This Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe is sweet and spicy all rolled into one. Fall off the bone pressure cooker ribs done in 25 minutes and just amazing! If you love beef or pork ribs but don’t have all day to make them perfect use this method, you’ll never make ribs another way again.
Ok so I am a sucker for two things at dinnertime, ribs and anything teriyaki! Combining the two for this easy Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe is just heaven I tell you! Fall off the bone tender pork ribs with a sweet and spicy teriyaki sauce that you can make right at home with just a few ingredients (way better than the bottled stuff). Here is just how easy they are to make…you’ll never wait all day for them to cook in the oven or barbecue anymore. Definitely on the top of our list of favorite Instant Pot recipes now. (originally published 9/17)
Do you have one of these fancy pressure cookers yet?? Don’t be intimidated.
Yes I too left it in the box for a few months after I grabbed this Instant Pot online. I wasn’t sure what to do with it, but now it is so easy to sue!
Don’t this Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe just look amazing!
I’ve made easy crockpot ribs for years and yes they are great but they take all day…..
This way everything is made so quickly and turns out amazingly well. I first started experimenting with teriyaki recipes when I made these Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs. They were such a hit I used that homemade teriyaki sauce in other things and tweaked it for different dishes like these ribs.
Here are a few things you may not have in your cupboards that you’ll need to make this Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe:
This is how to remove membrane from ribs so they’re as tender as possible.
I cut my rack of ribs into smaller pieces to fit into my 6 qt. Instant Pot. I wanted to soak up as much sauce as possible (if you have a larger one you may not need to cut them).
What I did is cut the rack into pcs with 3 ribs on each piece and put them on the bottom trying not to overlap them.
Then I poured the teriyaki sauce I made over the top so they are mostly submerged. If you are doubling the amt. of ribs in this recipe I might make 1.5x the teriyaki sauce so that there is enough liquid for the meat to essentially boil in the juices.
How to crisp your ribs:
- Follow directions below
- When done put on a baking sheet
- Put under the broiler for 4-5 minutes or until crispy on top for your liking
- If you are making Ninja Foodi ribs
- place ribs with meat facing up into air fryer basket
- pour liquid from pot into a bowl
- close your air fryer lid and set to 390 degrees for about 4 minutes or until they are as crispy as you’d like them
I’m telling you. These Instant Pot ribs are amazing…..
Instant Pot Teriyaki Ribs Recipe
- 1 rack pork baby back ribs 1.8 lbs. is what I used
- 1/2 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or more if you want it spicier, this makes it mild/med.
- 1/3 c hoisin sauce
- Mix all sauce ingredients together well.
- If you have a 6 qt. pot cut rack of ribs into pcs. of 3 ribs each piece and place at bottom of Instant Pot or pressure cooker vertically so meat it not laying right on the bottom of the pot. If you have a larger pot you can just wrap in a circle with meat facing sides in one piece.
- Pour teriyaki sauce on top.
- Close lid, and steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 25 minutes. (if doubling this recipe I would set to 40 minutes for really fall off the bone ribs)
- Do a natural release for at least 10 minutes.
- If you want a bit of crispy texture on outside put under your broiler for about 4-5 minutes to crisp the outside of the ribs.
- Pour some sauce from inside your Instant Pot on the ribs and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉