Rice krispy treat pops are great baby shower desserts that you can make into any color, even rainbow rice krispie treats!! Want a quick cheap treat to make with your kids? They’re great as weekend sweets too.
I think everyone loves rice krispy treat anything right! We have made rice krispie treat ornaments, in the shape of gingerbread men, and now here are some cute rice krispy treat pops! Perfect for a baby shower, Valentine’s Day treat, or a birthday party. (affiliate links present, originally published 2/17)
Rice Krispie Pops Dipped in Chocolate
Need them for a boy, just use blue chocolate and sticks! Here is what you will need to make them and the recipe too. SO easy to do and design with any colors and decorations you wish so they match your party theme!
Simple idea right…but most of the time the simplest ideas are the cutest (and least expensive to make too) right??!! There are a lot of ways you could make these desserts for a pink baby shower let’s say and not only have them out for a treat but use them as centerpieces too!
Use mason jars like this in the middle of each table with tissue paper or colored gems inside, stick your rice krispy pops inside and it’s part of your diy baby shower decor! Same goes with a birthday party. Here is what you will need and how to make them.
Rice Krispy Treat Pops
- Cake pop sticks
- Rice Krispy cereal
- Wilton chocolate melts (in colors you want to use)
- Coconut oil to melt chocolate
Make rice krispy treats as directed on side of box. Allow to cool and harden in pan, then cut into shape desired using cookie cutters. Hold in hand and push stick 3/4 way in. Melt chocolate in microwave. Then hold stick and dip treat into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
Put sprinkles on a plate and gently press end with melted chocolate into sprinkles. Set on cookie sheet with parchment paper down to harden. Melt chocolate color desired to garnish the same way as above Use a fork to dip into colored chocolate and drizzle over rice krispy treat pops to add color if desired. Allow to harden
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Rice Krispy Treat Pops
- Pour cereal in a bowl. In a pot on stovetop over medium heat spray inside with non stick spray. Add butter and melt.
- Once melted add marshmallows and stir consistently until melted. Immediately pour on to your cereal and stir until coated.
- Spray 9×13" pan with non stick spray and pour in coated cereal. Use parchment paper to press in so it is flat. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in fridge, then take out to cool rest of the way until firm.
- Slice into squares, lift out and push one end on to a stick or cake pop dowel.
- In a bowl pour in your candy melts. Microwave according to the directions on the back of the bag until smooth.
- Dip or spoon melted chocolate on top of cereal bar. Set on parchment paper to cool. If you want to add sprinkles do so while it is still warm and wet so it sticks.