in a pot (like spaghetti), break it into thirds so it fits.
- Add 2.5 times the water to cover pasta, don’t pass 3/4 full line.
- example: 2 cups uncooked pasta needs 5 cups of water
- drizzle in some olive oil to prevent sticking together
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Press pressure cooker or the manual button and set the time to 2 – 9 minutes
Here are a few questions on how to cook noodles in pressure cooker here
Cook time depends on what other items you’re adding. If cooking just water and egg noodles, set to 2 minutes small noodles like rotini or medium shells take closer to 3 minutes.
Olive oil is the key!! Just add a tbsp. of olive oil into the water, with your uncooked noodles. Nobody likes finding a big clump of pasta when you open up that lid. It isn’t fun to eat that way either.
- Another Instant Pot hack is to sprinkle in longer noodles like spaghetti.
- break into thirds to fit easier and sprinkle in vs. dropping it into the sauce
- If you don’t you may have a clump at the end. That is why I tend to use smaller styles like macaroni, rigatoni or shells.
This Instant Pot taco casserole (seen above) is probably our favorite pressure cooker pasta recipes. It is packed with the Mexican flavors you love, add sour cream for creamy comfort food.
Easy Instant Pot pasta recipes
Here are a few of our favorite ones:
- Instant Pot spaghetti was my first pressure cooker meal and the most popular recipe here.Throw in your pasta sauce and ground beef and done.
- Instant Pot cheesy chicken spaghetti has a bit of a kick and tons of flavor.
- You’ve gotta’ try this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole it is amazing. A chicken breast casserole twist you can throw in one pot with NO pre boiling involved.
- Top with breading and parmesan cheese for extra goodness.
Cooking Pasta in Pressure Cooker
Looking for more cheesy pasta recipes? Well that is what we aim for! Pasta inside soup is another winner of a dinner around here.
If you want to add protein, try chicken Instant Pot pad thai.
- Easy Instant Pot lasagna soup has all the flavors you love in a one pot meal.
- pair this with a few pieces of pull apart bread on a chilly night and you’ll get thumbs up all the way around the table
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is probably top of the list as far as my girls are concerned
- Then try our pressure cooker Mexican casserole in the pressure cooker too.
- Our easy Instant Pot chicken pasta has a creamy sauce and vegetables if you want to add them
Inexpensive and classic Instant Pot chicken noodle soup has only a few fresh ingredients. Homemade is definitely the way to go!
Cooking Pasta in Ninja Foodi
Looking for another pressure cooker pasta dish? Well we’ve got them. Added to soups or made into one of our Instant Pot casseroles I am sure your family will love all of them. Way quicker than in your slow cooker.
- Instant Pot goulash is a classic. Use ground sausage or ground beef for this one. I recommend half spicy and half regular sausage for TONS of flavor.
- One of our first recipes was this homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese. Probably my kids’ favorite and I have a hard time making it any other way now.
- Throw together Instant Pot chili mac recipe will definitely make you think of your childhood and your kids will absolutely love it!
- For a quick meal make Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker too.
Instant Pot Noodle Recipes
Many people have used gluten free pasta with these. Just adjust the cooking time to be slightly less because of the change if you do so.
- Try this twist = Instant Pot beef stew pasta
- Healthy Instant Pot Italian wedding soup
- Pressure cooker tuna noodle casserole is an all time favorite for our family
- This Instant Pot lo mein is yummy
- Like hamburger helper, this Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni is like what you remember with a really with a creamy cheese base.
- Easy Instant Pot minestrone soup is packed with natural flavors and just delicious….and super healthy too!
Unfortunately I don’t have a need to use that type so not all recipes account for the cook time differences. Less time is the general rule though.
Pressure cooker pasta recipes
I literally have done it all. Whether you need a vegetarian option or love meat filled dishes just take your pick and see which is your fave.
- Our easy Instant Pot philly cheesesteak pasta casserole is amazing
- Creamy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo
- Add shrimp to make Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta it is so good too
- Instant Pot chicken, spinach, and artichoke pasta
Then take a peek at our Instant Pot enchilada pasta here! Has all the same flavors you love but SO much easier to put together.
Instant Pot Creamy Pasta Recipes
You can make these dairy free if need be too. I have found great alternatives for my husband from Country Crock for vegan butter and Daiya for milk free cheeses.
- We love this Instant Pot taco pasta uses tomato sauce, pasta and spicy ground sausage is the best choice for meat. You can smell the goodness huh…..
- Kids will love this Instant Pot pizza pasta because it’s done in 3 minutes on high pressure and tastes like pizza!
- Simple Instant Pot lasagna
- Healthier Instant Pot lasagna recipe
Try one at a time or set out to try them all one night at a time.
Easy Pressure Cooker Instant Pot pasta recipes
I’ve been on a mission to eat together more often. I am usually exhausted after working all day and don’t want to take an hour cooking. These make it possible!
If you’re looking to make these in your brand of electric multi cooker they will all work with the brand you have. Most only use the saute or high pressure functions and Crockpot Express, Mealthy and others have those. If you have a Ninja Foodi you can melt a layer of cheese on top of your creation too! Here are a few other resources for you;
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!