Easy pumpkin apple bread recipe that’s a perfect breakfast or dessert for Fall! Moist pumpkin bread packed with diced apples and nuts is our favorite treat.
Every year (as soon as possible) I make pumpkin bread, this year I thought I’d change it up a bit and make this easy apple pumpkin bread. It came out so moist and delicious! Adding diced fruit into the batter makes all the difference. (affiliate links present)
Pumpkin Apple Cake
Using one large peeled and diced apple and some crushed walnuts (optional) it is now one of our favorite Fall breakfast dishes. This could easy become a dessert too. I mean it is fair game to eat any and all goodies this time of year all throughout the day really.
I basically start with my moist pumpkin bread recipe and tweak from there. Of course you probably have tried adding chips of some kind but adding fresh fruit brings not only another texture and flavor but tenderness to it too.
Libby’s Pumpkin Apple Bread
I loved this easy pumpkin apple bread so much that I used half to make pumpkin apple muffins. Then used the other half to make what I called Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake because the consistency using my pressure cooker made it so moist that it reminded me of a cake texture.
If you have an Instant Pot I’d try both at the same time and see which one you like best, if not your oven will do and this sweet bread that is a perfect Fall treat is great for a brunch, dessert or yummy breakfast.
- 2 Loaf pans – this recipe makes 2 loaves, half it if you just want 1 (great gifts as mini loaves too)
- Canned pumpkin
- 1 large chopped apple
- Walnuts – if you choose
- All purpose flour – if you need another alternative you can follow our Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins batter instead
- Baking soda and salt
- Apple cider – or apple juice
- Grease and flour prepared loaf pans
- Bowls to mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts could be added
If you make 2 loaves and don’t give one away (great gift) just wrap the 2nd one in tinfoil once it cools completely and put it in your freezer. It will keep for a little while and once defrosted it should taste just as yummy as when you made it. OR this is how long to bake mini muffins you can pop into your mouth.
Pumpkin Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
You can use something other than 2 regular sized loaf pans like I did, the bake time will just vary a bit. Mini loafs will obviously take less time and a bundt pan using all of your batter at once will generally take a bit longer. Sprinkle on some crumb topping if you wanted too.
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done?
The edges of the bread will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. You can use the toothpick test for quick bread doneness too. It should come out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. If you want to use a thermometer, the internal temperature should be 190°F.
How do you keep pumpkin bread moist?
To maximize the life of moist pumpkin bread, cover with foil or plastic wrap. You could also place in a plastic bag free from air to prevent drying out.
Properly stored, freshly baked pumpkin bread will last for about 1 to 2 days at a normal room temperature.
How long does pumpkin bread last in the fridge?
Freshly baked pumpkin bread will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored in plastic wrap and/or storage bag free from air.
Pumpkin bread with apples
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Lots of easy pumpkin desserts
- We love making pumpkin chocolate bread
- Pumpkin zucchini muffins are fabulous
- Or make a batch of cake mix pumpkin blondies
Pumpkin quick bread recipe
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and all other dry ingredients in one bowl, mix. In another bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and all other wet ingredients. Slowly add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Fold in apples gently, add nuts at this time if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pans with non stick spray.
- Fill 3/4 of the way full and put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, or with moist crumbs attached
- There can be some crumbs on it meaning it is still nice and moist, just not raw dough should exist.
- DO NOT overbake, you want it to just be done.
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
You can add this batter into mini loaf pans or even muffin liners. Timing would need to be adjusted to about 18 minutes for this smallest idea. Remove when top springs back when touched in the center gently.
- Allow to cool in pans for best results, can put on a wire rack to cool as well but I prefer in the pan.
- Another favorite are these apple carrot muffins and/or apple zucchini muffins.
- Instant Pot apple cider served with air fryer apple fritters is great to enjoy.
Below is a printable recipe you can keep on hand.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Easy Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Mix together flour and baking soda in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix together all other ingredients in another bowl, except apples and nuts. Use a mixer on low speed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Spray non stick spray in loaf pans, will make 2.
- Fill loaf pans to about halfway full and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until middle is just set and knife comes out clean when put into the middle of the loaf…..25 minutes for mini loaf pans.