Rice Krispy treat ornaments are fun and a great no bake Christmas dessert! Just a few simple ingredients and they’re ready in less than 10 minutes too!
It’s the holidays and what my girls and I like to do best is bake!! Well create goodies that is, and no bake desserts are even more fun when you’re cooking with kids. Everyone loves marshmallow rice krispy treats, and they are great for molding and creating fun desserts too like these. Take a peek at these rice krispy treat ornaments we made this afternoon that are simple, sweet, and will put you in the Christmas spirit for sure. 😉 (originally published 12/16)
Rice krispy ornaments
Your little ones can help stir and assemble them too so they’re a great activity for holiday get togethers.
You only need a few ingredients and you’re set. You will need:
- Rice Krispie cereal
- Mini candy canes
- buy extra and this is how to melt peppermint candies into ornaments too
- Gummy lifesavers
- Mini marshmallows
I made a smaller batch of Rice Krispy treats, directions found on the side of the box and on their website, because we were only making a few but you could easily make a double or triple batch.
You make them as usual (included directions as well below so you can print them out), and I used a muffin pan to hold the balls we made and added the other items to the muffin pan so little fingers could pick them up and everything was in 1 place.
Here’s the directions and how we make them:
Christmas Rice Krispy Treats
We have a lot of fun baking at Christmas time. Another fun idea we had and enjoyed making this year were these egg nog cookie cups. These and our egg nog pudding cake are amazing and so easy to do! Let us know what you think of our rice krispy Christmas treats, and what you love baking this time of year too!
Here’s just how easy they are to make!
Rice Krispy treat ornaments
- 3 c . Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 c . small marshmallows
- 1.5-2 tbsp . butter
- 1 small candy cane per ornament
- 1 gummy lifesaver per ornament
- non stick cooking spray
- optional – sprinkles
- Melt butter and add mini marshmallows to pan over low heat (spray pan and spoon with non stick cooking spray first). Add cereal to bowl. Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and stir immediately coating all of cereal evenly. Quickly make into balls with your hands, should make approx. 4 balls/ornaments. Push small candy cane into hole of gummy lifesaver halfway down and push into one side of cereal ball. Roll gently or sprinkle with hands your sprinkles to decorate. Done!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉