Pressure cooker roast beef is tender and full of flavor without ever having to turn on your oven! Sliced or shredded beef Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi style.
Do you love roast beef but wish you could make it quicker?? Now you can with this pressure cooker roast beef recipe using your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi machines. Now added to our list of 101+ Instant Pot recipes for you to try. A great recipe for the holidays or dinner year round. I’m telling you, this turns out great. (affiliate links present)
You can make this as a Ninja Foodi recipe if that is the brand you have. A great meal that is packed with protein.
We’ve also made an air fryer roast beef so it gets crispy on the outside, both are delicious. Let us know what you think.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- Do you use your pressure cooker on a daily basis like I do?? I literally don’t even remember the last time I used my oven to make dinner.
- Making French dip Instant Pot recipe is just such a game changer now.
How to cook beef chuck roast
There’s nothing like pressure cooking beef. It comes out fall apart tender.
- Here are the first steps……and they’re pretty darn easy I tell you.
- Once you have your piece of roast beef you’re going to brown both sides using the saute function with a bit of olive oil in your pot.
- Then you’ll add your spices and wine…yes you heard me right….red wine!
- Close your lid and steam valve and let it cook all by itself….go find something fun to do for 50 minutes. 😉
- You’ll allow it to naturally release steam for 25 after that
- Add your potatoes and carrots (or other veggies) after that
- Let them soften for a little while
- Take everything out and enjoy!
You can make some pressure cooker gravy using the juices left in your pot if you want too….super easy to do and a great add.
Roast beef in a pressure cooker
- It cooks way faster…..that’s the point right?
- Roast beef in an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi comes out extremely tender
- You’re able to cook everything all in the same pot which cuts down on dishes (yeah) and the vegetables/potatoes get to soak up all that goodness while they’re cooking.
- You can just throw it all in and walk away instead of tending to it in the oven making sure it’s basted etc…along the way.
- Because I’m just obsessed with my pretty Instant Pot and new Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer machines.
Instant Pot roast beef
Roast beef is a piece of beef which is usually roasted in an oven BUT can now be made in a pressure cooker. Usually prepared as a main meal, roast beef leftovers are often used in sandwiches.
Although it is high in fat, roast beef is very high in protein as well.
Roast beef is quite high in potassium. There are 0 carbs and 0 grams of sugar in roast beef itself.
Roast beef is made out of beef chuck roast. If you want to make this but don’t see it in the meat section of your grocery store, ask the butcher.
It might be labeled a bit differently or they may have some behind the meat counter itself.
We added some vegetables at the very end with a bit more time but that part is totally up to you. You could stop with just the meat itself.
What you’ll need to make this pressure cooker roast beef recipe?
- Beef chuck roast piece – 3 lbs is what was used here
- Beef broth
- Red wine – could use another liquid if you’d prefer
- Worcestershire sauce
Other ways of how to cook beef chuck roast
Directions for Ninja Foodi
- Follow this Ninja Foodi roast beef post here for that pot.
Directions for Crockpot Express and Instant Pot roast beef are below
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pressure Cooker Roast Beef
- Turn pressure cooker to saute mode and add olive oil. Add roast when hot.
- Brown each side, turn pot OFF, remove meat from pot and deglaze the pot (add 1/2 c. of your beef broth and scrape the bottom well to remove all stuck on meat).
- Return meat to pot, add onions, seasonings and rest of broth.
- Close lid and steam valve. Set to high pressure for 50 minutes. (timing is average but varies slightly depending on size and thickness of meat piece you have)
- Do a natural release for 25 minutes, then let out rest of steam.
- Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Put lid back on and close steam valve.
- Set to high pressure for 6 minutes, quick release when done.
- Remove vegetables and meat. If you want to make gravy leave liquid in pot, set to saute and whisk together in a small bowl 2 tbsp. cornstarch with 3 tbsp cold water until smooth and add in. Stir until it thickens, turn pot off.
Try our Instant Pot beef tips next!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉