This easy Instant Pot lasagna soup is amazing and healthy!! You can make it in the slow cooker too but in your pressure cooker it’s done in just 8 minutes! Your favorite pasta dinner is now a soup and much easier to make.
Oh my goodness!! I just got an Instant Pot and this is my second recipe. I seriously cannot believe how quickly this Instant Pot lasagna soup took to make! It’s now one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 1/17, participant in the Amazon program, affiliate links present)
- Ok so it’s lasagna but you’re pressure cooking with different noodles. We love this classic Italian dish.
- You can make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe too.
With kids and those wide noodles though they had a hard time eating it, and I hated precooking them. Lazy lasagna soup is the way to go y’all!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
You could easily use bow tie pasta noodles too. They would be a bit smaller than these when it’s done, but totally your choice.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker I highly recommend getting one.
One of my favorite parts of this 7 in 1 multi cooker pressure cooker is that you can brown your meat right in it. Then add everything else on top, snap the lid on and let it cook.
Before I had to dirty a pan on the stovetop to do this part, makes it so much easier!
Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Spicy ground Italian sausage – or ground beef
- Diced tomatoes
- Chicken or beef broth
- Noodles – uncooked, can use any style you like, these work great
- Mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti sauce – marinara sauce or three cheese is great
- Chicken broth or beef broth
- Italian seasoning – optional
How to make crockpot lasagna soup
- If you want to make slow cooker lasagna soup just pre cook your meat first.
- Then add all ingredients other than noodles and cheeses and cook on low all day (6 hrs or so).
- About 30 minutes before you’re going to eat put your noodles in.
- Submerge them into the liquid.
- Put crockpot on high
- Keep in longer if you want noodles more tender.
- Top with cheeses and serve!
I’ve used larger noodles you see here but prefer smaller ones like you see above.
You can use any brand too.
If you want to make Crock Pot Express lasagna soup use the directions below too.
Ninja Foodi lasagna soup
- No problem. Use the pressure cooker function with a quick release. Then at the end you could use air crisp mode with some extra cheese on top!
- All Instant Pot recipes are interchangeable no matter what brand you have.
Lazy Lasagna Soup
Why do we love both of these deconstructed lasagna recipes over the old fashioned way?
- It’s much easier to eat, especially for little kids.
- Using smaller noodles makes it much easier to make vs. trying to maneuver hot long noodles into a pan.
It is safer to make since there is NO boiling required. You just throw the uncooked noodles right in. Close your lid and they’ll be nice and tender in just 3 minutes.
- Serving this is a snap too. Just use a ladle and serve into bowls with some cheeses on top. Let’s be honest, a slice of lasagna never looks very pretty.
- Instant Pot chili has only 5 ingredients, is healthy and low carb
- Creamy Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup uses fresh vegetables
- 17 minute homemade Instant Pot split pea soup is great when it’s chilly outside
Instant Pot lasagna casserole is great to try next after this. It has similar ingredients but is thicker and a bit heartier as you see here.
How many calories are in lasagna soup?
Of course it depends on your serving size but the nutritional information is below. If you alter the ingredients of course that will change a bit.
I think personally when it comes to lasagna anything, I just dig in. If you are comparing the traditional method to this, soup will always have fewer calories overall with the increase of liquid.
Can you freeze lasagna soup?
- If you do in fact have leftovers it is best to just store them in the fridge.
- Put what’s left in an airtight container and it will still be good for 2-3 days in there.
To reheat put in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments stirring in between.
How many calories in lasagna soup?
Well we do include nutritional information in the printable recipe card below however they will vary. Depending on the style of sauce and cheese you use there will be slight differences.
- Yes you can use low fat ricotta and mozzarella cheeses if you choose to. Do I? NO. I feel like there is less processing in the “regular” versions and they have a lot more flavor. All in moderation I say.
Can you use lean ground beef vs. ground sausage like I have listed below? Sure, I just tell you what I’ve used that came out the BEST out of all of the batches.
- I will say loudly that spicy ground sausage, like Jimmy Dean brand, is the BEST. There is tons of flavor right inside the meat so you could literally not add any other seasonings.
It will still be packed with a ton of flavor because of this meat selection.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you too love lasagna, follow our quick lasagna soup recipe below. Let us know what you and your family think!
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Set Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil, ground sausage or beef and diced onions. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Turn OFF/Cancel button.
Scrape bottom with wooden spatula to deglaze pot.
- Add ingredients
Pour in all other ingredients except ricotta and mozzarella (those are used for toppings).
Press manual, pressure, high for 3 minutes. Do a quick release and remove lid. Done!!
Top with small spoonful of ricotta and a pinch of mozzarella cheese on top.
If you add anything else that takes it over the top too let us know in the comments below. We love experimenting with recipes.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb spicy ground sausage ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 c diced tomatoes used canned
- 40 oz beef broth or chicken broth, less if you want it thicker
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 1.5 – 2 c noodles uncooked , could use bowtie or other type
- pinch salt
- pinch oregano
- 1 c mozzarella cheese for topping
- 1 c ricotta cheese could omit, it’s just as good without it
- Set Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil, ground sausage or beef and diced onions. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Turn OFF/Cancel button.
- Pour in all ingredients except noodles and cheeses. Stir. Pour noodles on the top and gently submerge into liquid.
- Press manual (if you have that button), pressure, high for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release and remove lid.
- Top with small spoonful of ricotta and a pinch of mozzarella cheese on top.