Easy pumpkin apple bread recipe that’s a perfect breakfast or dessert for Fall! Moist pumpkin bread packed with diced apples and nuts is our favorite treat.
Every year (as soon as possible) I make pumpkin bread, this year I thought I’d change it up a bit and make this easy pumpkin apple bread. It came out so moist and delicious! (originally published 9/17, affiliate links present)
Using one large peeled and diced apple and some crushed walnuts (optional) it is now one of our favorite Fall breakfast dishes (could be dessert too).
Pumpkin Apple Cake
- 2 Loaf pans – this recipe makes 2 loaves, half it if you just want 1 (great gifts as mini loaves too)
- 1 large chopped apple
- Walnuts – if you choose
- Baking soda and salt
- Apple cider – or apple juice
- Grease and flour prepared loaf pans
- Bowls to mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts could be added
I loved this easy pumpkin apple bread so much that I used half to make a loaf on the next batch and then used the other half to make what I called Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake because the consistency using my pressure cooker made it so moist that it reminded me of a cake texture.
- If you have an Instant Pot I’d try both at the same time and see which one you like best, if not your oven will do and this sweet bread that is a perfect Fall treat is great for a brunch, dessert or yummy breakfast.
If you make 2 loaves and don’t give one away (great gift) just wrap the 2nd one in tinfoil once it cools completely and put it in your freezer. It will keep for a little while and once defrosted it should taste just as yummy as when you made it.
You can use something other than 2 regular sized loaf pans like I did, the bake time will just vary a bit. Mini loafs will obviously take less time and a bundt pan using all of your batter at once will generally take a bit longer.
The edges of the bread will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. You can use the toothpick test for quick bread doneness too. It should come out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
If you want to use a thermometer, the internal temperature should be 190°F.
To maximize the life of moist pumpkin bread, cover with foil or plastic wrap. You could also place in a plastic bag free from air to prevent drying out.
Properly stored, freshly baked pumpkin bread will last for about 1 to 2 days at a normal room temperature.
Freshly baked pumpkin bread will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored in plastic wrap and/or storage bag free from air.
Pumpkin apple bread
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Lots of easy pumpkin desserts
- We love making pumpkin chocolate bread
- Pumpkin zucchini muffins are fabulous
- Or make a batch of cake mix pumpkin blondies
Pumpkin quick bread recipe
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Apple Pumpkin Bread
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and all other dry ingredients in one bowl, mix. In another bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and all other wet ingredients.
Slowly add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Incorporate apples
Fold in apples gently, add nuts at this time if desired.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pans with non stick spray. Fill 3/4 of the way full and put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tooth pick comes out mostly clean.
There can be some crumbs on it meaning it is still nice and moist, just not raw dough should exist. DO NOT overbake, you want it to just be done.
- Allow to cool in pans for best results, can put on a wire rack to cool as well but I prefer in the pan.
- Serve with Instant Pot apple cider and enjoy.
Below is a printable recipe you can keep on hand.
Easy Pumpkin Apple Bread
- Mix together flour and baking soda in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix together all other ingredients in another bowl, except apples and nuts. Use a mixer on low speed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Spray non stick spray in loaf pans, will make 2.
- Fill loaf pans to about halfway full and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until middle is just set and knife comes out clean when put into the middle of the loaf…..25 minutes for mini loaf pans.