Have you tried pumpkin angel food cake yet? It’s the perfect 3 ingredient dump cake Fall dessert that’s light and only 4 points if you’re counting those.
This pumpkin angel food cake tops the list of easy dump cake recipes right now! With just 3 ingredients, it’s easy to whip together for my family or bring to a potluck. It’s always a huge hit! (originally published 10/18, affiliate links present)
Seriously, this is just about everything you need…….
I like to add pumpkin pie spice to it as well but if you didn’t have any it would be yummy anyway.
I have made tons of easy dump cakes but anything with pumpkin is probably my favorite, I am a little bit addicted to that flavor and can seriously eat it year round like we do with this pumpkin pie dump cake.
Ok follow along, this will be quick……
Pumpkin angel food cake
- Angel food cake pan – this tube pan is the best
Or a bundt pan – I bought this Autumn bunt pan with a leaf pattern and love it
- Water – everyone has that already
- 1 box of angel food cake mix – I just order this one online
- Pumpkin puree – I buy several of these once August hits, or I’ve made homemade pressure cooker pumpkin puree too
- Pumpkin pie spice – Already in my pantry but if you don’t have any yet you can find it here (I prefer powdered vs. liquid)
- Bowl to combine pumpkin mixture
- Cool whip, powdered sugar or whip cream if you want a bit on top once it’s golden brown
You’ll want to have a large serving plate handy if you want to serve it whole and slice it at the table.
Tips for making the best pumpkin angel food cake
First, whip together your water and angel food cake mix until the “batter” starts to rise and puff up kinda’ like a meringue texture would be.
- You can use a mixer on low/medium speed until this occurs.
- Many times I am lazy and don’t want to try and find my mixer so I just use a spatula to whip it up using my wrist for about 2 minutes and it works just fine.
- Gently fold in your pumpkin puree 1/2 can at a time so the batter remains pretty fluffy, but it will deflate a bit either way.
- Spray the inside of your bundt pan ever so lightly just so it will slide out but not so much that the cake won’t be able to grip the sides and rise.
Remember with traditional angel food cake you don’t want to spray the sides at all.
Allow your pumpkin and angel food cake dessert to cool in your bundt pan on a cooling rack once you take it out before very gently flipping it over on to a cake plate and removing your pan.
Now that we have all the tips and tricks out of the way, you can get going with your new favorite Fall dessert!
It is still nice and fluffy like an angel food cake but with a hint of pumpkin and great with a squeeze of cream cheese frosting on top!!
- If you leave the frosting off it’s just 4 Weight Watchers points which is great if you’re following the program and need something sweet to tide you over.
I have made other angel food cake mix recipes too that are quite delicious you can try!
Tip: prepare the angel food mix with water as directed so it “fluffs up” first, then add your can of pumpkin spiced ingredients. It will maintain that fluffy cake texture vs. making it dense.
I do this with the recipes above where I add pie filling and if you don’t you’ll regret it. One thing at a time = perfection.
Once you’re done enjoying this, here are a few other easy pumpkin desserts you might enjoy:
- Instant Pot angel food cake and pumpkin chocolate bread are great
- Chocolate angel food cake has just 3 ingredients
- Pumpkin zucchini muffins or pumpkin blondies with cake mix are yummy
- Homemade pumpkin butter goes well on toast. Our root beer cake only has 2 ingredients.
Here’s the printable recipe with just 1 gram of saturated fat per serving and only 4 Weight Watcher points (this stat a reader shared with me to include)!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl add your whole box of angel food cake mix and water (if it has a separate egg white packet, add that too). I use a rubber spatula to whip it up for about 2 minutes until it is nice and fluffy and has puffed up in the bowl – you don't want to overmix it, once it becomes light and frothy, stop stirring.
- Sprinkle in your pumpkin pie spice.
- Add half your can of pumpkin puree and use a spatula to fold in until well combined, then add remaining half and do the same thing. Like I said, only stir enough to combine, then stop.
- Once combined use spatula to “cut” thru the batter a few times to release any air bubbles that are trapped.
- Very lightly spray non stick spray inside your bundt pan and pour mixture in.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until middle of bundt cake springs back when touched gently, get it right when it starts to spring back so it maintains it’s moisture and comes out really moist but all the way cooked thru.
- Cool completely in pan, then gently flip over on to a cake plate and it should slide out. Cut with serrated knife and serve. Can squeeze some cream cheese frosting on the top!