This easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe tastes like pumpkin pie but way better! Just 6 ingredients to dump in and bake to moist perfection. Best Fall dessert!
Have you ever made a pudding cake before? You can add it to many dump cake recipes and it adds a great moist texture and flavor to an already easy dessert recipe. Since it’s Fall I am all about everything apple and pumpkin, thus this easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe was made! It is really moist like a pumpkin pie with a similar flavor but more of a cake texture and a lot easier to bake if you ask me. Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
With just 6 ingredients total it is really easy to throw together for dessert at home or to take to a potluck!
Alone is fabulous but topped with a bit of vanilla ice cream and seriously this is the most amazing pumpkin dessert you’ll make this season, well other than my caramel pumpkin monkey bread of course. 😉
See how moist it is! I adapted my recipe from this one that was cooked in a crockpot, but I wanted to use my oven this time. It’s a bit addictive I must tell you, but easy enough to make it year round if you’re a pumpkin fanatic like I am!
You can always find cans of pumpkin puree in the store but I tend to stock up on a few extra cans when they’re prevalent and super cheap at the store come August or so and keep them in the cupboard for future months.
Similar to a pumpkin dump cake, this is just a matter of mixing all the ingredients together, spreading it in a cake pan, and baking it for 35 minutes.
Just long enough to cook but still remain REALLY moist, even on the end pieces.
Here is what you will need to pick up to make our easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe:
- 1 can pumpkin
- or you can make homemade pumpkin puree in less than 20 min.
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 box spice cake mix
- heavy cream (I have used milk or almond milk instead of this also when I didn’t have heavy cream and it was delicious also)
- cake pan
That is it! Ok, add vanilla ice cream to the list if you want it to be over the top delciousness to the max!
After you make this and I’ve convinced you that pudding should be added to all cake mixes you will have to try our
Here’s the printable recipe and a video so you can make it at home too
Easy Pumpkin Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin 15 oz.
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 c milk
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix 5.1 oz
- Mix together the spice cake mix and vanilla pudding mix.
- Add in your melted butter, milk, heavy cream (if you don't have heavy cream you can use milk instead) and pumpkin. Mix well with a spoon until powder is mixed in well.
- Spray non stick spray into a cake pan and spoon in your cake mixture. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes so it cuts easier.
- Cut into squares and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top when cake is still warm, it is delicious!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉