This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is my kids all time favorite dinner! The classic dish you love made with pasta and cooked in just 10 minutes. Use your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express tonight and try it!
This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole came out amazing the first time I made it. Everyone devoured it as soon as it was ready. Listed as one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes you will surely make it over and over again too. Sponsored by Mardi Gras Napkins. (originally published 10/17, affiliate links present)
Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Casserole
With some simple ingredients I was able to make this for less than $15 and in 20 minutes cooking time. Use a Ninja Foodi or other pressure cooker to get it all done.
Everyone at the table loved it, including my picky husband and 3 kids. Now that is what I call a great recipe win!!
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
We try to eat together as a family each night.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
We’ve done our best to ask questions around the dinner table to involve the kids and see how their days went. But, finding new and fun questions to ask gets tough over time, until we found THESE!!
They’ve been so fun and great conversation starters.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Parmesan Casserole
It’s time to wipe away the boredom and bring mealtime fun back to the dinner table with these conversation starter napkins from Mardi Gras Napkins. YES, seriously!!
When I was asked to partner with Mardi Gras napkins for this creative campaign I jumped on it because these are exactly what we needed. They were sure to bring more fun and conversations to our dinner table.
- My kids LOVED them!!
There are tons of different open ended questions for kids in the package. They not only make my 9 year laugh, but my 16 year old daughter enjoys them too!
Part of the fun is the surprise is you don’t know what question you’ll get each night!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This is what you will need to make this creative meal;
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – this is the one I have at the top of this post
- I HIGHLY recommend getting a non stick pot to avoid the burn notice on all recipes you make from here on out.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- could use chicken thighs
Chicken Parmesan Casserole Instant Pot
I kinda’ prefer the latter because they are cheaper and much more tender. Everyone usually has a strong preference so go with whatever you prefer.
- Noodles, we used Rotini
- Bread crumbs
- Chicken broth
- 1 jar marinara sauce – spaghetti sauce we use
- Garlic and parmesan cheese
- Onions – optional
- 1/2 cup diced is a great add in
- Salt and pepper
Garlic powder and other seasonings you want to add are of course optional.
Instant Pot Parmesan Chicken
We use many of the same ingredients here to make our slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe which you should try too.
BUT if you’re always in a rush at the end of the day, I suggest making this one. Complete with the noodles cooked right inside the sauce it’s really quick!
- I got the idea for this after making my Instant Pot spaghetti over and over again.
- In that I use ground beef but thought “I should be able to make a version of this with chicken too”. And here it is today….
- Of course if you don’t want to add the noodles you can follow our Instant Pot chicken parmesan directions, but I’m telling you this will get thumbs up from everyone in the house.
We loved this so much we tinkered with it and even make an air fryer chicken parmesan we make pretty often too. 😉
Yes, you can use frozen chicken in the Instant Pot for this casserole. However, keep in mind that it will take longer unless your pieces are already diced into small pieces and separated. If using whole breasts I would suggest pressure cooking those for 12 minutes first with 1 cup broth. Shred and add in with ingredients for this recipe here.
Yes, any of our chicken pressure cooker recipes can use dark or white meat. Cook time won’t change as long as either are cut into the same sizes.
I love pressure cooking! More specifically Instant Pot casseroles are so perfect for busy moms like us. They’re one pot meals. Just quick release when done and enjoy! The slow cooker used to be my jam but not anymore!
No need to dirty another pot to precook the noodles or the chicken. You can do it all in there.
That’s right! For this Instant Pot chicken parmesan dish the noodles are put in uncooked. Added in with the sauce and chicken, they’re cooked perfectly as well as soaking up all the flavors in under 30 minutes.
- I’m all about quick dinners. I have three girls who are busy with school, after school activities, and my oldest one works now!!
What goes good with chicken parmesan?
- This is really a one pot meal.
- You could serve vegetables on the side.
- With this dinner recipe you could make no yeast rolls
Here are a few more easy pressure cooker chicken recipes
- Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken is perfect when you forgot to defrost dinner!
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken is a family favorite.
- If you haven’t tried hoisin chicken or cashew chicken they’re great
- Creamy Pressure cooker chicken and rice is the meal you grew up eating but now you can make it in just minutes!
- Fried chicken in your pressure cooker is possible too
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Tip : Make sure you release the pressure right when it beeps or your noodles will get too soft.
If you’re looking to incorporate family dinners into your weekly routine more but just don’t know where to start, just whip up a quick meal like this one and try it once a week.
The next week aim for twice a week and I guarantee you’ll feel a difference in your household when you spend more time together (I do). Igniting spontaneous and unexpected family conversation is a cinch with super-cool illustrated prints featuring clever conversation starters.
Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
Here’s a quick step by step but detailed ingredient amounts and instructions are below in the printable recipe card.
Time needed: 10 minutes
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Put Instant Pot on saute, the normal heat function.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
You’re going to cook this for 2-3 minutes, just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone and it is now white.
Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir. Pour in 2 cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, we used rotini.
Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, but do NOT stir everything together. If not the burn notice may occur and stop the cooking process.
Set your pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes, then you will do a quick release to release the steam.
Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan. In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes – just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
- Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir.
- Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, we used rotini.
- Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
- In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
- Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!