Here’s an easy crinkle cookies recipe you can make for any occasion. With bright colors they’re great Christmas cookies that come out moist every time.
Looking for some fun Christmas cookies to make this year that scream “it’s the holidays!” Well this crinkle cookie recipe is simple to make and perfect for any holiday. You can use any colors that fit the occasion, or make chocolate crinkle cookies too. (affiliate links present)
- They’re fun right??!!
Super moist too when they pop out of the oven, and stay that way for days after too.
Red and green were used this time because it’s almost December but swap them out for red and blue for the 4th of July and they were be a hit at your party.
If you’ve never made cookies made with cake mix they are really easy and turn out super soft. We will share a homemade version below too.
Another reason I love using cake mix as a base for a variety of recipes is that it minimizes the amount of ingredients you need to have.
This makes it convenient in case you need a last minute holiday dessert you know you’ll have everything in the cupboard ready to whip together!
This is what you need to make this easy cake mix crinkle cookie recipe
- Bowl for wet and dry ingredients
- Box of white cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Food coloring – will differ depending on the holiday you’re celebrating, or leave white
- Stand mixer – or use elbow grease
- Vanilla extract or peppermint extract is optional
Aren’t they great??!!
These are the basic steps you’re going to take:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat in eggs with your cake mix and oil
- Stir in food coloring and/or extract
- can separate batch to make multiple colors
- Wrap dough balls or sheets with parchment paper
- Chill the dough in your fridge
- room temperature dough will be too sticky
- Make into balls and roll in powdered sugar
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 – 12 minutes
- timing will vary depending on altitude and other factors, check at 8 min. you do NOT want to overbake
Now what if you want to make chocolate crinkle cookies
No problem, we have a homemade version here with instructions. This is what you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cocoa powder – unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour – all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder and salt (a pinch) is optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla one at a time with your mixer
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl
- Then stir into your unsweetened cocoa mixture.
- Cover your dough or wrap it in some parchment paper
- Put it into your refrigerator for at least 4 hours to get cold and stiffer
- Roll into balls, then into powdered sugar and put on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes
After you make these you should try our other easy Christmas cookie recipes as well as a bunch of easy cake mix recipes
There are tons of possibilities.
Here is the printable recipe for this easy crinkle cookies recipe.
Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c oil
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 box cake mix white is best for coloring
- food coloring
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl. Once mixed well cut dough in half and dye to desired color.
- Place dough in the fridge covered with plastic wrap or lid for thirty minutes.Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Roll tablespoon size balls in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees F.Remove and let cool before serving.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉