Easy Instant Pot chicken recipes for your family are here! We love this fancy pressure cooker and InstaPot chicken can be cooked in no time at all. We have made tender frozen chicken in the too! Check out this long list of really healthy meals your family will love.
I got this fancy pressure cooker last Christmas and was kinda’ scared. After using it a few times and couldn’t stop making easy Instant Pot chicken recipes! Now I have more easy Instant Pot recipes on The Typical Mom. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
- We’ll teach you how to cook the chicken so it’s tender and have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less here.
From Panda Express copycat black pepper chicken Instant Pot to teriyaki, bbq and much more you’re bound to find a winner for dinner.
Chicken in the Instant Pot
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot chicken recipes
There are lots of different parts of these birds you can cook right?? Well we use them all, except the inners. I throw those out. We will share them all though:
- Instant Pot chicken breast recipes
- Best Instant Pot chicken thigh recipes
- We love Instant Pot wing recipes
AND of course you can cook a whole chicken in a pressure cooker all day long. Serve it up in pieces or create the most wonderful shredded chicken you won’t be able to resist tossed with your favorite sauces.
I don’t know about you but we eat a lot of this white (or dark) meat at our house. Ever since my youngest was born it was the one thing she always asked for.
It didn’t really make a difference how I made it: grilled, baked, smoked, she just wanted CHICKEN! As soon as I got my pot I quickly focused on this protein so I could cook it more often, and much quicker.
I absolutely love my Instant Pot because I can cook an entire meal in less than 20 minutes usually.
- Most times that includes prep time too! I rarely use the slow cooker function on it.
- I actually tell people not to use it as a Crockpot because it doesn’t work well at all for that. I’m not the only one who thinks that, use it for pressure cooking and stop there my friends. 😉
Almost all use high pressure and are done in less than 30 minutes.
If you have a Ninja Foodi you can use that pot too to make pressure cooker Mexican chicken and rice and every other one here.
From frozen chicken thighs in Instant Pot to fresh we will share them all with you.
I use high for almost everything I make in any of my pressure cookers including my easy Ninja Foodi recipes. From breasts, to thighs and Instant Pot frozen chicken wings I think this works best.
You can also make air fryer frozen chicken wings if you have that small kitchen appliance. Or pressure cook, then crisp in there when done.
12-14 minutes with a bit of a natural release is typical. Of course this will vary slightly depending on how thick they are. I always suggest medium sizes so it cooks evenly through.
Follow our frozen chicken legs Instant Pot recipe for that cut.
Tell us which ones are your favorites. If you’ve tried one you love that isn’t on our list yet let us know! Let’s start with this Instant Pot cajun chicken pasta and our yummy Instant Pot sesame chicken which is a great recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipes
You really can use either breasts or thighs for any of these. I suggest cubing boneless, skinless meat almost every time. It gets done faster and cooks more consistently that way.
Pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup is amazing year round. It will be eaten fast and you’ll reach the bottom of the pot quickly!
- And this feel good soup is great when you’re under the weather. Just throw it all in with a quick release and bam dinner is done.
- And our Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in recipe rocks too, make Instant Pot honey mustard chicken if you prefer boneless.
- These are instructions to cook Instant Pot frozen chicken thighs
Instant Pot Chicken Thigh Recipes
One of our most popular Instant Pot chicken recipe is our Instant Pot crack chicken pasta dish. It’s just like the cream cheese chicken casserole you had growing up.
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup – If you want a really quick and healthy meal this one is fantastic. You can use our Instapot chicken broth recipe too for the stock.
Something new might be a batch of Instant Pot chicken shawarma! Have you tried this yet?
Simple and healthy Instant Pot chicken cacciatore is great. With just a jar of spaghetti sauce, some bell peppers and meat it’s super cheap too.
- Then give our Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken a whirl
- Instant Pot crack chicken casserole is just what it says…addictive!
If you love spicy spicy and more you’ll love this Instant Pot buffalo chicken.
- Our Instant Pot chicken pasta recipe is super easy
Look below at our Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole that my kids kinda’ came up with. One pot meals with every ingredient fitting on a forkful are winners around here.
- Pressure cooker frozen chicken wings are great too because you can throw them in rock hard frozen and they’re done and fall off the bone in no time at all!!
Our newest Instant Pot buffalo chicken dish is great served as sliders for a party.
Now let’s talk about one pot meals to make meal prepping and dinner super easy. Try our Instant Pot chicken and potatoes recipe and you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s one of our favorite quick chicken thigh recipes.
- Creamy Instant Pot chicken mushroom casserole is great. It’s a thick feel good comfort food that my kids ask for constantly.
For almost all of these dishes you would release the pressure quickly. Especially if you’re including pasta you don’t want a natural release because they’ll become too mushy and that’s no good.
Add a crunch with this Pressure cooker Dorito casserole it is always a winner
How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot – This works great when shredding chicken and making sliders.
- Instant Pot cashew chicken is a must. I bet you’ve had it at restaurants, but now you can adjust the heat at home.
- Pressure cooker creamy chicken and rice casserole is a twist on our first one. Adding a thicker heartier sauce was great.
Now let’s move on to a few more Instant Pot dinner recipes that everyone will love. Many are low fat but full of flavor so there’s no worry about that.
- This pressure cooker coconut chicken is a dairy free Instant Pot recipe
- Our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs are great with soy sauce and a bit or a lot of spice. I HIGHLY recommend you make this!
If you’re looking for something kids will love and brings you back to the basics this Instant Pot chicken legs recipes (two ways) is great!
Here are a few more pressure cooker chicken recipes we love…..
One of the most popular Instant Pot chicken recipes on The Typical Mom blog is the one below for honey chicken that you can make spicy or not.
Instant Pot spicy honey chicken and rice – You can make this mild and just make it sweet and sticky honey chicken which is wonderful. Add some sriracha like we do and give it a nice spice too, either way it’s amazing.
- Healthy Instant Pot orange chicken recipe – This is not breaded so it is a healthier version, our Instant Pot sweet and sour chicken is great too.
- 3 ingredient Instant Pot teriyaki chicken cooks in just minutes. Of course it depends on the size you’re cooking but it’s FAST.
Looking to use quinoa, then try our Pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
Frozen Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If you are forgetful, like me, you’ll love tips on how to cook a frozen chicken in Instant Pot so easily. You’ll be surprised at just how tender it becomes. Fork tender x1000.
- Our Instant Pot shredded chicken is great on small sweet buns as an appetizer or fun dinner.
- This Instant Pot whole chicken – I will not make a whole chicken any other way now.
- If you haven’t cooked a fall apart Instant Pot whole chicken yet it’s a game changer.
- Pressure cooker beer can chicken is fall off the bone delicious
Looking for a family favorite dish made in no time at all, try our Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe.
A pot of chicken marsala Instant Pot style is great. Use cutlets for a really cheap kid friendly meal.
Need something with just 3 ingredients? Try Instant Pot teriyaki chicken some night over a bed of brown rice. Want it a bit sweeter? Give our hoisin chicken a whirl the next night and see which you like better.
- Pressure cooker moo goo gai pan is a gluten free option
- This Pressure cooker firecracker chicken is amazing
Our most popular recipe is probably this Instant Pot chicken and rice dish.
For simple to the max we have mustard chicken and Instant Pot orange chicken that also only has a handful of items needed. With NO breading it is healthier than the one at Panda Express with the same great flavors.
Instant Pot butter chicken – of course everyone has their preference of spice levels, mine is mild but you can make it spicier.
Simple Instant Pot Recipes
Enjoy these healthy electric pressure cooker recipes and let us know which ones are your favorite!
Here are a few more to try for dinner:
- Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole was a fun one to create. I mean you know the soup but with a thicker sauce it takes it from good to OH MY.
- Then try Instant Pot chicken taco bowls. You can load these babies up with some black beans, sour cream and avocado.
You can see here our Instant Pot lemon chicken pasta we made the other night.
Looking for easy Instant Pot dessert recipes?
- Instant Pot rice pudding is our most popular. Totally homemade but doesn’t take long to make at all. If I have a gallon of milk about to expire I always make a big batch of this.
- Chocolatey Pressure cooker brownies we make have a bit of peanut butter in the middle too!
- Fruity Instant Pot pineapple upside down cake is fun for just a few of you.
In this post I made a video compilation of a few of our favorites. Watch it because it gives you a great idea of just how easy many of these are, like our salsa chicken you’ll see at the end.