The most delicious pumpkin banana bread recipe is here! Perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert paired with a cup of coffee this holiday season or year round. If you love banana and pumpkin bread this is a great twist on your traditional sweet bread recipe. Perfect for any occasion.
I love baking with my kids during the holidays! Better yet I love recreating recipes I had as a child that bring back special memories. For me, this pumpkin banana bread recipe is one of those foods. A version made by my grandmother each year around this time of year, I made it with my girls recently and it gave us an opportunity to talk about her…it was pretty special. This holiday season Folgers® is partnering with StoryCorps, and the Great Thanksgiving Listen program to encourage families to share their own special memories, traditions, stories, and reconnect over a cup of coffee. This post has been sponsored by the J.M. Smucker Company. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Doesn’t this look amazing??!! Well, it tastes even better. If you love homemade banana and pumpkin bread you are going to LOVE this combination. The moistest and most flavorful sweet bread you’ll ever try, that is perfect paired with a cup of coffee (a glass of juice for them), as well as a great gift for someone special too.
During the holidays all it takes is a loved one to share your stories and memories with to make you smile (ok and tear up a bit at times too). We all have a recipe that immediately brings you back to your childhood, and remember someone special sitting at the kitchen table snacking on it with a cup of Folgers® next to a fireplace…right??!! I can see my memory right now. These memories are not only special for us but great to share with your kids too, they love hearing about them!
I know firsthand that life gets busy, especially during the holidays, but don’t wait….take one hour this year to sit down with someone you care about over a cup of coffee and ask about their life if they’re still around. Or….. share a story about that special someone with your spouse or children so they can carry that memory on themselves.
Think about possibly recording your conversation together, whether using the StoryCorps App, a tape recorder, video camera, or computer that you have in the house. Years from now, you will cherish being able to listen to and share the voices and stories of the people who mattered most in your life. I so wish I had done this with my grandma and grandpa…it makes me tear up right now thinking of how I wish I could hear their voices again if I had.
If you don’t have a special family recipe, create one of your own right now….or use mine and let the memories begin!
This is what you’ll need and how you make our pumpkin banana bread recipe, we hope you love it as much as we have.
- Pumpkin – canned
- Brown sugar
- Overripe bananas
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/3 c pumpkin in the can
- 2.5 c flour all-purpose
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 bananas as overripe as possible, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c oil
- 1/2 c walnuts chopped, optional
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Use a mixer on low to mix your sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil together.
- Mash your overripe bananas and add to this bowl, mix on low until combined....will be lumpy.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well so they are evenly distributed.
- Add half of your dry mixture to your wet mixture and use mixer on low to combine, it will be a bit lumpy that is okay.
- Add remaining dry mixture and mix until no dry is remaining.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and fill 3/4 full.
- There will be some left, you can make a few muffins or I use mini loaf pans for remainder.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes for the large loaf or until the middle feels like it has barely firmed up - toothpick comes out clean. (do NOT over bake or it won't be as moist)
- If making mini loaves bake at same time but only about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out and put on cooling rack until almost completely cooled before flipping over and cutting. Serve with a cup of Folgers coffee and enjoy!
What family member would you love to sit down and have a cup of coffee with and hear their story?? There are probably a few, I know there are for me! Before sitting down with them, use StoryCorps’ Great Questions list to plan your questions, or write your own. If you can, share the questions with them in advance.
This simple preparation will help you get the most out of your time together and record it if you can. The sound of their voice in of itself will be a great memory for you and something really incredible to share with your kids!
Visit the Folgers website for a chance to win a real-life reunion with a loved one, learn more about Folgers© and see contest Official Rules.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Folgers® . The opinions and text are all mine.