Lots of air fryer chicken breast recipes to choose from for your Ninja Foodi or other brand! Using fresh or frozen chicken, it’s easy to make a low carb, Keto, tasty dinner for your family now!
Need a few great air fryer chicken breast recipes to fill up your monthly meal plan? Me too. All. The. Time! I compiled a list of the best chicken air fryer recipes to make dinner prep easier. You’re welcome. 😉 (originally published 10/19, affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air fryer chicken recipes
- I have a Ninja Foodi, electric air fryer, and Ninja Foodi Grill so I can air fry everything
- any brand works my friends
Can you cook frozen chicken in an air fryer?
- We all do!!!
- I cannot be the only forgetful one out of the bunch here. 😉
We made this basic chicken recipe without any breading, so it’s Keto, but TONS of flavor. It comes out with a bit of crispy yum on the outside but tender like you love it on the inside.
With a very short cook time and minimal meal prep it’s the best chicken breast in the air fryer recipe you can use for a multitude of different meals.
This is what you need to make frozen air fryer chicken:
- Bag of frozen chicken breasts – 2 at a time fit comfortably
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
Ready for the best air fryer chicken parm recipe??!!
- Using fresh or thawed chicken breasts there is no breading on this air fryer chicken recipe which makes it healthier dinner choice. Smothered in spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese you’ll get all the Italian flavors you love in every bite.
- You’ll get juicy chicken every time you cook this.
- Add in tender noodles cooked separately and I bet your kids will love this one too.
Ingredients you’ll need for this Ninja Foodi chicken breast
- Chicken breasts
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
Then try these air fryer chicken kaboobs!
- With bite size chicken breast pieces and no breading involved you can have a low carb dinner with this.
- Skewers with protein and vegetables cooked to perfection, the outsides will have a bit of a crisp with tender insides.
- We serve them with air fryer tofu for the win.
Ingredients you will need to get started are:
- Chicken breasts
- boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces of chicken
- Wooden skewers
- Onion and/or red onion
- bell peppers can be used too
- Grape tomatoes
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bowl or freezer bag to marinate chicken
Air fryer chicken breast recipes
Like our air fryer stuffed chicken breast wrapped with BACON!!
- With warm cream cheese in the center with a little kick of jalapeno, you’re sure to get some OOHhhhs and AHhhhs when you serve this meal.
Ingredients you’ll need to make stuffed chicken:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Bacon – I prefer that they’re NOT thick slices
- Meat tenderizer
- Plastic wrap
- Toothpicks may be needed to secure bacon
Now you can use sliced chicken breast or already skinless and prepared tenders to make these. Lightly breaded chicken, it’s a great recipe when your kids love finger foods.
- With some light Italian breadcrumbs and some seasoning, Ninja Foodi chicken tenders are way better than frozen and bagged.
- We wrapped these in bacon as well which took them over the top but you could leave that off if you dare. 😉
- Here’s an air fryer chicken tenders no breading recipe too
What you’ll need to make these:
- Chicken tenders
- or breasts cut into small strips similar to chicken fingers
- Bread crumbs
- Bacon if you want to wrap them
Then move on to a batch of air fryer Southern fried chicken and see what you think!! Depending on the size of your breasts you might want to cut them in half for air frying. Air fryer teriyaki chicken bowls are yummy too.
Chicken in an air fryer
Always check internal temperature before serving. Insides should be at a min. 165 degrees F.
Can you stack chicken in an air fryer?
- No, you won’t get the desired crispiness you want. Hot air needs to circulate around each piece of food to create that deep fried texture you want. If they overlap you will prevent portions of each piece from crisping.
Can you put raw meat in an air fryer?
- Of course! Alongside with frozen meat, you can also cook raw meat in an air fryer.
- Roasting a whole chicken takes about 30 minutes. Some air fryers, such as Philips, come with a grill pan to put inside the air fryer as well.
Can aluminum foil be used in an air fryer?
- Technically yes. You could also use baking paper in the air fryer basket as long as it’s weighed down by the food.
- This technique is really not recommended though because air fryers works by providing a constant air flow around the cooking cavity. If you have it blocked by something like foil or baking paper, the foods won’t get as crispy.
Can you put battered food in an air fryer?
- Since you are cooking with dry heat it cannot solidify and crisp the wet batter in the way that hot oil can so NO. Instead, dip meat into some egg, then a plate with bread crumbs and place inside your basket.
- The next best step is to spray coated food with olive oil spray to help crisp the outsides.
- That’s your best bet vs using a wet tempura batter or otherwise.
Want something fast? Try a batch of frozen chicken tenders in air fryer as a meal or snack.
What’s the best thing to cook in an air fryer?
That answer would depend on whom you asked. For us we love air fryer vegetables to snack on. Many times I have both machines going at the same time to make everything crispy and delicious. Ok, my Instant Pot is usually going too.
- Air fryer dinners is where it’s at in 2019 I tell you. My oven hasn’t seen much of anything in a few years now, seriously.
- Have any left? Refer to our leftover chicken breast recipes post!
Want to move on to the best air fryer chicken wings recipe now?? You should!!