Yes we’re back with a bunch of easy cheap crockpot meals your family will love!! I have used my slow cooker ever since I went out to live on my own. Since then I have continued to create simple crockpot recipes to share with all of you. 😉 (originally published 9/19, affiliate links present)
Cheap Crockpot Recipes
Let’s start with this crockpot crack chicken that feeds a lot if you serve it on buns as sandwiches or sliders. A feel good meal we cook often especially when it is cool outside and we want comfort food.
Cheap and delicious don’t always go together but you can find a ton that do. I would never share anything that myself, my husband and kids didn’t give it a resounding thumbs up.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Dump and Go Slow Cooker Recipes
If you make a large pot of white rice with some well seasoned ground beef, people can dress it up beyond that if they want. Ground beef and rice is always a favorite at our house, as well as red beans and rice.
We have a LONG list for you here! From stuffed potatoes, to casseroles, and lots of pasta dishes you’re surely find a few you’ll love. All of ours are under $20 to feed at least 6 people which is a win in my book.
Want to know what to cook for under $20? We have a ton of suggestions and all of these can be tweaked to add what you have on hand at the time.
Let’s face it. We are all super busy moms who rely on simple crockpot recipes to get us through the day.
There is nothing worse than being totally exhausted after a day of work, everyone is home and starving, and you haven’t done a thing to prep.
Yes I do have a ton of Instant Pot recipes too, but sometimes I’m all about my slow cooker.
Easy cheap crockpot meals
- We love this crockpot pizza recipe. The kids really get a kick out of it and help me make it every time.
- Our easy crockpot lasagna recipe is deconstructed and there’s NO need to boil noodles.
- Slow cooker cheesy potatoes can be packed with leftover ham to make a cheap crockpot recipe.
What is a good meal to feed a large crowd?
The one you see above is great for Christmas brunch or a gathering like a baby shower or Mother’s Day event.
On to a few other cheesy and creamy dinner favorite meals. Potatoes can be so versatile as a meal, breakfast or for Christmas brunch too.
Remember that soup with a side of easy rolls is a complete meal, we eat this year round.
- Slow cooker creamy tomato soup
- Holiday Crockpot ham recipe
- These slow cooker scalloped potatoes are great
- Healthy butter chicken recipe is a new one I bet you haven’t tried
- Simple Crockpot chicken noodle soup
- We love our crockpot lasagna recipe, and crockpot lasagna casserole, especially the kids!
Pasta is always inexpensive and you can usually find a variety at your local Dollar Store. I have often found jars of spaghetti sauce too, and if they have a fresh section there’s usually cheese there too.
Cheap Crockpot Meals for a Week
Easy Crockpot Meals
Looking for some pork for dinner, we have a few goodies to try. Ground beef is always a cheap easy crockpot meal and protein source. You can add it into all sorts of slow cooker casserole recipes or just make tacos.
We have a ton to choose from below. They’re sure to please your kids, and you!
- Loaded baked potato soup is packed with goodness including bacon and sour cream
- Hearty Crockpot pork chops with apples is a great dinner option
- If you loved slow cooker pulled pork this one with barbecue sauce is yummy
- If you love crockpot hamburger recipes we have a BUNCH using ground beef here
- Our Crockpot chili mac is great
- Crockpot spaghetti and meatballs is usually on the menu every week with NO boiling required
OR cook noodles separately and make frozen meatballs in Crockpot. They come out so incredibly tender and flavorful.
Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes
I would say this is probably the easiest and most pleasing amongst kids and adults. I will say that I make our Instant Pot spaghetti more often just because it is so fast. If I want to make a larger batch though, the slow cooker is a great way to go.
Never made anything with dry beans before? It is so simple using your slow cooker. Start with our split pea soup below and move on from there. Homemade has never been easier.
- Healthy Crockpot split pea soup can be made in big batches using dry peas
- Crockpot chicken cacciatore uses fresh chicken breasts
- Our crockpot cheesy chicken and rice has been a hit!
If you’re looking to cook something with your leftover ham, or dry beans in your pantry try our Crockpot black eyed peas. This is literally what to cook for under $10 that feeds 6 easily if you have the meat already and it needs to be used.
Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals
We have also made a big batch of Crockpot baked beans especially during the summertime when it’s bbq season. The perfect cheap side dish for a large crowd or party for sure.
- Slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches or little sliders and bbq Crockpot little smokies are so yummy as an appetizer or meal, and is usually enough for 2 meals
- Our Crockpot chicken casserole is easy and a classic from your childhood.
- Easy slow cooker cube steak is great with mashed potatoes
- This crockpot lemon pepper chicken is healthy and has a ton of flavor.
Serve this with a side of mashed potatoes and you have a complete meal. Even my youngest goes crazy for this one so if I remember to buy a few lemons I opt for this since it’s such a winner for everyone.
Crockpot Meals under $10 Dollars
Now if it is comfort food you are looking for I would try a few Crockpot casserole recipes below!! All cooked in one pot including the rice and/or noodles is why I love them. Of course I always load mine up with cheese but that part is up to you.
- Hearty crockpot hamburger casserole
- This hearty Crock pot vegetable beef soup is healthy easy meal slow cooked all day
- Salsa chicken crockpot recipe is great and can used cooked chicken if you want
- Slow cooker pizza casserole is loved by the kiddos.
- Low carb Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are great as lettuce wraps
- Our easy crockpot ribs fall off the bone and is one of our favorite slow cooker recipes ever
If you’re looking for a low carb and/or keto friendly Crockpot recipe you can alter the sauce you use and make this with lemon lime soda instead of juice. After you try this method you’ll never go back to any other.
Budget Friendly Crockpot Meals
Now on to a few crockpot side dishes you might love with dinner.
- Crockpot baked potatoes are so versatile I tell you. Yes they can be an easy and cheap side dish, but you can stuff them as a main dish like:
- 5 ingredient Crockpot chili
- Salsa and a sprinkle of salt
- Making slow cooker black beans has never been easier.
- With tons of flavor you can have it as a side as well as an add in to burritos.
- If you’ve never cooked a butternut squash in your crock, it’s easier than you think.
Now on to some slow cooker desserts like our Crockpot apple dump cake.
Have you ever tried “baking” in your pot?? I will say it doesn’t come out like it would in your oven for sure as it doesn’t rise much. With that said, dump cakes turn out quite well since that isn’t what they typically do anyway.
- You can also cook individual Crockpot cake in ramekins that are fun to make and serve to guests. Kids love making these too.
- For over the top chocolate cherry cake try this recipe for Crockpot lava cake. I would spray your pot first before cooking it because it’s ooey gooey and sticky when it’s done. 😉
What is your favorite slow cooker dinner?
Do we need to add another to our list of cheap crockpot meals?
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉