This Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole is so flavorful and simple to make! Like deconstructed stuffed peppers in your pressure cooker but way easier!
So we love stuffed peppers here at the house…yes even my kids. They are a little labor intensive since you need to blanch the peppers, stuff them, precook the rice etc….so I thought I’d make a deconstructed version. It came out great!! All the wonderful flavors you love in one pot and no precooking or boiling required to make this easy Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole you see. It is definitely one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes now. This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own. (originally published 11/17, affiliate links present)
If you’ve never had stuffed peppers may I say I hadn’t either before I married my husband.
- It is something he remembered his grandma making so he taught me this easy stuffed green peppers recipe she used and I made them as often as I had time.
This Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole recipe is a great twist and easier to eat!
Here’s what it looks like, yummy right??!!
The kids love it!
As you know I like easy. That is where this Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole came about.
Too many steps can make me just not want to make something when I barely have an hour at home to cook.
I wasn’t sure exactly how this one was going to turn out but the rice was cooked perfectly the first time around.
This deconstructed stuffed pepper recipe is packed with flavor!
When adding additional seasonings I do so gently because we love the flavors as is and the HemisFares pasta sauce itself. Of course you can amp it up with more by adding a bit more chili powder if you like a little heat. 😉
That part is totally up to you……
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy deconstructed Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – I have this basic 6 qt version
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
- White rice – we like Jasmine rice
- I haven’t tried it with brown rice yet but believe others have
- Bell peppers (we like a few colors)
- Ground beef – you could use ground sausage too – this is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to thaw it out the night before. 😉
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Jar of spaghetti sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Beef broth
- I’d season with salt and pepper at the end
- Adding cheese on top at the end is a must for us too
Once you’ve tried these unstuffed peppers you can give our Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers a whirl!!
** Note: Cook time is in low pressure. If you have the Lux style IP you won’t be able to adjust your pressure cooking temp. to anything other than high pressure. So adjust time to 7 minutes vs. 10 minutes on low for best results. This is using white rice. I have not yet tested this using brown rice.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper CasseroleThis Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole is so flavorful and simple to make! Like deconstructed stuffed peppers in your pressure cooker but way easier!Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 20 minutesServings 8Calories 364kcal
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can chiles diced, 4 oz.
- 2 c HemisFares spaghetti sauce
- 1 c diced tomatoes I prefer petite version, canned
- 1 1/2 c white rice uncooked
- 2 c beef broth or water, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or more
- 1 tsp seasoned salt or more, to taste
- 1 c mozzarella or parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Nutrition FactsInstant Pot Stuffed Pepper CasseroleAmount Per Serving (8 oz)Calories 364 Calories from Fat 117% Daily Value*Fat 13g20%Saturated Fat 4g25%Cholesterol 42mg14%Sodium 1336mg58%Potassium 899mg26%Carbohydrates 41g14%Fiber 4g17%Sugar 9g10%Protein 19g38%Vitamin A 1820IU36%Vitamin C 53.4mg65%Calcium 193mg19%Iron 3.6mg20%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Add olive oil. Set your Instant Pot to saute, normal or low and start to brown your ground beef. When it is still slightly pink add in diced bell peppers and onion and continue to cook together so onions/peppers soften and beef is browned.
- Turn Instant Pot off.
- Leave ground beef on bottom of pot. Pour in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, chiles, uncooked rice, and either water or vegetable broth on top (broth is better). DO NOT STIR!
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, close steam valve, and set to manual, pressure, low for 10 minutes. (if you don't have the ability to put it on low set for 7 minutes on high)
- Allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes, then let out rest.
- Stir and serve topped with mozzarella cheese.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉