This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is my kids all time favorite dinner! The classic dish you love made into a casserole and cooked in just 10 minutes. Use your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express tonight and try it!
We love our fancy pressure cooker and cook with it weekly. I am always toying with classic dishes and making them with a twist that my whole family will love. This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole came out amazing the first time I made it. Everyone devoured it as soon as it was ready. With some simple ingredients I was able to make this for less than $15 and in 20 minutes cooking time. Now that is what I call a great recipe win!! Listed as one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes you will surely make it over and over again too. Thank you Mardi Gras Napkins for sponsoring this post. (originally published 10/17, affiliate links present)
We try to eat together as a family each night.
It doesn’t always happen but at least 3 times a week it is a must. This Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is one of our faves!
We’ve done our best to ask questions around the dinner table to involve the kids and see how their days went. But, finding new and fun questions to ask gets tough over time, until we found THESE!!
They’ve been so fun and great conversation starters.
It’s time to wipe away the boredom and bring mealtime fun back to the dinner table with these conversation starter napkins from Mardi Gras Napkins. YES, seriously!!
When I was asked to partner with Mardi Gras napkins for this creative campaign I jumped on it because these are exactly what we needed. They were sure to bring more fun and conversations to our dinner table.
- My kids LOVED them!!
There are tons of different questions in the package and they not only make my 9 year laugh, but my 16 year old daughter enjoys them too!
Part of the fun is the surprise is you don’t know what question you’ll get each night!
There aren’t a whole lot of ingredients to make our chicken parmesan casserole. You probably already have in your cupboard.
If not this is what you will need:
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – this is the one I have
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- could use chicken thighs
- Noodles, we used Rotini
- Bread crumbs
- Chicken broth
- 1 jar marinara sauce – spaghetti sauce we use
- Garlic and parmesan cheese
- Onions – optional
- 1/2 cup diced is a great add in
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder is optional
I love pressure cooking! More specifically Instant Pot casseroles are so perfect for busy moms like us. They’re one pot meals. Just quick release when done and enjoy! The slow cooker used to be my jam but not anymore!
No need to dirty another pot to precook the noodles or the chicken. You can do it all in there.
That’s right! For this Instant Pot chicken parmesan dish the noodles are put in uncooked. Added in with the sauce and chicken, they’re cooked perfectly as well as soaking up all the flavors in under 30 minutes.
- I’m all about quick dinners. I have three girls who are busy with school, after school activities, and my oldest one works now!!
What goes good with chicken parmesan casserole?
- This is really a one pot meal.
- You could serve vegetables on the side.
Here are a few more easy pressure cooker chicken recipes
- Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken is perfect when you forgot to defrost dinner!
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken is a family favorite.
- If you haven’t tried hoisin chicken or cashew chicken they’re great
- Creamy Pressure cooker chicken and rice is the meal you grew up eating but now you can make it in just minutes!
- Fried chicken in your pressure cooker is possible too
Here’s the printable recipe and video for easy Instant Pot parmesan chicken casserole
Tip : Make sure you release the pressure right when it beeps or your noodles will get too soft.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Put Instant Pot on saute, normal function.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic and chicken cut up into bite size pieces.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes - just until the pink on outside of chicken is gone
- Add salt, basil, spaghetti sauce, broth or water, and stir.
- Add 2 measuring cups full of uncooked noodles on the top, we used rotini.
- Push noodles down so they are under the sauce, do NOT stir everything together.
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Turn pot off. Stir in 2/3 c. grated parmesan.
- In a separate bowl melt your butter and then stir in 1/3 c. bread crumbs and 1/3 c. grated parmesan.
- Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy!
If you’re looking to incorporate family dinners into your weekly routine more but just don’t know where to start, just whip up a quick meal like this one and try it once a week. The next week aim for twice a week and I guarantee you’ll feel a difference in your household when you spend more time together (I do). Igniting spontaneous and unexpected family conversation is a cinch with super-cool illustrated prints featuring clever conversation starters.
Let me know how your first meal together goes! 😉