If you’re ready for Fall flavors you’ve got to try this easy pumpkin pie dump cake that needs just 5 basic ingredients! Topped with ice cream it’s heaven!
Pumpkin pie dump cake, need I say anything else??!! My two favorite things. Easy dessert paired with anything pumpkin is heaven to me. Once it hits about August I am ready for all things pumpkin!! No joke. I have made many dump cakes in my day but this one is definitely top of the list. Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
Are you ready??
Topped with ice cream or hey….have it for breakfast when the holidays come!
It literally takes 5 minutes to throw together and you can enjoy it straight out of the oven or throughout the day if you’re having a brunch and want a variety of treats and foods laid out for everyone to enjoy and snack on.
Here’s what you do…..
If you haven’t made a dessert like this it is true to form, dump it in and pop it in the oven for perfection.
Like I said, pumpkin is my thing and I can’t believe it took me this long to make this version but it’s here! You can opt to leave off the nuts if you have allergies or don’t like them, either way it is yummy.
Top with some whipped topping or vanilla ice cream and you won’t need much because it is rich.
This is what you need to make this easy pumpkin pie dump cake recipe:
- Large can of pumpkin
- Cake mix – best for this one is spice cake
- Half and half
- Brown sugar
- Nuts are optional
I made this in a 13×9″ glass baking dish which works well and if you are serving it straight to the table for a get together it looks nice and you can see the layers through the pan which is a nice look…plus it comes with a lid.
Try it out yourself and let us know what you think!
Then try a few of our other favorite Fall desserts:
- Pumpkin angel food cake
- Gingerbread dump cake
- Dump peach cobbler
- Pumpkin zucchini muffins
- Easy pumpkin apple bread
If you added anything else that turned out yummy leave us a note below.
Here is the printable recipe as well.
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
- 29 oz pumpkin in can, large size
- 1 box spice cake mix 15 oz., can use yellow or white too
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c half and half
- 1 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c walnuts
- 1/2 c butter melted
- Mix together your pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, half and half and brown sugar well so there are no clumps.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into your dish.
- Sprinkle your cake mix evenly across this mix and sprinkle your nuts on top.
- Melt your butter and drizzle it over the top.
- Bake for approx 50-55 minutes or until it is golden brown on top.
- Scoop out and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the top!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉