This cheesy crockpot lasagna casserole is packed with all the flavors of traditional lasagna but so much easier to make! No boiling the noodles required, just dump it all in your slow cooker and when you’re ready it’s the perfect dinner casserole your whole family will love for sure.
I love my slow cooker and Instant Pot! They just make my life easier and quicker in the kitchen and me the ability to work full time and still put a hot meal on the table for the 5 of us just about every night (ok we do have “do whatever Fridays” but you know what I mean). I have made a lot of things over the years but last night I decided to make what we are calling, crockpot lasagna casserole. It’s now one of our favorite pasta crockpot recipes. (originally published 6/17)
- We decided to name this crockpot lasagna casserole because it really does taste like traditional lasagna but SO much easier to make! Easier for kids to eat too because the noodles are bite size. You’ll get all the same flavors though. 😉
The only thing I didn’t include was the ricotta cheese but you could easily add a spoonful when you add in the mozzarella and it would be great that way too!
Crockpot goulash you might want to call it too but not as soupy as that so casserole fits the bill better in my eyes.
Any way you call it we all loved it and it literally cost under $10 to make and feed all of us PLUS there was enough for me to eat the next day for lunch, bonus!!
This is what you’ll need to make this easy crockpot lasagna casserole recipe
- I like my large 8 qt. crockpot for this one so it has lots of room to bubble up
- You can use any small noodles but we like these the best
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I usually use this one)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (yes, it works great)
- Ground beef (can omit but adds a great taste)
- Diced tomatoes (I like the petite version)
If you like a wetter consistency just add more spaghetti sauce to this lasagna casserole. It is very versatile depending on your preference.
Here’s a video showing you how we make our easy crockpot lasagna casserole!
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes?
If you are looking for other other easy slow cooker pasta recipes we have a few more you should try.
- If you’d like to make a lasagna casserole in the oven you can do that too.
- If you’re in a hurry make our pressure cooker lasagna casserole recipe (seen above)
Crockpot Lasagna Casserole
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground beef (could use sausage instead)
- 12 oz noodles (shell or bow tie noodles)
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce (32 oz if you want it soupier and more like goulash)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c ricotta cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef and diced onion in a pan, then add to your crockpot.
- Pour can of spaghetti sauce and can of diced tomatoes on top of meat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on top, stir well.
- Set crockpot to high and cook for 3 hours, or low and cook for 5-6 hours.
- Lift lid when done cooking and add your uncooked noodles and 1 cup of cheese, (and ricotta if you choose to add it) stir well.
- Sprinkle other 1/2 c. of cheese on top and put lid back on.
- Set to high for 30 minutes.
You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉