Instant Pot apple cider is a hot holiday drink that’s perfect for brunch or serving all day long. Serve this with Christmas dinner and enjoy.
Instant Pot apple cider is great! Kids love it and adults can spike it just a bit to keep you warm all day long. When it’s chilly outside and guests are over you’ll want this for brunch or a Christmas dinner drink. Just one easy Instant Pot recipe here on The Typical Mom blog.
- We initially made this Crockpot hot apple cider a few years ago and that was great. Now that we’re a bit Instant Pot pressure cooker recipe obsessed, we had to make it this way too.
Yes you can add all these items together individually and just warm it up in mugs in the microwave. However when you have a big group it’s nice to keep it on warm for hours and hours at a time. Christmas brunch is best when you can enjoy the goodies all day long.
This is what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot apple cider
- Jar of apple cider or juice
- Cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh orange
- Brown sugar and/or maple syrup can be added for sweetness
- Festive mugs
If you like a stronger cinnamon flavor use both ground and sticks.
What do you spike cider with? Now if you’re serving a crowd you might want to leave the hot apple cider as is inside the pot and have one or some of these available on the side to add:
- Whiskey is what you typically think of
- Wine is pretty good, red is usually used
How do you heat up apple cider? This time we’re going to use our pressure cooker, any brand will do.
If you warm over spiced apple cider over medium heat on the stovetop. Do this until the cider is hot. This will typically be before it begins to boil, then let it steep until it’s “mulled” enough for your taste.
What makes something mulled?
Mulling spices may be added to the cooking process. The combination of spices varies, but it usually consists of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. Less frequently will you find star anise, peppercorn or cardamom. It also usually includes dried fruit sometimes.
- Serve it up in warmed mugs. Just add the cider, a cinnamon stick garnish, and serve on a plate with a slice of orange.
- Paired with a slice of warm pumpkin apple bread is great
- We love it with some Instant Pot apple crisp
- Or make some biscotti
I like a strong taste of cinnamon so leaving a stick in there the entire time is my fave. If you want a fainter taste just add a bit of ground instead.
- Orange is a nice addition and fresh is always best. That can be altered too as far as how strong of a flavor you desire.
- Leave it in as you cook it and take it out for a hint, or allow it to sit inside while it’s kept on warm.
- For A LOT of flavor use a potato masher on the warm fruit to emit juice. (make sure to get seeds out before serving)
If you want this Instant Pot hot apple cider recipe to be available all day long you’ll want to push the warm button once it’s done “cooking”.
Want to make chilled sparkling apple cider with some fresh apples and oranges too? Do it!!
Homemade apple cider comes in so many forms and can be tweaked so it’s perfect for you! If you want a short pressure cooking time this one below is for you. You don’t even need to put it on high pressure, saute function is all you need.
- Just leave the top ajar with a ladle on the side. People can open the lid and serve themselves throughout the day.
- Find more great and fresh apple recipes here for your group too.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Apple Cider
- If using apple juice you will want to add more seasonings than if you use bottled apple cider. Add according to your taste.
- Pour your jar of apple cider into your pressure cooker, set to saute.
- If using ground cinnamon whisk in until dissolved. Cinnamon sticks should just be placed inside.
- Wash outside of orange, slice in half, and press 2 whole cloves into the orange skin side of each half. Put both halves inside pot.
- Allow liquid to come to a low boil for about 3-5 minutes so all flavors mix. Turn pot off once it is warm enough for your taste. Taste and adjust as you'd like: add brown sugar for sweetness, leave cinnamon stick in for stronger flavor.
- Can push warm button to keep warm for a longer period of time. Take oranges out if you just want a hint of those flavors or else keep them in to intensify them.