This Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole is so flavorful and simple to make! Like deconstructed stuffed peppers in your pressure cooker but way easier!
Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole comes out amazingly well as you see. It is definitely one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes now and you should definitely give it a whirl this week. Sponsored by HemisFares™ at Kroger. (originally published 11/17, affiliate links present)
So we love stuffed peppers here at the house…yes even my kids. They are a little labor intensive since you need to blanch peppers, stuff them, precook the rice etc..
I thought I’d make a deconstructed version as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe the other day. It came out great!! All the wonderful flavors you love in one pot and no precooking or boiling required to make this easy
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
If you’ve never had stuffed peppers may I say I hadn’t either before I married my husband.
- It is something he remembered his grandma making so he taught me this easy stuffed green peppers recipe she used and I made them as often as I had time.
I knew there was a much easier way to get the same flavors, but a lot less tedious prep time. This is how to do it for sure.
Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started. Believe me, you won’t be disappointed. Yes it will look different from your childhood but is a game changer because it tastes the same!
Great question. If you love batch cooking and found them on sale so you bought a BUNCH this is a great way to use them. Since the texture changes a bit when they defrost it won’t matter since they’re diced.
1 usually when diced will fill a measuring cup full. For stuffed pepper casserole it doesn’t have to be exact. Use a bit less or more depending on your taste buds. They add great texture to the dish for sure though.
Nope, I never do with any Instant Pot casserole I make. Just sprinkle on top, submerge into the liquid but do NOT stir or it may trigger the burn message.
Here’s what it looks like, yummy right??!! The kids love it!
Instant Pot bell pepper casserole
Too many steps can make me just not want to make something when I barely have an hour at home to cook.
I wasn’t sure exactly how this one was going to turn out but the rice was cooked perfectly the first time around.
This deconstructed stuffed pepper recipe is packed with flavor!
When adding additional seasonings I do so gently because we love the flavors as is and the HemisFares pasta sauce itself. Of course you can amp it up with more by adding a bit more chili powder if you like a little heat. 😉
That part is totally up to you……
One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – I have this basic 6 qt version
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
- White rice – we like Jasmine rice
- Bell peppers (we like a few colors)
Ground beef – you could use ground sausage too – This is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to thaw it out the night before. 😉
We have made air fryer ground beef for prep before too.
- Mozzarella cheese (optional but a definite must for us here)
- Jar of spaghetti sauce
- Can of petite diced tomatoes
- Beef broth or water but broth is so much tastier
- I’d season with salt and pepper at the end
- Adding cheese on top at the end is a must for us too
Pressure Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole
If you want a looser consistency you can also try our Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup which is equally amazing.
Here is a quick step by step of how I made this. I would recommend watching the video I made in this post before starting. It will give you a good idea of exactly what I did.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Add olive oil. Set your Instant Pot to saute, normal or low and start to brown your ground beef.
When it is still slightly pink add in diced bell peppers and onion and continue to cook together so onions/peppers soften and beef is browned. Turn Instant Pot off to avoid burn notice.
- Add ingredients
Leave ground beef on bottom of pot. Pour in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, chiles, uncooked rice, and either water or vegetable broth on top (broth is better). DO NOT STIR!
Close the lid on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, close steam valve, and set to manual, pressure cook, low for 10 minutes cook time. (if you don’t have the ability to put it on low set for 7 minutes on high)
Allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes, then let out rest.
Stir and serve topped with mozzarella cheese.
Below is a printable version of this unstuffed pepper recipe. Throw it into your recipe box or just come back and see us every time you want to make it.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can chiles diced, 4 oz.
- 2 c HemisFares spaghetti sauce
- 1 c diced tomatoes I prefer petite version, canned
- 1 1/2 c white rice uncooked
- 2 c beef broth or water, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or more
- 1 tsp seasoned salt or more, to taste
- 1 c mozzarella or parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Add olive oil. Set your Instant Pot to saute, normal or low and start to brown your ground beef. When it is still slightly pink add in diced bell peppers and onion and continue to cook together so onions/peppers soften and beef is browned.
- Turn Instant Pot off.
- Leave ground beef on bottom of pot. Pour in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, chiles, uncooked rice, and either water or vegetable broth on top (broth is better). DO NOT STIR!
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, close steam valve, and set to manual, pressure, low for 10 minutes. (if you don’t have the ability to put it on low set for 7 minutes on high)
- Allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes, then let out rest.
- Stir and serve topped with mozzarella cheese.