These easy slow cooker no yeast rolls are the perfect side dish with lasagna or any other pasta dish! There’s no need to wait for them to rise! They cook by themselves right in your Crockpot. Dripping with melted butter and garlic with a dash of parmesan they’ll become your go to bread on busy evenings.
If you follow me at all you know I love easy recipes that my whole family will love. These slow cooker no yeast rolls are one of our favorite crockpot recipes and perfectly paired with lasagna. Sponsored by Michael Angelo’s. (originally published 3/18, affiliate links present)
With three kids, a husband, a household to maintain and working full time I really don’t have a lot of time to cook homemade meals. There are ways though!
Yes you can make sourdough starter from scratch and bake that way, but that takes a week to get ready. This is way easier.
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
Crockpot No Yeast Rolls
Kind of amazing right??
Using just a few ingredients you can make fluffy rolls in your slow cooker that when drenched with melted butter, garlic, and herbs are the perfect side dish for any Italian meal.
My girls and I experimented with these. After a few batches we decided on the perfect timing and that it needed some more melted butter and parmesan over the top when done. I mean you can omit that but……
Why do I specify that they have no yeast and choose to do it that way, well because I’m impatient and I like EASY recipes.
How to make homemade rolls no yeast
- You just use items you have at home already, and since they cook in your crockpot you don’t have to pay attention to the oven.
Just set a timer and when it dings they are done. Slice like a garlic loaf or pull the rolls apart, either way it’s a fun way to “bake” them. Hand held is our preference but if you’d rather it come out in one long loaf that works too.
Now for the main dishes! We’re focused on easy meals remember, but with real ingredients. This one gives you a choice on how to cook it.
- If you are in a real hurry you can put your Michael Angelo’s lasagna or chicken parmesan (there are other varieties too) dishes in the microwave, I usually pop them in the oven.
Just put the trays on a cookie sheet, and in about 40 minutes both are done and smothered with ooey gooey cheese the kids love!
- My youngest loves anything with chicken so chicken parmesan is her favorite, and I’m always up for a yummy fork full of lasagna with meat sauce myself.
What really makes these authentic Italian dishes stand out is their clean ingredients and new packaging. Keep an eye out for the new green box, which only contains wholesome, simple ingredients, which is something we can all feel great about.
Of course these dishes can be served as is on a busy night but if you throw your slow cooker dinner rolls in about 45 minutes before you cook your dishes they will be ready at the same time.
No yeast dinner rolls
- All purpose flour (remember to measure flour properly into your measuring cup, not scoop it out)
- Baking powder
- Salt – I like garlic salt for this
- Half and Half – can use whole milk but half and half is better
- Any spices you want to add into dough – basil and oregano are good
- Topping when done
- Melted butter
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- Rosemary on top is good too
This is how to make this no yeast bread recipe in slow cooker easily. No need to warm the milk, use a bread hook, rise for hours…it’s a game changer.
Mix together in a bowl your flour, baking powder and oregano in a bowl. Then fold in your half and half, then your mayonnaise. Scrape sides of the bowl to get everything combined well. Dough will be lumpy, do not over-mix.
Lay parchment paper in your Crockpot and dollop 6 large tablespoons of dough on it. Can sprinkle 1/4 teaspoons of basil on top now if desired. Close lid and bake rolls on high for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- If you want them golden brown you can place into a toaster oven for 5-10 minutes. OR break apart and throw into your air fryer or Ninja Foodi.
If you love garlic bread this is something you must try!
- Melt butter with garlic and pour on top before serving! Then try Crockpot bread and slow cooker cinnamon rolls. See how easy baking in a Crockpot really is.
Time needed: 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Slow Cooker No Yeast Rolls
Add flour, salt, basil, baking powder, and oregano into a bowl, mix.
Fold in half and half and mayonnaise so it is well combined but still lumpy.
Put parchment paper into your slow cooker. Scoop 6 equal parts of dough on to your parchment paper in your slow cooker. (they will meld together but that is okay)
Put lid on crockpot and set to high for 1 hr 40 minutes. Quickly lift lid and move away from crockpot so the condensation doesn’t drip on to your rolls.
Lift out parchment paper and put bread/rolls on to a cutting board/serving board.
Melt butter, minced garlic in microwave and pour on top of your no yeast rolls loaf. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of that.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Jump to recipe below and let us know if this is your favorite Crock pot recipe too. Try our no yeast cinnamon rolls next.
Slow Cooker No Yeast Rolls
- Add flour, salt, basil, baking powder, and oregano into a bowl, mix.
- Fold in half and half and mayonnaise so it is well combined but still lumpy.
- Put parchment paper into your slow cooker.
- Scoop 6 equal parts of dough on to your parchment paper in your slow cooker. (they will meld together but that is okay)
- Put lid on crockpot and set to high for 1 hr 40 minutes.
- Quickly lift lid and move away from crockpot so the condensation doesn’t drip on to your rolls.
- Lift out parchment paper and put bread/rolls on to a cutting board/serving board.
- Melt butter, minced garlic in microwave and pour on top of your no yeast rolls loaf. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of that.
- Pull 6 rolls apart or slice loaf and serve with pasta!
Talk about an easy dinner idea that I guarantee everyone in your family will love, and if you’ve never made bread in your slow cooker you’ll be amazed at how well it turns out and how easy it is to make homemade rolls in there.