This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is my kids all time favorite dinner! The classic dish you love made into a casserole and cooked in just 10 minutes inside your pressure cooker! The perfect and delicious answer to what’s for dinner tonight when you’re in a hurry.
We love our fancy pressure cooker and cook with it weekly. I am always toying with classic dishes and making them with a twist that my whole family will love. This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole came out amazing the first time I made it and everyone devoured it as soon as it was ready. With some added noodles and a few simple ingredients I was able to feed all 5 of us for less than $15 and in under 20 minutes total, that is what I call a win!! This is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes and will surely make it over and over again in the future. Thank you Mardi Gras Napkins for sponsoring this post. (originally published 10/17)
We try to eat together as a family each night.
It doesn’t always happen but at least 3 times a week it is a must. This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is one of our faves!
We’ve done our best to ask questions around the dinner table to involve the kids and see how their days went. But, finding new and fun questions to ask gets tough over time, until we found THESE!!
They’ve been so fun and great conversation starters.
It’s time to wipe away the boredom and bring mealtime fun back to the dinner table with these conversation starter napkins from Mardi Gras Napkins. YES, seriously!!
When I was asked to partner with Mardi Gras napkins for this creative campaign I jumped on it because these are exactly what we needed. They were sure to bring more fun and conversations to our dinner table.
My kids LOVED them!!
There are tons of different questions in the package and they not only make my 9 year laugh, but my 16 year old daughter enjoys them too!
Part of the fun is the surprise is you don’t know what question you’ll get each night!
They are great!
No matter what you cook they’re a great addition to your meal together. Now if you’re an Instant Pot lover like me you’ll love this quick meal too.
There aren’t a whole lot of ingredients to make our Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole. You probably already have in your cupboard.
If not this is what you will need:
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – this is the one I have
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Noodles, we used Rotini
- Bread crumbs
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Onions – optional
I love the function of a pressure cooker, and Instant Pot casseroles are so perfect for busy moms like me because you can cook everything in one pot in no time at all.
No need to dirty another pot or pan to precook the noodles or the chicken, you can do it all in there.
One great thing about this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is that the noodles can be put in uncooked with the sauce and chicken and once it beeps they’re not only cooked perfectly but they’ve soaked up all the flavor in the spaghetti sauce and tastes amazing.
I’m all about quick since I have three girls who are busy with school, after school activities, and my oldest one works now!!
Time flies. If I can get everything done and on the table in less than 30 minutes we can actually eat at home and avoid eating fast food.
If you’re looking for other Instant Pot recipes for busy nights, try these too!
- Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken is perfect when you forgot to defrost dinner!
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken is a family favorite.
- Creamy Pressure cooker chicken and rice is the meal you grew up eating but now you can make it in just minutes!
Here’s the printable recipe and video for easy Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 2 c water
- 2 c noodles uncooked, small shapes of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes - just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
- Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, water, and stir.
- Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, we used rotini.
- Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
- In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
- Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
If you’re looking to incorporate family dinners into your weekly routine more but just don’t know where to start, just whip up a quick meal like this one and try it once a week. The next week aim for twice a week and I guarantee you’ll feel a difference in your household when you spend more time together (I do). Igniting spontaneous and unexpected family conversation is a cinch with super-cool illustrated prints featuring clever conversation starters.
Let me know how your first meal together goes! 😉