This easy Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup is perfect year round and a delicious dinner idea. Simple ingredients yet packed with flavor it’s a healthy pressure cooker soup that everyone loves! Load it up with vegetables and meatballs and you are sure to add this to your meal planning menu rotations.
If you’ve never made this simple but flavorful soup it’s really yummy! We’ve made this easy Italian Wedding Soup recipe in the crockpot before but now that we are adding to our favorite list of Instant Pot recipes we made it in here too tonight! Instead of cooking it for hours and hours it just took 4 minutes in this pressure cooker to make Instant Pot Italian wedding soup. (originally published 6/17)
It tastes perfect with vegetables, sausage, and these little noodles my kids love. We are always looking for simple recipes that not only taste good but are healthy too and this one surely fits the bill.
Serve it with a side of bread and it is the perfect lunch or dinner, and great if there are any leftovers.
Here is what you will need to make our easy Instant Pot Italian wedding soup recipe:
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Sausage meatballs
- Escarole (greenery inside)
- Tiny noodles (we use Pastina)
It’s a healthy pressure cooker recipes that tastes delicious.
The nice thing about this easy pressure cooker soup is you can serve it as is or just with some bread on the side.
You really don’t need any seasoning in it because the flavors from the sausage meatballs permeate throughout the soup and that is enough to make it delicious.
It is quite inexpensive to make as well as healthy and since you are using your Instant Pot and not having to heat the oven or stovetop you can make it year round and not heat up your house!
When you live in a hot place, like Southern California like us, it is nice to have recipes that don’t make it hotter than it already is during the Summertime for sure.
Here’s how you make it, enjoy my friends!
Looking for more Instant Pot soups?
Here’s a printable recipe for you as well.
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- 12 meatballs (sausage is best)
- 40 oz chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch escarole (use 2 c. leaves)
- 1/2 c Pastini
- 1/4 tsp basil dried
- Make your meatballs or buy them pre-made at the store.
- Add a few tbsp of olive oil into your Instant Pot, set to saute, low, and add your meatballs.
- Brown the outsides if you're cooking using your own meatballs, if using frozen just defrost them ahead of time and add to pot just to warm them slightly, then add your diced onions. Cook for a minute or two just to soften onions slightly.
- Pour in your chicken stock, diced carrots, basil, and Pastini noodles. Turn pot to off.
- Put on the lid and close the steam valve on your pressure cooker and set to manual, pressure, high, for 4 minutes.
- When done do a slow release by slightly moving he steam valve to the side so steam releases slowly and lift lid carefully.
- Add escarole (cut into spoon size pcs., use about 2 c. of leaves) and stir gently so leaves are submerged. Set Instant Pot to saute, low, and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes so escarole can soften. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉