Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets in your Ninja Foodi or any other brand so they’re tender inside and really crispy on the outside. This is it!
You might also wonder why you’d want to use this method versus throwing them into the oven. Let me tell you that air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are WAY better than the “old fashioned” way. This and more listed on our list of easy air fryer recipes. (originally published 5/19, affiliate links present)
Yes you can make homemade air fryer popcorn chicken but when you’re in a hurry this kitchen hack is the best.
You get really tender chicken with the perfect crispiness on the outside. It is as crunchy as frying chicken without the oil. It is a game changer for sure.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Are you obsessed with this new air fry kitchen appliance too?? I am! We’ve been making Ninja Foodi chicken nuggets for weeks now and can’t get enough.
We made homemade chicken tenders using bread crumbs the other day, then tackled our bag in the freezer!
What is the best brand of chicken nuggets?
- That depends on who you ask.
- I prefer one like this that uses no antibiotics.
More importantly I look for a brand that uses all white meat from chicken breasts. I think it is less processed tasting.
- Honestly I am a very frugal shopper HOWEVER, you can taste the difference in nuggets if you spend a bit more to get the better stuff.
- Tyson and Applegate Naturals are great choices for us.
What are the healthiest chicken nuggets?
- They are all going to have fillers but you can make them healthier by NOT frying them. That’s where this recipe comes in handy.
You’ll find this and how long to cook other foods on our air fryer cook times chart.
Why are chicken nuggets better in the air fryer versus the oven?
- First of all I don’t like turning on my oven during the summertime. Let’s save on the cooling bill shall we. 😉
- It’s a fun food for kids that cooks lot faster using this method, no need to heat up the oven.
- Nuggets get a crunchier outside this way, with the middle remaining tender.
- It’s a great method if you have older kids so they can make an after school snack quickly by themselves.
Sometimes I just want a little something too and feel guilty heating up the oven for just a handful. This way I can throw in some just for myself and be done in just 12 minutes flat!
Seriously…this and frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer are game changers. We don’t make them any other way now!
How do you cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
Step 1 – Get out your bag of frozen nuggets and put as many as you’d like into your air fryer basket (there’s no need to preheat the air fryer for this). If you want them very crispy do not overlap them.
Close your lid and set to air crisp at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Now don’t walk away because you’re going to want to flip them halfway through to get them as crispy as possible.
Then flip each one over after minute 5 and close lid again until the timer is up. If you want even crispier add an additional minutes or just leave them in for a few minutes instead of immediately removing them.
- If you spray the chicken nuggets with a bit of olive oil during the last 2 minutes it makes your chicken pieces extra crispy too
- 12 min. total has worked great for us though
Once done remove, put on a plate with some dipping sauces, and enjoy your air fryer chicken nuggets.
What do you dip chicken nuggets in?
- Ketchup is a given
- Fry sauce is the bomb!
- Barbecue sauce – this is our favorite
- I save our extra Chick Fil A sauce packets and use them at home when I make these!
- Thousand Island dressing
A light sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top of them is yummy too. I will admit that many times I will just eat them plain wrapped in a paper towel as I jet out the door to pick up kiddos.
Take your pick, any way you slice it they’re great this way.
Other air fryer recipes you’ll love after making these are many. A few of our favorites are below though:
Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets
- We have lots of air fryer dinner recipes here like air fryer fish nuggets and more.
- Make brussel sprouts to serve as a side dish
- We love air fryer pizza too
- Air fryer frozen corn dogs are so good this way
- Serve air fryer fried pickles with your nuggets for a treat
- Here’s how to make shrimp and vegetables too
- Chicken wings are fab
How long to air fry chicken nuggets?
We answer all your questions below and explain step by step how this is done. I assure you that you’ll love them more than any other method after trying this!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 10 chicken nuggets packaged, frozen
- Arrange your frozen chicken nuggets in your air fryer basket so they are not overlapping. This will make them the crispiest.
- Close air fryer lid and turn machine on. Press air crisp at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- At minute 5 lift lid and flip nuggets over.
- After time is up enjoy immediately for best results.