This Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole is so flavorful and simple to make! Like deconstructed stuffed peppers in your pressure cooker but way easier!
So we love stuffed peppers here at the house…yes even my kids. They are a little labor intensive since you need to blanch the peppers, stuff them, precook the rice etc….so I thought I’d make a deconstructed version. It came out great!! All the wonderful flavors you love in one pot and no precooking or boiling required to make this easy Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole you see. It is definitely one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes now. This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own. (originally published 11/17)
If you’ve never had stuffed peppers may I say I hadn’t either before I married my husband.
- It is something he remembered his grandma making so he taught me this easy stuffed green peppers recipe she used and I made them as often as I had time.
This is a great twist on our favorite stuffed pepper recipe that is so much easier!
Here’s what it looks like, yummy right??!!
The kids love it!
As you know I like easy, and that is where this Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole comes in. Too many steps can make me just not want to make it when I barely have an hour at home to cook before taking off again to some activity.
I wasn’t sure exactly how this one was going to turn out but as luck would have it the first time I made it the rice was cooked perfectly and the taste was spot on!
This recipe is packed with flavor!
When adding additional seasonings I do so gently because we love the flavors as is and the HemisFares pasta sauce contains wonderful flavors, but of course you can amp it up with more by adding a bit more chili powder if you like a little heat. 😉
That part is totally up to you……
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy deconstructed Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – I have this basic 6 qt version
- White rice – we like Jasmine rice
- Bell peppers (we like a few colors)
- Ground beef – you could use ground sausage too – this is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to thaw it out the night before. 😉
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Jar of HemisFares™ Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine pasta sauce
- Diced tomatoes
Here’s a video showing you how we make it at home:
Here is a printable recipe for your records:
Once you’ve tried this you can give our Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers a whirl!!
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can chiles diced, 4 oz.
- 2 c HemisFares spaghetti sauce
- 1 c diced tomatoes I prefer petite version, canned
- 1 1/2 c white rice uncooked
- 2 c water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or more
- 1 tsp seasoned salt or more, to taste
- 1 c mozzarella or parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Add olive oil. Set your Instant Pot to saute, normal or low and start to brown your ground beef. When it is still slightly pink add in diced bell peppers and onion and continue to cook together so onions/peppers soften and beef is browned.
- Turn Instant Pot off.
- Leave ground beef on bottom of pot. Pour in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, chiles, uncooked rice, and either water or vegetable broth on top (broth is better). DO NOT STIR!
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, close steam valve, and set to manual, pressure, low for 10 minutes.
- Do a slow release on your steam valve (move just slightly so steam comes out slowly).
- Stir and serve topped with mozzarella cheese.
Believe me this may become your very favorite pressure cooker dinner!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉