Ninja Foodi rice both brown and white is easy to make! Here are tips on how to make the best pressure cooker rice so it’s done fluffy every single time.
Making Ninja Foodi rice is simple really. But if you’re new to making any Ninja Foodi recipes then this will be quite helpful. We make brown and white rice several times a week. Whether we’re serving it plain with butter on top for a snack or with chicken or beef served on top it’s a cheap dish we love.
Ninja Foodi rice directions are different from our Instant Pot white rice. In this post we’re sharing how to make fluffy brown rice too.
It is versatile, naturally gluten free, and brown rice has fiber in it which we all need.
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. 😉
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
I will admit that we make white rice in the pressure cooker 90% of the time. My kids prefer that, and I kinda’ do too. I am however trying to eat healthier and brown rice is on my radar to integrate into my diet more often.
- Using the timing below to make Ninja Foodi rice will ensure that you’ll have fluffy white or pressure cooker brown rice every single time!
Tips for making the perfect pressure cooker rice
- After combining your rice and water stir them together
- Keep track of timing when it is done
- Do a 10 minute natural release for white rice
- Allow brown rice to naturally release steam for 5 minutes, then release the rest immediately after that
- Fluff when done
- Turn pot off when done. I even transfer it to a serving bowl so it doesn’t continue to cook in the pot.
- Serve immediately for best results
What you need to make rice in your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer
- you can also use half water and half broth
- You literally need NO Ninja Foodi accessories to make this
Things to serve over rice
- Our Ninja Foodi roast recipe was served with white rice
- Pressure cooker beef and broccoli is on top a bed of rice
- This mild chili recipe.
- Our pressure cooker spicy honey chicken is amazing too
- We put pressure cooker chili on top all of the time
Find more Ninja Foodi recipes here too!
This is the best rice recipe for pressure cookers. You won’t be disappointed.
Note: higher altitudes may require more water to get the same results.
Ninja Foodi Rice
- 2 c rice
- Add 2 cups of brown or white rice into your Ninja Foodi.
- If making white rice add 2 1/2 cups water. If making brown rice add 2 1/4 cups water. (amount of water will vary depending on how wet or dry you like it)
- Put pressure cooker lid on (one that isn’t attached) and put steam valve to sealing.
- Turn pot on, press pressure, leave on High setting, and adjust timing to 2 minutes for white rice or 15 minutes for brown rice.
- If making white rice do a natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release when done.If making brown rice allow it to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, then release rest of pressure.
- Fluff and serve!