Easy Instant Pot chicken recipes for your family are here! We love this fancy pressure cooker and InstaPot chicken can be cooked in no time at all. We have made tender frozen chicken in the too! Check out this long list of really healthy meals your family will love.
I got this fancy pressure cooker last Christmas and was kinda’ scared. After using it a few times and couldn’t stop making easy Instant Pot chicken recipes! Now I have more easy Instant Pot recipes on The Typical Mom. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
Insta Pot Chicken Recipes
We’ll teach you how to cook the chicken so it’s tender and have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less here. Have leftovers? We even have a bunch of Instant Pot leftover chicken recipes for you.
From Panda Express copycat black pepper chicken Instant Pot to teriyaki, bbq and much more you’re bound to find a winner for dinner. You can make these as easy Ninja Foodi recipes or with any brand of pot you have.
Chicken in the Instant Pot
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot chicken recipes
There are lots of different parts of these birds you can cook right?? Well we use them all, except the inners. I throw those out. We will share them all though:
- Instant Pot chicken breast recipes
- Best Instant Pot chicken thigh recipes
- We love Instant Pot wing recipes
It is really easy to cook the whole thing all at once too though. Way faster than when my mom did it as a kid in the oven. Comes out so tender and moist, falling off the bone when you lift that baby out.
They are not just cooked with the meat alone though. Choices like our old fashioned cabbage soup has lots of other ingredients too. You can use leftover chicken in most of those if you don’t have fresh on hand. We do that with this Instant Pot fajita soup and many others.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes for Beginners
AND of course you can cook a whole chicken in a pressure cooker all day long. Serve it up in pieces or create the most wonderful shredded chicken you won’t be able to resist tossed with your favorite sauces.
I don’t know about you but we eat a lot of this white (or dark) meat at our house. Ever since my youngest was born it was the one thing she always asked for.
It didn’t really make a difference how I made it: grilled, baked, smoked, she just wanted CHICKEN! As soon as I got my pot I quickly focused on this protein so I could cook it more often, and much quicker.
Popular Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
I absolutely love my Instant Pot because I can cook an entire meal in less than 20 minutes usually.
- Most times that includes prep time too! I rarely use the slow cooker function on it.
- I actually tell people not to use it as a Crockpot because it doesn’t work well at all for that. I’m not the only one who thinks that, use it for pressure cooking and stop there my friends. 😉
Now I use my Ninja Foodi to make these same dishes as well. The brand doesn’t really even matter. They all work basically the same: Crockpot Express and Mealthy included.
Almost all use high pressure and are done in less than 30 minutes like our Instant Pot French Onion Chicken and lots more to choose from below;
I have a lot of Instant Pot recipes to choose from and now you can turn your IP into an air fryer with this CrispLid too! This is convenient when you want to make pressure cooker cornish hens and crisp the skin at the end.
If you have a Ninja Foodi you can use that pot too to make pressure cooker Mexican chicken and rice and every other one here.
How do I cook chicken in my Instant Pot?
From frozen chicken thighs in Instant Pot to fresh we will share them all with you. The timing doesn’t change a lot surprisingly enough if it starts as rock hard, it will just have more liquid than fresh.
I use high for almost everything I make in any of my pressure cookers including my easy Ninja Foodi recipes. From breasts, to thighs and Instant Pot frozen chicken wings I think this works best.
You can also make air fryer frozen chicken wings if you have that small kitchen appliance. Or pressure cook, then crisp in there when done.
12-14 minutes with a bit of a natural release is typical. Of course this will vary slightly depending on how thick they are. I always suggest medium sizes so it cooks evenly through.
Follow our frozen chicken legs Instant Pot recipe for that cut.
Tell us which ones are your favorites. If you’ve tried one you love that isn’t on our list yet let us know! Let’s start with this Instant Pot cajun chicken pasta and our yummy Instant Pot sesame chicken which is a great recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipes
You really can use either breasts or thighs for any of these. I suggest cubing boneless, skinless meat almost every time. It gets done faster and cooks more consistently that way. White and dark meat works with our Mississippi chicken Instant Pot recipe, and all of these really.
Pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup is amazing year round. It will be eaten fast and you’ll reach the bottom of the pot quickly!
- And this feel good soup is great when you’re under the weather. Just throw it all in with a quick release and bam dinner is done.
- You can use breasts or thighs for Instant Pot cheesy chicken and rice
- And our Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in recipe rocks too, make Instant Pot honey mustard chicken if you prefer boneless.
Instant Pot Chicken Thigh Recipes
One of our most popular Instant Pot chicken recipe is our Instant Pot crack chicken pasta dish. It’s just like the cream cheese chicken casserole you had growing up.
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup – If you want a really quick and healthy meal this one is fantastic. You can use our Instapot chicken broth recipe too for the stock.
Simple and healthy Instant Pot chicken cacciatore is great. With just a jar of spaghetti sauce, some bell peppers and meat it’s super cheap too.
- Then give our Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken a whirl
- Instant Pot crack chicken casserole is just what it says…addictive!
If you love spicy spicy and more you’ll love this Instant Pot buffalo chicken.
- Our Instant Pot chicken pasta recipe is super easy
Look below at our Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole that my kids kinda’ came up with. One pot meals with every ingredient fitting on a forkful are winners around here.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes Healthy
- Pressure cooker frozen chicken wings are great too because you can throw them in rock hard frozen and they’re done and fall off the bone in no time at all!!
Now let’s talk about one pot meals to make meal prepping and dinner super easy. Try our Instant Pot chicken and potatoes recipe and you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s one of our favorite quick chicken thigh recipes.
Best Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Instant Pot chicken mushroom casserole is great. It’s a thick feel good comfort food that my kids ask for constantly.
A one pot meal with veggies and protein is always great. Add carrots, taters and broccoli with poultry for Instant Pot chicken and vegetables.
For almost all of these dishes you would release the pressure quickly. Especially if you’re including pasta you don’t want a natural release because they’ll become too mushy and that’s no good.
Add a crunch with this Pressure cooker Dorito casserole it is always a winner
How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot – This works great when shredding chicken and making sliders.
- Instant Pot cashew chicken is a must. I bet you’ve had it at restaurants, but now you can adjust the heat at home.
- Pressure cooker creamy chicken and rice casserole is a twist on our first one. Adding a thicker heartier sauce was great.
Now let’s move on to a few more Instant Pot dinner recipes that everyone will love. Many are low fat but full of flavor so there’s no worry about that.
- This pressure cooker coconut chicken is a dairy free Instant Pot recipe
- Our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs are great with soy sauce and a bit or a lot of spice. I HIGHLY recommend you make this!
If you’re looking for something kids will love and brings you back to the basics this Instant Pot chicken legs recipes (two ways) is great!
Here are a few more pressure cooker chicken recipes we love…..
One of the most popular Instant Pot chicken recipes on The Typical Mom blog is the one below for honey chicken that you can make spicy or not.
Instant Pot spicy honey chicken and rice – You can make this mild and just make it sweet and sticky honey chicken which is wonderful. Add some sriracha like we do and give it a nice spice too, either way it’s amazing.
- Healthy Instant Pot orange chicken recipe – This is not breaded so it is a healthier version, our Instant Pot sweet and sour chicken is great too.
- 3 ingredient Instant Pot teriyaki chicken cooks in just minutes. Of course it depends on the size you’re cooking but it’s FAST.
Looking to use quinoa, then try our Pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
Frozen Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If you are forgetful, like me, you’ll love tips on how to cook a frozen chicken in Instant Pot so easily. You’ll be surprised at just how tender it becomes. Fork tender x1000.
- Our Instant Pot shredded chicken is great on small sweet buns as an appetizer or fun dinner.
- Combine grains, meat and veggies with our Instant Pot chicken thighs and rice dish.
- This Instant Pot whole chicken – I will not make a whole chicken any other way now.
- If you haven’t cooked a fall apart Instant Pot whole chicken yet it’s a game changer.
- Pressure cooker beer can chicken is fall off the bone delicious
Looking for a family favorite dish made in no time at all, try our Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe.
A pot of chicken marsala Instant Pot style is great. Use cutlets for a really cheap kid friendly meal.
Need something with just 3 ingredients? Try Instant Pot teriyaki chicken some night over a bed of brown rice. Want it a bit sweeter? Give our hoisin chicken a whirl the next night and see which you like better.
- Pressure cooker moo goo gai pan is a gluten free option
- This Pressure cooker firecracker chicken is amazing
Our most popular recipe is probably this Instant Pot chicken and rice dish.
For simple to the max we have mustard chicken and Instant Pot orange chicken that also only has a handful of items needed. With NO breading it is healthier than the one at Panda Express with the same great flavors.
Instant Pot butter chicken – of course everyone has their preference of spice levels, mine is mild but you can make it spicier.
Simple Instant Pot Recipes
Enjoy these healthy electric pressure cooker recipes and let us know which ones are your favorite!
Here are a few more to try for dinner:
- Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole was a fun one to create. I mean you know the soup but with a thicker sauce it takes it from good to OH MY.
- Then try Instant Pot chicken taco bowls. You can load these babies up with some black beans, sour cream and avocado.
You can see here our Instant Pot lemon chicken pasta we made the other night.
Looking for easy Instant Pot dessert recipes?
- Instant Pot rice pudding is our most popular. Totally homemade but doesn’t take long to make at all. If I have a gallon of milk about to expire I always make a big batch of this.
- Chocolatey Pressure cooker brownies we make have a bit of peanut butter in the middle too!
- Fruity Instant Pot pineapple upside down cake is fun for just a few of you.
In this post I made a video compilation of a few of our favorites. Watch it because it gives you a great idea of just how easy many of these are, like our salsa chicken you’ll see at the end.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Set pot to saute and add olive oil with chicken, brown on all sides and then turn pot off. Remove meat and add some broth to deglaze your pot. Return chicken.
- Sprinkle all seasonings on top of meat. Pour in canned corn and beans with broth poured on top. Sprinkle in rice, do not stir. Pour salsa over the top so rice is covered.
- Close lid and set to high pressure for 12 minutes with a 2 minute natural release. Let out rest of steam, shred chicken if desired and serve together.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉