We’ve got lots of Instant Pot sausage recipes for you to enjoy with ground sausage as well as sausage links mild or spicy. Breakfast and dinner are covered in no time at all when you use your pressure cooker.
Looking for easy Instant Pot sausage recipes for dinners throughout the week? We have a bunch of Instant Pot recipe comfort food dishes to choose from here on The Typical Mom blog. (originally published 1/18, participant in the amazon program, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Recipes
We will share ideas for kielbasa style sausage links, as well as ground in a roll. Both spicy and mild there are TONS of possibilities for making a casserole with it, or adding peppers for a low carb meal. I mean anything using ground sausage could also use ground beef alternatively, or half and half.
You can use any brand of cooker you might have on your countertop too. If you have a Crockpot Express, go for it. A mealthy works, and we love easy Ninja Foodi recipes too. They all work the same, the latter just has the air crisp option as well.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Sausage Recipes
I have a hard time not pressure cooking because it makes my life so much easier and reduces cooking time to next to nothing. It is kinda’ hard remembering what it was like to not have a multi cooker pressure cooker on hand really.
- I really see ground sausage as a great alternative to ground beef recipes in every respect. Of course pork typically has a higher fat content but that also means more flavor.
- Jimmy Dean spicy is probably my favorite amongst them all. Many times I will use half of this roll mixed with regular so it is the perfect amount of heat. Period.
We prefer spicy sausage over anything else. It lends a ton of flavor which means I don’t have to add any additional spices.
Sausage Instant Pot recipes
- Pressure Cooker sausage and peppers is so good and super cheap to make!
Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers can use ground sausage or beef, either is great. My family loved this one. Here are a few questions you might have in mind before you get going:
We share in our Instant Pot brats recipe how to cook frozen or fresh perfectly. There isn’t a big difference in cook time really. Just a few minutes to the best meal ever.
I typically use sliced precooked links for most of these Instant Pot sausage recipes. You can cook from raw as well by steaming inside a vegetable steamer basket too. Air fryer sausage is amazing too.
You can now if you purchase a CrispLid but it isn’t as good as a “regular” electric air fryer <—–my favorite – in my opinion.
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is killer with ground sausage.
Our pressure cooker jambalaya is made with sausage links! If you like spicy Southern style then I would use andouille. Kielbasa is great for a lot of flavor but no heat though too.
Instant Pot Sausage Recipes Healthy
Instant Pot breakfast casserole – 4 different ways to make this and each way could use sausage.
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni – this one is honestly better with ground sausage because it adds a ton of flavor vs. beef.
- For another version similar to this, try Instant Pot cheeseburger soup no potatoes needed.
- Add ground sausage to our Instant Pot red beans and rice – easy and you can customize it to your spice level.
Using spicy ground sausage, I’d suggest trying our easy Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup sometime.
- Bet this Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole is new to you – favorite amongst all of us.
- Our Instant Pot sausage and cabbage with noodles is so yummy.
Instant Pot Sausage Pasta
- Classic Pressure cooker cabbage soup has a ton of flavor using spicy sausage.Yes you can make it on the stove top but this is much faster.
- Pressure cooker sausage soup is another favorite with spicy ground sausage.
Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole – how could you go wrong…
- We loved this Instant Pot enchilada casserole that was created from pantry ingredients and a ground spicy roll I had in the fridge.
OH MY you’ve gotta’ try this Pressure Cooker sausage casserole. Amazing with mild or spicy sausage and beef or chicken broth with rice.
Can you cook frozen breakfast sausage in Instant Pot
You can. I would use the timing and instructions for how to cook frozen ground beef first. Then turn to saute and cook as you follow whatever dish you want to make. It is quite easy to defrost or thaw it out initially so it can be cooked to a safe internal temperature.
- Cheesy Instant Pot goulash – make regular goulash or add the creaminess for heaven.
- Simple and cheap Instant Pot spaghetti – I use ground sausage to make this all the time because it adds so much flavor
Then comes this cheesy pot of goodness here. Instant Pot sausage and rice is just amazing.
Use spicy ground for this and don’t count the calories with each bite. 😉
That’s the thing with ground sausage. You can use it in place of ground beef in almost every recipe that calls for it and it brings the flavors to a new level.
There are SO many seasonings inside that you don’t need much else.
- Use ground sausage in our Instant Pot chili mac. A childhood fave for most people you just need a few cans of this and that to make.
Ground Sausage in Instant Pot
Unstuffed Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole – same great flavors but way easier to make than the traditional method.
- Instant Pot lasagna soup is a great year round meal that is a game changer for us. Never again will I mess with messy floppy noodles that I have to boil ahead of time.
One pot meals with noodles, protein and cheese all mixed together is where it’s at y’all! Kids love it because it is WAY easier to eat than the traditional version and it saves me tons of time.
- Love our Pressure Cooker breakfast bundt cake. This comes out SO pretty and we’ve had it for dinner as well.
Sausage is great for just about any meal, including breakfast like you see here above! I have made this breakfast bundt cake with spicy ground sausage as well as ham and I’d say the sausage won!
- Creamy Instant Pot creamy sausage soup is a great one. I have made this Crockpot tortellini soup before but this version is much quicker.
- Pressure Cooker Italian sausage and white beans
- Have you tried Instant Pot bangers and mash yet? It’s great because you can cook the potatoes and brats all together in one pot.
Instant Pot sausage breakfast
The recipe for this dish is below! You can see the end result here but ingredient list and instructions are in the recipe box below.
Instant Pot sausage casserole
- 1.5 qt. casserole dish – oven safe
- Small loaf of sourdough bread
- Bell peppers
- Sausage links
Just throw it all together in your pan, in on high pressure. Instead of a quick release allow steam to release naturally for best results.
Instant Pot sausage recipe
- Instant Pot sausage white beans
- Pressure Cooker black bean and sausage chili
- Try using chicken too with this Instant Pot sausage chicken jambalaya
- Atop biscuits use this Instant Pot sausage gravy
- Love this Pressure cooker crustless meat lovers quiche
Printable instructions for this easy recipe is below.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Sausage Recipes
- Spray inside of casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Cube your sourdough bread loaf and put inside your dish on bottom, up to about 3/4 of the way full inside your dish.
- Sprinkle your cajun sausage pcs., green peppers, and jalapenos on your bread pcs., then sprinkle your cheese on top of all of that.
- In a bowl beat your eggs, add your milk, and seasonings and pour over bread mixture.
- Cover your casserole dish with foil.
- Add 1.5 c of water into your Instant Pot and set trivet in the bottom.
- Make a sling out of foil and lower your dish on to your trivet.
- Close lid and steam valve and set on pressure high for 20 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release steam for 20 minutes, then lift out and allow to cool a bit so it will firm up and you can slice and lift out pieces cleanly. Enjoy