This easy Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup is perfect year round! Just a few simple ingredients make this healthy pressure cooker soup delicious and have become a family favorite!
If you’ve never made Instant Pot Italian wedding soup it’s really yummy! In years past we’ve made it in a slow cooker. Now we are adding it to our favorite list of Instant Pot recipes so you can make it in no time. (originally published 6/17, services llc associates program, affiliate links present)
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
We will show you right here. You only need a few ingredients and you can either use frozen meatballs or make them yourself.
Originally it’s name is really minestra maritata which means married soup in the fact that the ingredients are “married” to one another with flavors all together.
Of course it is better fresh on the first day but if you have leftovers you certainly can. Allow it to cool to room temperature and then transfer to freezer safe air tight containers or bags.
Italian Wedding soup
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Sausage to make meatballs
- or turkey meatballs with ground turkey
- frozen mini meatballs defrosted work too
- Escarole (greenery inside)
- Tiny noodles (we use Pastina)
- or acini di pepe works
- Chicken broth or water
Why we love this soup:
- It tastes perfect with vegetables, sausage, and these little noodles my kids love.
- We are always looking for simple recipes that not only taste good but are healthy too and this one surely fits the bill.
- It only takes a few minutes with a quick release at the end
- You don’t really need Italian seasonings if you make homemade meatballs because the flavor of those will be enough
Serve it with the best garlic bread recipe and it is the perfect lunch or dinner, and great if there are any leftovers.
It’s a healthy pressure cooker recipes that tastes delicious.
Instant Pot Italian Wedding soup
- You really don’t need any seasoning in it because the flavors from the sausage meatballs permeate throughout the soup and that is enough to make it delicious.
- I suggest making your own fresh meatballs. You can use our quick meatloaf recipe and form them into meatballs.
- Frozen meatballs just don’t taste quite as good (but can be used).
- I like using sausage meat like you see below, cutting the casing off and then creating a meatloaf type of mixture.
- Then forming them into meatballs.
If you are in a hurry by all means use frozen meatballs (Italian sausage is best and usually available) and just defrost them before you add them to the soup.
It is quite inexpensive to make as well as healthy and since you are using your Instant Pot and not having to heat the oven or stovetop. You can make it year round and not heat up your house!
Whether you live in a hot place and you’re looking for recipes where you don’t have to turn the oven/stove on. Or it is snowing outside and all you want it soup for dinner…this one is a winner!!
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes?
Like I said, we’ve made this easy Italian Wedding Soup recipe in the crockpot too. If you haven’t made the jump to Instant Pot yet I suggest you make this version.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Pressure cooker Italian Wedding soup
- Make meatballs
- Add ingredients
Put browned meatballs back into pot (or use defrosted instead). Add any vegetables cut up that you’d like with acini de pepe, and broth.
Close lid and steam valve and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Add escarole
Lift lid and submerge leave on top. Set pot to saute for 2 minutes and allow that to wilt. Serve!
Italian Wedding soup Instant Pot
I like mine with some shredded parmesan on top. Serve it with some bread and you have a complete meal done in about 20 minutes. Now that is a huge win in my busy Mom book.
- We eat soup for dinner a lot. I guess I was brought up that way a bit because it was an inexpensive way to get you full.
- At that time it was all canned but now I can make homemade meals in a snap with my 7 in 1 kitchen appliance with no problems.
Here’s a printable recipe for you as well.
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Make your meatballs or buy them pre-made at the store.
- Add a few tbsp of olive oil into your Instant Pot, set to saute, low, and add your meatballs.
- Brown the outsides if you’re cooking using your own fresh meatballs, if using frozen just defrost them ahead of time and add to pot just to warm them slightly, then add your diced onions. Cook for a minute or two just to soften onions slightly. Turn pot off/cancel.
- Pour in your chicken stock, diced carrots, basil, and Pastini noodles. (if you want your noodles to be really al dente then add them with your escarole later)
- Put on the lid and close the steam valve on your pressure cooker and set to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- When done do a quick release.
- Add escarole if you choose to add it (cut into spoon size pcs., use about 2 c. of leaves) and stir gently so leaves are submerged. Set Instant Pot to saute, low, and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes so escarole can soften. Serve!