Ninja Foodi sausage is a great dinner! Using fresh or frozen brats or sausage links you can make them tender on the inside with that snap on the outside in your air fryer!
Do you have an air fryer and looking for an easy dinner idea? Well Ninja Foodi sausage is not only simple, but inexpensive and loved by everyone in our house. One of many Ninja Foodi recipes you’re sure to love these. (affiliate links present, originally published 5/19)
Love this new device of yours and ready to make all the things in it, like Ninja Foodi sausage patties and more?? We did too.
Once we got the hang of it and were using it on a daily basis I thought we’d share our favorite creations with all of you. Enjoy and let us know what you’ve been cooking up lately below too.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything!
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cooking times chart here for your fridge.
- Be sure to save this link to Instant Pot recipes for beginners too. You can use any of those in your pot too.
- Grab a set of wooden utensils to work with. They are great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes – Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. Thousands of others share both pressure cooker and air fryer recipe ideas there daily and you can too!
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Air Fry Brats
We started with frozen sausage but the cook time is identical really if they are fresh.
So we first made Instant Pot brats and they were good BUT using an air fryer is even better!
Let’s start with the basics shall we:
- This is where to buy the Ninja Cooking system.
- You can also grab a free recipe book here.
- You can print this free cook times sheet too
- Make these in a Ninja Foodi Grill too.
This is the brand and amount we used to make Ninja Foodi sausage. Johnsonville Italian sweet sausage. Their beer brats are great too.
- I loaded up when they offered buy one get one free at the store and threw them in my big freezer. That is the way to do it! Then when the last thing you want to do is go to the store you have something on hand.
Let me tell you, it is REALLY handy to know this and how to cook frozen chicken in a pressure cooker. Why? Because I don’t always have my “stuff” together and remember to defrost what I’m planning to cook for dinner.
Yep, you just the Ninja Foodi sausage links right into your air fryer basket. Done!
You are going to use both functions to make these. You’ll want to pressure cook them for a few minutes to get them tender on the inside.
- Then to get that snap on the outside casing you will want to use the air fryer setting! Literally in less than 15 minutes they’ll be done.
From rock hard FROZEN to perfection in that short amount of time.
I know…GAME CHANGER!!
- If you’re looking for pressure cooker dinner recipes this is a great one. If you don’t have the Foodi you can throw them under the broiler for a few minutes when they’re done to crisp the outside.
BUT if you’re looking for an all in one kitchen appliance this is so worth it!
What goes well with sausage?
- Baked Beans goes well with these as well as air fryer sausage links
- Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Spicy Mustard inside Buns
- Potato Salad
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread
What you need to make these:
- Package of sausage or bratwurst
- Olive oil spray
We cook these quite often because they’re really inexpensive, quick, and there’s NO need to wait for Oktoberfest to eat them! You can use them inside Hawaiian lettuce wraps too.
There are many Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes we love, but you should try these next!
- Bacon wrapped air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer wings recipe
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta
- Our Ninja Foodi stew is great
- How to make chicken nuggets in an air fryer
- Pork loin
If you wanna make pressure cooker bangers and mash we’ve done that too. You can follow the same instructions as I use for the Instant Pot version but crispy the outsides at the end!
If you want to make sausage and peppers which is similar to this but with a tomato sauce and lots of bell peppers you should! Our pressure cooker sausage soup is amazing too.
- Recently we made air fryer sausage and potatoes cooked together and that was a game changer!
Printable recipe for air fryer sausage below:
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Sausage
- 6 sausage
- olive oil spray
- Pour 1.5 c water into your Foodi. Place air fryer basket inside pot, spray inside with non stick spray, and put sausage links inside. Close pressure cooker lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release when done and remove lid. Spray links with olive oil and close air crisp lid. Set to air crisp, 400 degrees for 8 min flipping halfway through so both sides get browned.
- Remove and eat as you'd like.
Monday 6th of March 2023
This is my go-to recipe! Thank you!
The Typical Mom
Tuesday 7th of March 2023
Glad I could help
Thursday 23rd of February 2023
Great method, works perfectly. Thank you.
The Typical Mom
Thursday 23rd of February 2023
Wednesday 1st of February 2023
All that unnecessary shit jabbering like a bitch, isn't necessary. Get to the point, asshole. I hope a big negroid will rape your stupid ass and give you AIDS. Now fuck off!🖕
Tuesday 28th of March 2023
@Hugh Jaskok, TROLL - AND WHAT A MOUTH!!
Monday 6th of February 2023
@Hugh Jaskok, You first, D0uchebag.
Saturday 29th of January 2022
Thank you for this recipe. It worked perfectly for my Foodi pressure cooker that we have. I used frozen brats with cheese. I flipped after 4 minutes and then I removed them after 3 minutes because they were getting quite brown.
Turned out great though. Then I had to unfreeze the buns. I would say to put them in without it on and just use the residual heat.
The Typical Mom
Sunday 30th of January 2022
Sunday 23rd of January 2022
A good recipe. Also for those reading this who don't like all the ads and filler text just hit jump to recipe
Wednesday 22nd of June 2022
@Max, Thanks for info I never noticed the jump to link!! Always have hard time finding the actual recipe 🙃☺️ This one worked perfectly