Instant Pot kids recipes are essential when you have little ones at home! Easy and tasty breakfast and dinner ideas that will make them smile are here!
I have three girls, I know what it means to have easy Instant Pot kids recipes on hand when you’re busy! If you’re looking for an entire list of our easy Instant Pot recipes you can check those out as well. Welcome friends! (originally published 3/19, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Kids Recipes
Though mine are older I remember the days of “that looks funny” or when they weren’t vegetable lovers. I have suggestions on how to change that too though. 😉
The first thing you might try is this pressure cooker yogurt. Load it with fruit on top and I guarantee it will be a hit. Then move on to lunch and dinner too! Use your Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi pot, doesn’t have to be an IP.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
- This is a great InstaPot cookbook and a set of wooden utensils are great to grab too.
- I HIGHLY recommend you buy this non stick pot.
- You should still deglaze pressure cooker after sautéing but it won’t have as many issues with this better liner.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
What is for dinner tonight kid friendly?
There are TONS of options beyond our 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili loaded with cheese on top! From boxed to homemade mac and cheese, to sloppy joes and more. We’re here to help!
What are the easiest meals to make?
My number one is always spaghetti, any sort of casserole, or this easy orange chicken recipe in a pressure cooker over rice.
There are too many to list but here we’re focusing on InstaPot kids recipes they will love. Yes we love an occasional air fryer grilled cheese too but for dinner with the family this is a quick way to make everything.
From Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice to a bunch of simple sausage recipes, we have a TON here to choose from. They all have a quick cooking time for busy families.
If you’re just looking for Instant Pot dinner recipes we have over 100+ ideas here. You can click on the blue link and then bookmark it for later. Then after you try all of these and write down which ones were the biggest hits you can tackle that list.
Kid friendly recipes
How can you save this page so you can refer back to it often?? I am glad you asked my friend. Here are some easy instructions on how to do just that:
- If you’re already looking at this on mobile then you’re set!
- Push the square icon with an arrow pointing up on the bottom of your screen.
- I only know iPhone so……
- Scroll to the right on the bottom row of icons and press “Add to Home Screen”
- Press Add
- Now you’ll have an Instant Pot kids recipes icon that will go right to this page!
First of all I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot because it makes clean up so much easier!
InstaPot kid recipes
- This Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole is hearty and a kid fave.
- My girls love our 4 ingredient homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
- Or how to make Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker
- Meat lovers pressure cooker mac and cheese
- Kids favorite Instant Pot hot dogs
- Then make our pressure cooker corn dog bites
Classic Instant Pot chicken noodle soup we have more pressure cooker chicken recipes here too.
Now the pressure cooker recipes for kids I’m listing are guaranteed favorites. If you want to try a vegetable to serve on the side, try our Instant Pot cauliflower mash!
We used purple cauliflower to make it really kid friendly.
- Did you know you could make an Instant Pot pizza too?
- If you have a CrispLid then you can brown the top a bit too or throw it under your broiler.
- Instant Pot chili mac recipe is a must try too then give our pressure cooker cheesy chili mac a try. We’ve made it in our Ninja Foodi too in order to brown and melt an extra layer of cheese.
2 ingredient Instant Pot salsa chicken is a favorite around here for taco Tuesdays! Talk about a super cheap meal too. I mean it costs me under 20 bucks for all the ingredients and is always a hit, even with my picky husband.
- Classic Instant Pot beans and franks is great for picky toddlers. WAY better than out of the can y’all.
- Our Instant Pot Mountain Dew stew is sweet and savory. Always a hit with kids.
- Creamy cand cheesy Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- Spicy Instant Pot nacho soup is great with a side of homemade rolls on the side.
Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti is fantastic. Use Velveeta or shredded cheese. I suggest Rotel to give it a bit of heat and lots of flavor.
Instant Pot kids recipes
Once you’ve gone through these then continue on to our other easy Instant Pot recipes too.
- They will love this Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
- Kids favorite = Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Remember Campbell’s chicken and rice, well here it is = Pressure Cooker chicken and rice
Or use sausage and make our Instant Pot sausage and rice casserole. With ooey gooey cheesiness inside the mix itself and melted on the top it is sure to be a hit even with your picky eaters at home.
Let’s continue on. Now you also want to make meals that the adults in the house will love too right? Us too. If you introduce “different” but appetizing selections early on they are more likely to be more adventurous later on.
- Instant Pot sesame chicken has been hugely popular cooked in under 20 minutes.
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole will replace traditional lasagna for sure. With crushed tomatoes cooked on high pressure under 30 minutes with a quick release, you’re sure to get thumbs up on this one.
- Our homemade Instant Pot sloppy joes are great.
For little hands, Instant Pot egg bites are great! Let them choose what they want you to add into their muffin cup. A high protein, but FUN meal!
Want some more options now? Let’s talk soup and some Mexican recipes with loads of flavor too shall we?
- My youngest loves Instant Pot meatball soup with bread for dinner. I use frozen meatballs so it cooks in only 15 minutes cooking time.
- You could make your own Italian meatballs with ground beef or ground turkey if you preferred.
- Oh yes they’ll say after this Cheesy Instant Pot goulash recipe. Creamy with a bit of half and half, I would use ground spicy sausage to get bold flavors.
- This has tons of flavor = Instant Pot taco casserole! You can see it below and it is a complete meal in one bowl.
Serving fruit with dinner is always fun and applesauce is always a winner. Try that with fresh apples and some cinnamon!
You’ll have enough for leftovers which you can store in mason jars. It makes for a great after school snack too.
- Use fresh apples to make Pressure cooker applesauce with your kids
- How to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs is easy and a great healthy snack or breakfast
Then try our Instant Pot Philly cheesesteak pasta for dinner. If you slice the meat into really small bite size pieces you will get them as tender as possible for little mouths.
Let’s talk about an easy one, chicken tenders. You don’t have to only resort to processed frozen pieces in the bag for this. You can make Instant Pot frozen chicken tenders so easily right at home.
Then brush and serve with your favorite chicken dipping sauces or homemade teriyaki sauce and let them go!
Instant Pot Kids Recipes
- 12 chicken tenders timing is for frozen, not breaded
- 1.5 c water
- Pour water into pot. Lower trivet or vegetable steamer basket down to the bottom.
- Run frozen tenders under water just enough to break them apart. Then place on rack or in basket overlapping the least amount possible.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Close lid and seal steam valve shut.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes with a 15 minute natural release. Remove, place on a plate and smother with bbq sauce or teriyaki sauce, enjoy.
Now let’s talk about some ultimate kid recipes they will love here.
- Instant Pot bread pudding can be a breakfast or dessert
- Talk about a hit with this Instant Pot pizza pasta y’all. All the flavors you love without the crust, using noodles instead.
- My kids actually love this Instant Pot salisbury steak with mashed taters
This next soup is always a hit with little ones. Tell them that the cheeseburger melted into a sea of cheese and we get to eat it for dinner!
- Cheesy Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is always a favorite
- Serve fun Pressure cooker Dorito casserole to your kids for a smile
- Pretty much any of our Instant Pot pasta recipes will be a winner for dinner.
- Our pressure cooker apricot chicken is sweet!
- Roundup of other Instant Pot chicken recipes are here. Pair them with some cheesy potatoes and score!!
- Along with a bunch of Instant Pot soup recipes that are cheap and easy to make with chicken broth or beef broth.
If you have a Ninja Foodi you can make all of these too! All recipes for these multi cooker pots are interchangeable so don’t fret. Just follow along and enjoy.
Dinner ideas for kids and adults
No, these aren’t going to be pleasing to your kids, you are important too. 😉 I mean bring on the wows from your taste buds means you’ll be pleased and want to make them over and over again.
- If you need some few ingredient recipes we have those too.
- They aren’t always made in the IP, some are air fryer recipes which we’re obsessed with too.
- If you don’t have one of those I would highly recommend this one that we use almost daily.
What is your favorite family friendly Instant Pot recipe you’ve made recently? If it isn’t one we haven’t tried then share the recipe below. LOVE love trying new things.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Yes I still do love my slow cooker and use it from time to time, but primarily my pressure cooker and air fryer are used daily. If you’re looking for specific recipes with low saturated fat you can refer to our healthy pressure cooker recipes post here.