You’ve got to try this easy crockpot ribs recipe for fall off the bone juicy ribs! If you’ve never made beef or pork ribs in your slow cooker they taste amazing with no effort on your part. A little time in the oven with this dry rub makes them one of our favorite dinners.
Ok…..I know I’m not the only one who is super busy! I’m always looking for a good kitchen “hack” that makes my life easier AND creates a meal that everyone loves, let me share our recipe for easy crockpot ribs with you! With a schedule like mine (and probably yours too) I love finding and sharing great kitchen “hacks”! A special thanks goes out to Fresh & Easy for sponsoring this post. Here’s how you make one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 10/14)
I stopped by Fresh & Easy to grab the 2 necessary ingredients to make these easy Crockpot Ribs!
We buy the juice you see here often because it’s super yummy and free of artificial colors and flavors, as well as an apple cider version you can find in the refrigerated section too. Both are good and work quite well for this recipe.
The cider style leaves more of an applewood flavor to the ribs. Either way though you can’t go wrong.
So as you may have figured out, the key to this quick and easy meal is the apple juice. Simple kitchen “hack” right??!!!
- The first thing you’ll want to do is remove membrane from ribs so they’re as tender as possible.
- In the morning, just throw the ribs in your crockpot (I use the largest one I have, the 8.5 quart you can find here is the best – (affiliate link)
- Then I pour apple juice or apple cider on top so that they are fully submerged.
- Turn your crockpot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
This meal is a perfect kitchen “hack” if you work all day, the majority of the “cooking” is done while you’re away!
- When you get home you’ll immediately smell the goodness!!
- Just turn your crockpot off, and carefully place the racks of ribs on a cookie sheet (use tongs and grip as many as possible at a time because they will immediately fall apart as you move them…..yummmmm).
- I put them in the oven for just about 20 min. at 300, or under your broiler for 3-5 minutes until they’re the desired crispness for you!
Enjoy!! I threw the bag of green beans in the microwave as our veggie (totally the way to go as they have already snipped the ends off and prepared them….all you do is pop them in and cook for 4 minutes) and you can top the ribs off with BBQ sauce if you want.
What you need to make these easy crockpot ribs
- Rack of ribs – we prefer pork
- Apple juice or apple cider
- Brown sugar
- Garlic salt
If you are in a hurry you can also try our tender Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe here, both are just amazing.
I have a few other easy crockpot recipes as well once you’ve enjoyed our ribs:
- Slow cooker Korean beef
- Braised short ribs are amazing too
- Crockpot ham recipe
- Chicken soup in the crockpot
Easy Crockpot Ribs
- Put rack of ribs in large slow cooker. (we remove the membrane first to make them even more tender but that is up to you)
- Add enough apple juice so the ribs are as submerged as possible. Put on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Carefully take out (they will be ready to fall apart) and lay on cookie sheet. Put in oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes or until it turns lightly crisp/browned on top of ribs.
- *** If you choose to make our dry rub above combine your brown sugar, salt and garlic salt in a bowl and spread evenly on top of your ribs, pat down....then put them in the oven or under your broiler for 3-5 minutes to crisp up.
Easy Peasy and so Fresh & Easy. 😉 Tell me your secrets…….come on, you know you have a kitchen “hack” too. Please share below, this busy Mama wants to know!
For more recipes like these easy crockpot ribs, and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!