BBQ Ninja Foodi chicken breast with no breading is a low carb keto dinner that even your kids will love. Tender protein with a bit of crisp on the outside.
Want to make tender Ninja Foodi chicken breast for dinner? Not only is it healthy but it’s packed with flavor. Once you fall in love with this you should try our other easy Ninja Foodi recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (participant in the Amazon program, affiliate links present)
- If you’re still considering a Ninja Foodi you can find one here.
- This is our favorite cookbook.
- grab our free air fryer cooking times chart.
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Foodi Recipes Facebook group for
- Sign up for my free newsletter so you can get new recipes via. email too!
This is literally all that you need. It is best to use defrosted boneless skinless chicken breasts but if you only have frozen chicken we have directions for that too.
- If you want ALL THE THINGS including a bit of spice inside wrapped with bacon you can also try this air fryer stuffed chicken breast.
This is all you need for this easy Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipe though
- Defrosted boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Barbecue sauce
- Garlic powder
- A marinade brush is very helpful to have
Yes you can cook pressure cooker chicken and we do have a few Instant Pot recipes that feature this low fat meat choice BUT having the ability to air crisp the outside in the same pot is a game changer.
- Now that we air fry everything around here we’ve been experimenting with every food imaginable.
- From appetizers to dinner recipes there is literally nothing we’ve made in it that isn’t better than in the oven or on the stovetop.
- I bet you’ll think the same way in no time at all, you can even cook a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi.
Here are the steps to follow to make this:
- Mix 1/2 cup of your bbq sauce and water in a bowl, pour it into your pot.
- Place a trivet inside and lay your chicken breasts on the top.
- It’s kinda’ helpful to spray the rack with non stick spray so lifting them off later is easier.
- In a bowl mix together remaining barbecue sauce with seasonings and brush this over the top of your meat.
- Close pressure cook lid (one that isn’t attached), set steam valve to seal position.
- Cook on high for 6 minutes with a 3 minute natural release time.
- Remember it will take approximately 10 – 15 minutes to reach pressure initially.
- Do not quick release or meat will not fully cook and won’t become as tender.
- Time will vary depending on thickness of breasts, medium is best
- Pour out liquid in basket
- Place air fryer basket into pot with chicken inside
- You can brush additional sauce on the top for more packed on flavor.
- Close air crisp lid and set to 400 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until the top is as crisp as you’d like.
THIS answers the question of how to cook chicken breast in a Ninja Foodi and I bet you’ll love it. Try our Ninja Foodi chicken legs after that.
SO is a Ninja Foodi worth it?
- Even though it is double the cost of most pressure cookers I would say yes!
- If you think you’ll use the air frying or dehydrating functions frequently, but don’t want 2 or 3 different appliances this is great.
- You can see the differences between an Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi here. Then make a decision on your own.
How do you keep chicken from drying out?
- Pressure cook it first, then air fry the outsides just slightly to get a light crisp to it.
- Allow for a natural release of steam once it is done cooking. This will maintain the juiciness of the protein for sure.
- Allow it to rest once it is done. Once you’re finished cooking the chicken, leave it alone in aluminum foil for at least five minutes before you cut into it and serve.
What should I serve with chicken breast? Of course this is subjective but since we’re focusing on a low carb dish we will share options as such:
- We usually opt to make mixed air fryer vegetables with almost every meal.
- Our air fryer Hasselback potatoes are the best side dish, or appetizer really.
- The lowest caloric choice would be air fryer cabbage steaks!
Below is a printable recipe card with the entire recipe. Of course you can just bookmark this page and come back as often as you’d like because we love “seeing” you!
- We add new Ninja Foodi recipes to our site each and every week so stay tuned and follow The Typical Mom for more great family friendly ideas as well.
To get more easy recipes and free printables sign up for our newsletter here and enjoy!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- In a bowl mix together bbq sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl add 1/2 cup of this bbq sauce mixture + your water and whisk together. Pour this into the bottom of your Foodi pot.
- Lower down a trivet (the metal one your pot came with works perfect)
- Lay chicken breasts on rack and brush on remaining bbq sauce in your bowl on to meat.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure cook high for 6 minutes. Allow to naturally release pressure when done for 3 minutes. (timing will vary depending on how thick your breasts are, always check temp when done to ensure it's done in the middle)
- Lift off pressure cooker lid and set aside.
- Lift out rack with chicken, set aside, and pour out liquid at the bottom of your pot.
- Transfer meat into your air fryer basket and lower into your pot. (you can brush on more bbq sauce now if you want it really layered on)
- Take note: if you follow the next steps to get a bit of crisp on the outside it will dry your chicken out more than if you ate it without the air crisp function. Close air crisp lid and cook at 400 degrees for 4 minutes or until internal temp when removed is 160 degrees.