4 ingredient crockpot hot apple cider is amazing, especially during the holidays! This one is so easy to make and stays warm for hours in the slow cooker!
It’s that time of year again when almost everything is cooked in my crockpot! I’m not talking just dinners, but drinks too like this crockpot hot apple cider! We love to bake and create yummy creations during the Fall and Winter and this recipe is perfect for that time of year. If you’re looking for something to serve on Christmas morning, a holiday party, or just when people come over in the evening this is a great, and inexpensive, crockpot recipes drink! (originally published 11/16, affiliate links present)
Whether you’re having a holiday party or decorating the Christmas tree together you’ll want to make this crockpot hot apple cider.
Literally all you need is what you see here. Of course you could make an adult beverage out of this drink too, but this is perfect for the whole family.
What alcohol is good with apple cider?
- Rye whiskey gives homemade apple cider a nice, slow and spicy burn
- A blonde beer
- Scotch is sometimes a favorite
- Sparkling wine can give it some fun bubbles
- Bourbon is what I think of when I spike cider
And here it is when it is done.
Slow cooker apple cider ingredients
- Apple cider
- apple juice is an alternative but not as good
- Whole cloves work best
- if you must use ground cloves just sprinkle in a few
- Brown sugar and cinnamon sticks
If you’d rather use a spice bag vs. the orange and cloves, make them this way:
- Cut a 6″ (or so) square piece of cheese cloth
- Put 2 dehydrated orange slices inside
- Break a cinnamon stick in half and put that inside
- Include 3 pieces of dried ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 pieces of whole nutmeg
I am telling you the house smells amazing when this is cooking! There is nothing like warm homemade apple cider during the holidays.
If you’re making this for a holiday get together you should also check out our:
- Crockpot apple crisp is the perfect dessert for all occasions
- We have directions for air fryer apple crisp too
- Homemade sparkling apple cider is wonderful
- Sparkling cranberry sangria (you can make it with or without alcohol)
- Gingerbread cinnamon rolls are fabulous too
How do you serve apple cider?
- Pour it into cute mugs
- Add a cinnamon stick for stirring into the cup
- Sprinkle in a bit of fresh orange zest
- Put a fresh slice of orange on the edge of the mug
- Add a cute chai tea bag inside
- Complete it with a swirl of whipped cream
- Swirl in some liquid or caramel sundae syrup
What can I add to hot cider?
- 5-Spice you can sometimes find in specialty stores, or make your own to add into hot cider.
- A whole chili is great to float in your hot cider if you want to add a layer of warmth. Just remember the longer it stays in the hotter it will get
- Citrus is great to complement the acidity of the apples. We added an orange but you could add a slice of lemon too.
- Booze of course
- A spoonful of maple syrup is yummy
The same goes when you make hot chocolate from scratch.
What are you waiting for??!! Grab your favorite Crock pot and cook on high if you’re in a hurry. I prefer slow and low all day but if you must you could do it quickly in 2-3 hours.
- Make some crinkle cookies and throw a holiday party soon y’all.
- Want to make Instant Pot apple cider quickly?? We have instructions for that too.
For more easy recipes like this easy hot apple cider recipe, tips, and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Crockpot hot apple cider
- Stick cloves into an orange. If you want a more intense orange flavor slice the orange in half first. Put into your pot.
- In the crock pot mix the brown sugar and apple cider until dissolved. Add whole cinnamon sticks. If you want to add a spice bag add it at the end and submerge.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours and then enjoy. Leave on "keep warm" after that so you can enjoy it for hours on end.