Easy Instant Pot beef recipes are here for you to try in your new pressure cooker! Looking for a protein packed dinner your family will love, it’s here!
I like to break down these electric pressure cooker recipes into categories and this Instant Pot beef recipes is just one. I have over 101+ easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog which will keep you busy for a while! (originally published 12/18, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Beef Recipes
You can use a Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express to make any of these too. It doesn’t matter what brand you picked up, all pressure cooker pots have the high pressure function. Almost all of these use that so you won’t have an issue.
Whether you’re looking for an easy Mississippi roast Instant Pot recipe, or just how to cook ground beef, we have it all! Get ready to do a lot of eating together at the dinner table y’all!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
We have a lot of different Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes to choose from. This time I wanted to take it a step further and create an Instant Pot beef recipes roundup as well.
- Grab this free Instant Pot cookbook and you’ll be set for the year!
- Then you can make all of the Instant Pot stew meat and beef tips recipes and things every single day.
I will say that I do not cook with beef a lot. I DO use ground beef quite a bit though, usually in my Instant Pot casseroles.
For different cuts of beef I refer to this Instant Pot cooking times printable which helps a lot to gauge how long each piece will take to cook.
Especially if I am creating a new recipe from scratch it’s super helpful. You can cook from frozen too though like our Instant Pot frozen tamales recipe.
- All you really need for any of these is a small bowl to whisk the sauce. Almost all use high pressure and for beef it’s suggested to do a natural release vs. quick release of steam.
So….here we go. We hope it helps you create yummy and simple pressure cooker beef recipes tonight!
How do you make beef tender in Instant Pot?
To begin with you’ll want to season the beef and bring it to room temperature.
- keep this in mind so you can take it out of the fridge 30 min. before cooking
- Set your pot to saute, add olive oil, and brown the beef on all sides so it is no longer pink.
- photo below shows you this step
Do you need to brown meat before pressure cooking?
- No, it is not a requirement. I do like doing it if I have time like in our Instant Pot tri tip but your meal won’t be ruined if you don’t.
- If you’re adding onions like I always do, add them in at this time.
- Remove contents, deglaze the pot, and place the beef and vegetables back in.
- Follow recipe times and pressure cook until the beef is fork tender.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Recipes
How long do you cook beef cubes in a pressure cooker?
That really depends on the recipe but it is a heck of a lot faster than in the oven I will tell you that much.
- First off you will need some sort of liquid for the cooking process. If not your pot will not reach pressure and cooking will cease.
- Wine, beer, broth or water can all be used.
- I prefer anything over water just because it adds so much more flavor to the overall dish.
- Dishes like our easy Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe with vegetables comes out tender smothered in sauce in just about 20 minutes.
When using tougher cuts like chuck roast like in our beef arm roast recipe it needs closer to 45 minutes to become fall apart delicious. Even thicker like our Instant Pot rump roast it can take a bit more than an hour, but so worth it.
If you need a dish to cook faster consider using stew meat instead of cheaper cuts that have more connective tissue that needs to be broken down.
What is the best thing to cook in an Instant Pot?
Well when we’re talking about beef, these are the most popular dishes:
- Pressure cooker shredded beef is the perfect dinner or potluck dish.
- French onion pressure cooker roast with beef is perfect shredded and made into tacos.
- Super Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage recipe is not just for St.Patrick’s Day and makes a great hash the next day with any leftovers.
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe can be made with beef or pork ribs.
Tender Pressure cooker beef and broccoli is a complete meal atop a bed of rice.
Beef Instant Pot Recipes
I personally prefer to use beef that has been cut instead of a very large piece that takes a long time to cook through.
Typically the outsides become more done than the middle and I like consistency.
Our Instant Pot beef and broccoli you see here is a great example of a classic original recipe in a quarter of the time. One of my faves.
If you have a large roast and want shredded beef then cut it into 4 or so equal pieces. We did this for our Instant Pot bbq beef and you can see how fork tender it got.
Instant Pot beef recipe
- It cuts down the overall cook time
- Beef cooked in a pressure cooker becomes extremely tender. Typically you don’t even have to brown the beef, you just throw it in.
- Cooking beef and a flavorful sauce together under pressure creates the most amazing flavor in your cut of beef.
Especially when it comes to Instant Pot short ribs, you really need those under high pressure.
- For large cuts of beef it takes a fraction of time to make shredded beef vs. using your slow cooker all day long.
This pressure cooker beef pot pie soup is pretty amazing too.
Can you overcook meat in a pressure cooker?
Yes, unfortunately you can and if you do there really is no way to go back!
Larger cuts of meat obviously needs a lengthy amount of time for the insides to become as tender at the outsides. For this reason I like to stick to bite size pieces and cook most everything in some sort of broth or sauce.
- As you’ll see with most of our Instant Pot beef roast recipes they’re usually cut into a few pieces to cut down on the cook time and make each bite ultra tender.
Then you can add your favorite sauce(s) or broth and it will become as tender as ever. Look at this Instant Pot Barbacoa beef as an example.
- You can even cook a frozen roast in an Instant Pot to perfection too.
- Just follow the recipe and remember that larger cuts need a natural release to maintain juiciness when served.
See here with our Instant Pot beef bourguignon recipe. Pure comfort food I tell you.
What is the tenderest cut of beef?
The tenderloin is, as its name explains, the most tender cut of beef. Those who don’t like marbling of a rib eye and strip loin will enjoy a tenderloin a lot more.
The top sirloin is a cut from the loin that offers good flavor in a thick cut.
- Keep in mind that the leaner, more tender cuts tend to be the most expensive.
- Cheaper cuts like chuck roast may need a longer time to get tender, but can be cut down if sliced into smaller pieces.
- Ensuring you naturally release the steam helps tenderize all cuts too.
Does quick release make meat tough?
Yes that seems to be the case, especially when it comes to cooking Instant Pot beef recipes. It seems the rapid change in temperature and pressure toughens the meat and draws away moisture you want.
Selecting a natural release of steam cools it down just a bit, and allows the moisture in the meat to remain inside vs. being drawn out and drying it out.
Pressure cooker beef recipes
- Our easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers
- Pressure cooker shredded beef enchiladas are a family fave.
- Flavorful Pressure cooker beef curry is something new to try sometime.
- Easy to throw together Pressure cooker Mexican shredded beef for tacos.
- This pressure cooker roast beef is great
InstaPot beef recipes
Pressure cooking really is where it’s at in 2019. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon I hope we’ve convinced you.
Yes Crock Pot recipes are great but really who has time for those in the morning. Let us know which one was your favorite and/or you’ve made one we should add to our list!
- Vietnamese Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Beef and Noodles
- Tasty Instant Pot Saucy Beef Brisket
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Roast
- Hearty Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Beef Instant Pot fajitas for the win in just 15 minutes
- Lunchtime Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich
- Instant Pot Italian Beef
- Super tender Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
This Instant Pot beef tips recipe rocks can use chuck roast or any cut really
- Find more Instant Pot steak recipes here, and how to cook potatoes and steak in an Instant Pot here!
More under 30 minute dinner ideas are on the way right now too!
- Paleo Instant Pot Beef Sirloin Tips
- Gluten-Free Easy Beef Stew
- You’ve gotta try this Instant Pot Red Wine Beef Stew
- Have you tried Instant Pot butter beef yet?? It’s a fun twist on butter chicken.
- Instant Pot Beef
- Our Instant Pot beef and rice is awesome.
- Then try this pressure cooker pepper steak
Pressure cooker mashed potatoes are usually a great side to any of these dishes.
For more super easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉