Ninja Foodi sausage is a great dinner! Using fresh or frozen brats or sausage links you can make them tender on the inside with that snap on the outside in your air fryer!
Do you have an air fryer and looking for an easy dinner idea? Well Ninja Foodi sausage is not only simple, but inexpensive and loved by everyone in our house. One of many Ninja Foodi recipes you’re sure to love these. (affiliate links present, originally published 5/19)
Love this new device of yours and ready to make all the things in it, like Ninja Foodi sausage patties and more?? We did too.
Once we got the hang of it and were using it on a daily basis I thought we’d share our favorite creations with all of you. Enjoy and let us know what you’ve been cooking up lately below too.
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Air Fry Brats
We started with frozen sausage but the cook time is identical really if they are fresh.
So we first made Instant Pot brats and they were good BUT using an air fryer is even better!
Let’s start with the basics shall we:
- This is where to buy the Ninja Cooking system.
- You can also grab a free recipe book here.
- You can print this free cook times sheet too
- Make these in a Ninja Foodi Grill too.
This is the brand and amount we used to make Ninja Foodi sausage. Johnsonville Italian sweet sausage. Their beer brats are great too.
- I loaded up when they offered buy one get one free at the store and threw them in my big freezer. That is the way to do it! Then when the last thing you want to do is go to the store you have something on hand.
Let me tell you, it is REALLY handy to know this and how to cook frozen chicken in a pressure cooker. Why? Because I don’t always have my “stuff” together and remember to defrost what I’m planning to cook for dinner.
Yep, you just the Ninja Foodi sausage links right into your air fryer basket. Done!
You are going to use both functions to make these. You’ll want to pressure cook them for a few minutes to get them tender on the inside.
- Then to get that snap on the outside casing you will want to use the air fryer setting! Literally in less than 15 minutes they’ll be done.
From rock hard FROZEN to perfection in that short amount of time.
I know…GAME CHANGER!!
- If you’re looking for pressure cooker dinner recipes this is a great one. If you don’t have the Foodi you can throw them under the broiler for a few minutes when they’re done to crisp the outside.
BUT if you’re looking for an all in one kitchen appliance this is so worth it!
What goes well with sausage?
- Baked Beans goes well with these as well as air fryer sausage links
- Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Spicy Mustard inside Buns
- Potato Salad
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread
What you need to make these:
- Package of sausage or bratwurst
- Olive oil spray
We cook these quite often because they’re really inexpensive, quick, and there’s NO need to wait for Oktoberfest to eat them! You can use them inside Hawaiian lettuce wraps too.
There are many Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes we love, but you should try these next!
- Bacon wrapped air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer wings recipe
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta
- Our Ninja Foodi stew is great
- How to make chicken nuggets in an air fryer
- Pork loin
If you wanna make pressure cooker bangers and mash we’ve done that too. You can follow the same instructions as I use for the Instant Pot version but crispy the outsides at the end!
- Recently we made air fryer sausage and potatoes cooked together and that was a game changer!
Printable recipe for air fryer sausage below:
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Ninja Foodi Sausage
- 6 sausage
- olive oil spray
- Pour 1.5 c water into your Foodi. Place air fryer basket inside pot, spray inside with non stick spray, and put sausage links inside. Close pressure cooker lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release when done and remove lid. Spray links with olive oil and close air crisp lid. Set to air crisp, 400 degrees for 8 min flipping halfway through so both sides get browned.
- Remove and eat as you'd like.