Here is an easy egg nog pudding cake recipe using just 5 ingredients and cake mix we all have at home! Really moist cake with our favorite Christmas flavor!
When holidays near we love things like peppermint and egg nog! I’m talking everything with those flavors. This year I became a little obsessed with pudding cakes and just had to make a holiday version too, thus this easy egg nog pudding cake was created! It was wonderful and super moist! If you have never incorporated a box of instant pudding mix into a cake it really does change the texture and bring a richness to an already yummy dessert. We first started with this easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe and it was so popular we thought of others which we will share below too.
Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
This is what you will need to make our egg nog pudding cake:
- Yellow cake mix – I use this one frequently, I have also grabbed a box at the dollar store and it worked great
- Vanilla instant pudding mix – any brand is fine
- Egg nog – don’t use low fat, come on
- Nutmeg – a bit inside the mix and a sprinkle on top
When you mix everything together it will be quite thick…that is totally fine. I spread it out in my cake pan evenly and it fluffs up quite a bit in the baking process. Now with our other pudding cakes they were even more dense than this one and consistency is really a personal preference.
For our banana pudding cake it was very dense and didn’t rise like this one but was fabulous.
If you like a cake a bit drier I would bake closer to 35 minutes, we like it closer to 32-33 minutes.
It’s a really fun and simple Christmas dessert to make and serve if people are coming over.
You could even really serve it for breakfast as a sort of sweet bread, or brunch for sure without the scoop of ice cream on top. If you are hosting a holiday party and looking for other festive treats to serve we have a few others to share with you too like:
Egg Nog Pudding Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix approx 16 oz.
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 1.5 c egg nog
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- Use a mixer on low speed and mix all ingredients together until smooth, it will be thick!
- Spray non stick spray inside a 13x9 cake pan and spoon mixture in.
- Spread so it is the same thickness all the way across the pan so it bakes evenly.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 33 minutes (until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, do NOT overbake).
- Allow to cool almost completely if you want pieces to come out very clean with straight edges.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉