This easy Instant Pot lasagna soup is amazing and healthy!! You can make it in the slow cooker too but in your pressure cooker it’s done in just 8 minutes! Your favorite pasta dinner is now a soup and much easier to make.
Oh my goodness!! I just got an Instant Pot and this is my second recipe, I seriously cannot believe how quickly it cooks everything! It is quite chilly here in SoCal so we are all about soups for dinner. I have made lasagna in the crockpot, so thought I should try to make it as a soup in my new kitchen appliance…..it came out amazing and in just 8 minutes from start to finish! Here’s how you make Instant Pot lasagna soup that’s healthy and tastes fantastic. 😉 It’s now one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 1/17)
- Ok so we used different noodles, but with kids in the house I could just see those wide lasagna noodles (even broken up they’d be big) flipping out of spoons and decided rigatoni noodles were the answer.
You could easily use bow tie pasta noodles too which would be a bit smaller than these when it’s done, your choice. In order to make this lasagna soup recipe in just 8 minutes you need an Instant Pot.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot I highly recommend it, after just a few recipes I can’t believe I waited so long to try it!
One of my favorite parts of this 7 in 1 multi cooker pressure cooker is that you can brown your meat right in it, then add everything else on top, snap the lid on and let it cook.
Before I had to dirty a pan on the stovetop to do this part, makes it so much easier!
This is what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot lasagna soup and a video showing you how we made it
- Ground beef – this is how to thaw Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to take it out the night before.
- Diced tomatoes
- Chicken or beef broth
- Noodles – uncooked, can use any style you like, these work great
- Mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti sauce – I buy what is on sale
How to make crockpot lasagna soup
- If you want to make slow cooker lasagna soup just pre cook your meat and add all ingredients other than noodles and cheeses and cook on low all day (6 hrs or so).
- About 30 minutes before you’re going to eat put your noodles in, submerge, and put on high or until they are the tenderness you desire.
- Top with cheeses and serve!
Looking for more Instant Pot ground beef recipes?
- Instant Pot chili
- Creamy Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup
- 17 minute homemade Instant Pot split pea soup
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is great to try next after this
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 c diced tomatoes used canned
- 40 oz chicken broth less if you want it thicker
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 1.5 - 2 c noodles uncooked , could use bowtie or other type
- pinch salt
- pinch oregano
- 1 c mozzarella cheese for topping
- 1 c ricotta cheese could omit, it's just as good without it
- Set Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil, ground beef and diced onions. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Turn OFF/Cancel button.
- Add all other ingredients except ricotta and mozzarella (those are used for toppings).
- Switch setting to the manual, pressure, high for 3 minutes (if you want your noodles real soft cook for 4 minutes).
- Do a quick release and remove lid. Done!!
- Top with small spoonful of ricotta and a pinch of mozzarella cheese on top.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉