This easy Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup is perfect year round! Just a few simple ingredients make this healthy pressure cooker soup delicious and have become a family favorite!
If you’ve never made this simple but flavorful soup it’s really yummy! In years past we’ve made Italian wedding soup but it took all day in a slow cooker, now we are adding it to our favorite list of Instant Pot recipes so you can make it in no time! Instead of cooking it for hours and hours it just took 3 minutes in our pressure cooker. Take a peek. (originally published 6/17)
Like I said, we’ve made this easy Italian Wedding Soup recipe in the crockpot, and if you haven’t made the jump to Instant Pot yet I suggest you make this version.
Why we love this soup:
- It tastes perfect with vegetables, sausage, and these little noodles my kids love.
- We are always looking for simple recipes that not only taste good but are healthy too and this one surely fits the bill.
Serve it with the best garlic bread recipe and it is the perfect lunch or dinner, and great if there are any leftovers.
Here is what you will need to make our easy Instant Pot Italian wedding soup recipe:
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Sausage meatballs
- Escarole (greenery inside)
- Tiny noodles (we use Pastina)
It’s a healthy pressure cooker recipes that tastes delicious.
The nice thing about this easy pressure cooker soup is you can serve it as is or just with some bread on the side.
- You really don’t need any seasoning in it because the flavors from the sausage meatballs permeate throughout the soup and that is enough to make it delicious.
- I suggest making your own fresh meatballs, you can use our quick meatloaf recipe and form them into meatballs, frozen meatballs just don’t taste quite as good (but can be used)
- I like using sausage meat like you see below, cutting the casing off and then creating a meatloaf type of mixture…then forming them into meatballs.
If you are in a hurry by all means use frozen meatballs (Italian style is best and usually available) and just defrost them before you add them to the soup.
It is quite inexpensive to make as well as healthy and since you are using your Instant Pot and not having to heat the oven or stovetop you can make it year round and not heat up your house!
Whether you live in a hot place and you’re looking for recipes where you don’t have to turn the oven/stove on, or it is snowing outside and all you want it soup for dinner…this one is a winner!!
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Instant Pot barley soup is another healthy pressure cooker soup
Here’s a printable recipe for you as well.
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- 12 meatballs (sausage is best)
- 40 oz chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch escarole (use 2 c. leaves)
- 1/2 c Pastini
- 1/4 tsp basil dried
- Make your meatballs or buy them pre-made at the store.
- Add a few tbsp of olive oil into your Instant Pot, set to saute, low, and add your meatballs.
- Brown the outsides if you're cooking using your own fresh meatballs, if using frozen just defrost them ahead of time and add to pot just to warm them slightly, then add your diced onions. Cook for a minute or two just to soften onions slightly. Turn pot off/cancel.
- Pour in your chicken stock, diced carrots, basil, and Pastini noodles. (if you want your noodles to be really al dente then add them with your escarole later)
- Put on the lid and close the steam valve on your pressure cooker and set to pressure, high, for 4 minutes.
- When done do a quick release.
- Add escarole if you choose to add it (cut into spoon size pcs., use about 2 c. of leaves) and stir gently so leaves are submerged. Set Instant Pot to saute, low, and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes so escarole can soften. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉