Here are 34+ easy Instant Pot pasta recipes to get you started with your pressure cooker! Simple soups and main dishes with pasta in them that we love.
One of my MOST popular Instant Pot pasta recipes is my Instant Pot spaghetti. It was literally the second thing I ever cooked after I got it out of the box! I now have a TON of simple Instant Pot recipes to share with you. In this roundup I focused on pasta cooked in your pressure cooker so you can enjoy comfort food in 20 minutes or so. (originally published 10/17, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot pasta recipes literally took me a few months to attempt to use it because I had NO idea how to use an Instant Pot or a pressure cooker. I was VERY apprehensive about using it for the first time.
Many of these are my own creation but I included a few favorites from my blogger friends too! If you have a favorite Instant Pot pasta that isn’t on the list let me know. I love making new dishes.
- If you have a different brand of pressure cooker, like are looking for easy Ninja Foodi recipes, these pasta recipes will work too.
Can you cook pasta in the Instant Pot? YES!!
If cooking alone without sauce just put pasta, water, olive oil and salt in your pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Pasta
- Put all ingredients into your pressure cooker.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 2 minutes followed by a 2 minute natural release to avoid spraying water. Then quick release rest of steam.
- Drain water, add 2 tbsp of butter, 1/3 c. parmesan and 1/2 tsp garlic salt for cheesy parmesan butter noodles. Stir so cheese and butter melts. Serve.
- If the pasta doesn’t fit in a pot (like spaghetti), break it into thirds so it fits.
- Add 2.5 times the water to cover pasta, don’t pass 3/4 full line.
- example: 2 cups uncooked pasta needs 5 cups of water
- drizzle in some olive oil to prevent sticking together
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Press pressure cooker or the manual button and set the time to 2 – 9 minutes
- How long does it take to cook pasta in a pressure cooker?
- timing depends on what other items you’re adding
- if cooking just water and egg noodles, set to 2 minutes
- small noodles like rotini or medium shells take closer to 3 minutes
How do you prevent pasta from sticking?
Olive oil is the key!! Just add a tbsp. of olive oil into the water, with your uncooked noodles. Nobody likes finding a big clump of pasta when you open up that lid. It isn’t fun to eat that way either.
- Another Instant Pot hack is to sprinkle in longer noodles like spaghetti.
- break into thirds to fit easier and sprinkle in vs. dropping it into the sauce
- If you don’t you may have a clump at the end. That is why I tend to use smaller styles like macaroni, rigatoni or shells.
This Instant Pot taco casserole (seen above) is probably our favorite pressure cooker pasta recipes. It is packed with the Mexican flavors you love, add sour cream for creamy comfort food.
- If you’d like to buy an Instant Pot I have the 6 qt. basic version and it works great for feeding the 5 of us, I don’t think I’d need anything bigger or “fancier”.
- I also have this Ninja Foodi pressure cook and air fryer machine and I’m now obsessed with that. I’d say I love having both.
It has been the most amazing appliance for making quick dinners, here’s a video showing you how we make a few of our favorite Instant Pot pasta recipes
Here are a few of our favorite ones:
- Instant Pot spaghetti was my first pressure cooker meal and the most popular recipe here.Throw in your pasta sauce and ground beef and done.
- Instant Pot cheesy chicken spaghetti has a bit of a kick and tons of flavor.
- You’ve gotta’ try this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole it is amazing. A chicken breast casserole twist you can throw in one pot with NO pre boiling involved.
- Top with breading and parmesan cheese for extra goodness.
Looking for more cheesy pasta recipes? Well that is what we aim for! Pasta inside soup is another winner of a dinner around here.
- Easy Instant Pot lasagna soup has all the flavors you love in a one pot meal.
- pair this with a few pieces of pull apart bread on a chilly night and you’ll get thumbs up all the way around the table
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is probably top of the list as far as my girls are concerned
- Then try our Mexican casserole in the pressure cooker too.
- Our easy Instant Pot chicken pasta has a creamy sauce and vegetables if you want to add them
- Inexpensive and classic Instant Pot chicken noodle soup has only a few fresh ingredients. Homemade is definitely the way to go!
Looking for another pressure cooker pasta dish? Well we’ve got them. Added to soups or made into one of our Instant Pot casseroles I am sure your family will love all of them. Way quicker than in your slow cooker.
- Instant Pot goulash is a classic. Use ground sausage or ground beef for this one. I recommend half spicy and half regular sausage for TONS of flavor.
- One of our first recipes was this homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese. Probably my kids’ favorite and I have a hard time making it any other way now.
- Throw together Instant Pot chili mac recipe will definitely make you think of your childhood and your kids will absolutely love it!
- For a quick meal make Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker too.
- Try this twist = Instant Pot beef stew pasta
- Healthy Instant Pot Italian wedding soup
- Pressure cooker tuna noodle casserole is an all time favorite for our family
- This Instant Pot lo mein is yummy
- Like hamburger helper, this Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni is like what you remember with a really with a creamy cheese base.
- Easy Instant Pot minestrone soup is packed with natural flavors and just delicious….and super healthy too!
Many people have used gluten free pasta with these. Just adjust the cooking time to be slightly less because of the change.
Unfortunately I don’t have a need to use that type so not all recipes account for the cook time differences. Less time is the general rule though.
Try some more easy Instant Pot pressure cooker pasta recipes here.
- Instant Pot vegetable noodle soup
- Creamy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo
- Add shrimp to make Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta it is so good too
- Instant Pot chicken, spinach, and artichoke pasta
Then take a peek at our Instant Pot enchilada casserole here! Has all the same flavors you love but SO much easier to put together.
- Simple Instant Pot lasagna
- Healthier Instant Pot lasagna recipe
- We love this Instant Pot cheesy taco pasta uses tomato sauce, pasta and spicy ground sausage is the best choice for meat
- Kids will love this Instant Pot pizza pasta because it’s done in 3 minutes on high pressure and tastes like pizza!
Try one at a time or set out to try them all one night at a time.
I’ve been on a mission to eat together more often. I am usually exhausted after working all day and don’t want to take an hour cooking. These make it possible!
If you’re looking for more easy pressure cooker recipes try these: