Egg nog cookie cups are so fun! Make them any flavor your want but this is a great Christmas dessert that is easy to do and the kids love them!
I’m obsessed with egg nog during the holidays…and baking! This year I thought it might be fun to make some mini egg nog cookie cups with the kids, they were so easy to do. Now that we’ve made these at Christmas time we will definitely make them with other flavors throughout the year…I will share those when they’re done too. Tell us what you think!
Aren’t they pretty, and so cute!!
Bite sized egg nog cookie cups are simple to do and you only need 3 ingredients!
You can fill them with any flavor you’d like, I just chose egg nog because it’s December and well…why not?!! Chocolate is another goodie though and you just swap that in and you have yourself a chocolate cookie cup…good for any time of year! (affiliate links present, originally published 11/16)
This is what you will need to make easy egg nog cookie cups:
- Sugar cookie dough – this is what I use
- Mini muffin pan
- Egg nog
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Nutmeg – to sprinkle on top if desired
The key to making these mini cookie cups is to spray your mini muffin pan really well before putting your dough in.
You can use a regular sized muffin pan for these but quite frankly this is the perfect size in my opinion. I use refrigerated sugar cookie dough to make things easier, Jell-O pudding that is instant and instead of milk substitute your egg nog instead.
Literally these mini egg nog cookie cups take less than 20 min. to make including your cooling time (make sure cups are cooled before adding egg nog pudding).
To make cookie cups just use half a slice of refrigerated cookie dough, roll in a ball, put in greased mini muffin pan, press down slightly and bake for about 8 min.
Then once you take them out allow to cool for a minute or two, then very gently press the bottom of a dessert shot glass into the center just enough so there is a spot for the pudding but making sure no holes arise.
Once they cook carefully take them out and fill with chilled pudding. Here is the entire recipe.
Once the cookie cups are cooled I take my egg nog pudding out of the fridge (leave in while cookies are baking) and spoon into a pastry bag or ziploc freezer bag. Snip the corner off and squeeze into cookie cups to finish. Here’s a quick video.
Egg nog cookie cups
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding 5.1 oz
- 3 c egg nog (or the same # of cups of milk specified on the box) or milk if you just want vanilla
- 1 roll sugar cookie dough
- 1 mini muffin pan
- non stick cooking spray
- Use about half a slice of sugar cookie dough.
- Roll into a ball and put into sprayed mini muffin pan.
- Use small spoon or finger to gently press down ball into holes.
- Bake for about 8 min.
- Allow to cool a bit, then gently press shot glass in middle of cookie to create a pudding pocket.
- Whisk together egg nog or milk and pudding powder until thick.
- Refrigerate while cookies are in oven. Spoon into pastry bag or ziplock, snip end off and squeeze into fully cooled cookie cups.
Top with nutmeg or whipped cream. If you love our egg nog cookie cups you should try our egg nog pudding cake too!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉