Here are some easy pudding cake recipes to make at home! Using cake mix or completely homemade they are super moist and one of our favorite desserts!
Here are a bunch of easy pudding cake recipes for you to try! Have you ever incorporated pudding or pudding mix into a cake? The first time I tried it I couldn’t believe how moist it made it and the added flavor it brought to an already delicious dessert. We have made everything from pumpkin in the fall to banana in the summertime.(originally published 12/17, affiliate links present)
Easy Pudding Cake Recipes
I am all about easy meal ideas and desserts. Any way to really amp up a traditional cake mix I love doing. It is quick and easy but makes it taste a bit more like homemade with this little addition.
Of course homemade cake is amazing. I have done that as well but most times I am in a rush and like to have this easy option.
What Does Adding Pudding to Cake Mix Do
Makes it SO SO moist! If you have these few ingredients at home you can pretty much make any flavor profile. You just need: cake mix, milk, eggs, oil, and a box of instant pudding. Match the flavor of the cake mix with your pudding and you will agree with me that it really takes it from good to amazing.
Like for our fall cake I used spice cake mix with vanilla pudding. It came out great, for our banana pudding cake I used yellow/white cake mix and banana pudding. Our egg nog cake is our latest creation and a perfect Christmas dessert to try.
- This easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe is a hit during the Fall. Any time of year it tastes fabulous!
- Our banana pudding cake is so moist and filled with not only banana flavor but chunks of banana pieces too!
- If you’re baking during the holidays you’ve got to try our egg nog pudding cake. With a little scoop of ice cream on top!
How do you add pudding to cake mix
You just add it dry right out of the box usually unless directed otherwise. The milk will mix in with it when stirred and thicken just as if you made it in a bowl. Gives crazy moisture to our White Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake and any other variety. Here are some more easy pudding cake recipes to choose from, butterscotch is on my list next weekend!
- This butterscotch bundt cake using pudding inside and looks delish!
- I’ve got to try this chocolate chunk rum cake with pudding inside this season!
- This pistachio cake with pudding inside brings a new flavor to the mix too.
- Hot fudge pudding cake can be made with devil’s food cake mix and milk…well, enough said!
Pudding Cake Recipe
If you want a NO bake, try this no bake cake recipe some time too. Ok so you can tweak it a bunch of different ways as you can see right?? I use cake mix always so I don’t have to measure out flour, sugar, baking powder etc…. This is what you will need to make the consistency just right;
- A box cake mix flavor of your choice
- 1 box instant pudding 3.4 oz., any flavor you choose
- 1.5 c milk or egg nog, or dairy free product like lactose free milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
Cake with Pudding Mix
I have made a variety of pudding cakes but typically use my 13×9″ baking pan, I have a glass one. Using a bundt pan is a great option too. I am on my way to make a chocolate pudding cake as we speak using that. It gives it a prettier look with really no more effort on your part. All you do is;
- Use a mixer on low speed and mix ingredients together until smooth, it will be thick!
- Spray non stick spray inside your 13×9 inch baking dish and pour your cake batter in.
- Spread so it is the same thickness all the way across the pan. Put pan on middle rack into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 34 minutes
- (just until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, do NOT over-bake).
- Allow to cool almost completely inside the pan if you want pieces to come out very clean with straight edges. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top and enjoy.
How to Make a Pudding Cake
I will say that using a bundt pan does make it a bit drier though overall, but have done it with our Duncan Hines lemon bundt cake. Since it browns on the bottom/top when you flip it over but both are good. If you do have leftovers you’ll want to store in a sealed container or wrap with plastic wrap and store in your fridge for up to 3 days. Cold is actually great but you could warm it up too in the microwave.
- Pineapple bundt poke cake
- Gluten free raspberry vanilla pudding bundt cake
- In the summertime lemon pudding cake would be a great dessert for a barbecue!
Now Instant Pot bread pudding doesn’t actually use the latter word in it but is so moist you’d think that it did. If you have never baked in your pressure cooker it is kinda’ a fun experiment you’ll love. You have to try it and this is a great place to start.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pudding Cake Recipes
- 1 9×13 pan
- Use a mixer on low speed and mix ingredients together until smooth, it will be thick! Spray non stick spray inside your 13×9 inch cake pan and spoon mixture in.
- Spread so it is the same thickness all the way across the pan. Put pan on middle rack into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 34 minutes (just until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, do NOT over-bake).
- Allow to cool almost completely inside the pan if you want pieces to come out very clean with straight edges.