Ninja Foodi ribs recipe we love is here! Fall off the bone tender ribs with a crispy barbecue glaze outside using both the pressure cooker and air fryer!
Have you tried making Ninja Foodi ribs yet??!! They’re really easy and so tender they’ll melt in your mouth. Using both functions in this multi cooker appliance you can get the tender meat you want plus a crispy outside everyone loves. Find more Ninja Foodi recipes here you’ll love too on The Typical Mom. (affiliate links present)
Whether you’re new to using your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer, or an expert you’ll love this Ninja Foodi ribs recipe.
We will show you the biggest TRICK to making your ribs fall off the bone every single time! If you need directions for pressure cooker short ribs, we have that too here.
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. 😉
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
- The first thing you MUST to do when making ribs in a Ninja Foodi is to remove the rib membrane.
This thin layer is tough and inedible. If you do not remove it your ribs will not be able to fully release from one another and create that ultra tender taste you’re looking for.
That is why we created a post above all about how to get rid of it. Taking this extra step that only takes 5-10 minutes will make a world of difference and change the way you make ribs forever more.
- Then you’ll want to place your rack of ribs into your pressure cooker as you see here. You do not want to set them down with the meat flat on the bottom, they will burn and cook unevenly.
Why do ribs taste so good cooked in the Ninja Foodi?
- Pressure cooking the ribs in this first step softens the meat and makes them REALLY tender!
- You’ll use the pressure lid for this step. It is the one that isn’t attached.
- Using the air crisp mode at the end crisps up the outside. Just like you’d get them at a restaurant.
- For this step the crisping lid will be used. The one that is attached to the machine.
- Adding more bbq sauce during this step creates a thick layer of OH MY goodness yumminess you’ll love.
What Ninja Foodi accessories do you need to make this?
- You only need the rack that comes with your machine for this.
- Flip it upside down (seen here) so the lid can close during the air fryer process.
- If you need an air fryer rack this is the best one to buy.
Of course you can skip the last step if you want and not crisp the top at all, but we like it. You just want to keep it off the bottom so the hot air can circulate around the meat and not just the top.
You can see what ours looked like here once the pressure cooking process was done and it was ready for air crisp.
How long does it take to to make air fryer ribs at the end?
- Timing will depend on how crisp you want them.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees.
- Then set time for 10 minutes and check after 8 to see if you want them in longer.
- Ours took 10 minutes to look like this.
- I cut our rack of ribs into 3 equal pieces and overlapped the top piece.
- If you want them as crispy as possible I wouldn’t overlap them and air crisp them in 2 batches.
Things you’ll need to make our tender Ninja Foodi ribs
- Barbecue sauce –this is our favorite
- You could substitute Frank Red Hot sauce but beware, that would be over the top hot
- Rack of ribs – ours were 3.5 lbs.
- We have the 6 qt. pot, you could probably fit more in the 8 qt.
- Apple cider – or apple juice
- This helps break down the meat to tenderize too vs. using water
Other Ninja Foodi recipes you’ll love after you try these!
- Our pressure cooker corn dog bites make a perfect snack or lunch!
- This is how to make Ninja Foodi chili or go on to make cheesy chili mac.
- For dessert you can try our sticky air fryer cinnamon rolls. They’re to die for!!
- You can also make pressure cooker frozen chicken wings and crisp those after in the Foodi!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Ribs
- Remove membrane from ribs (instructions above in post) for very tender ribs. Then place inside your Ninja Foodi with the meat side facing the sides of the pot, wrapped around. See photo above in post.
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce on ribs and into pot. Then add apple cider. Make sure ribs have bbq sauce on them, can spoon over.
- Close pressure cooker lid, one that isn’t attached, and close steam valve.
- Turn pot on, then press pressure button. Set to high for 30 minutes (timing is good for 3-4 lbs of ribs to completely fall off the bone). Allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes at end, then release remaining steam.
- If you want to make outside cripsy then gently cut rack of ribs into 3-4 equal pieces.
- Gently lift out and on to a plate (they will want to completely fall apart so handle with care).
- Pour sauce from pot into a bowl and rinse out inner pot if desired. (you can leave as is but sauce will get more stuck on during the air frying process if you don’t wash off now)
- Place rack into pot upside down so rack is lower to the bottom and ribs will fit with lid closed.
- If you want really crispy ribs only place 2 pieces of ribs in at a time on to rack. Pour a bit of sauce from pot, or more bbq sauce from another jar on top of each piece and close air fryer lid (lid that is attached).
- Set to air crisp, 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Check and if you want them crispier then add a few more minutes. Remove and add other racks the same way to crisp outside.