Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets in your Ninja Foodi or any other brand so they’re tender inside and really crispy on the outside. This is it!
You might also wonder why you’d want to use this method versus throwing them into the oven. Let me tell you that air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are WAY better than the “old fashioned” way. You get really tender chicken with the perfect crispiness on the outside. It is as crunchy as frying chicken without the oil. This and more listed on our list of easy air fryer recipes.
Are you obsessed with this new air fry kitchen appliance too?? I am! I got my Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer a few weeks ago and it’s all I use.
Here’s a bit of info on what I have:
- You can buy a Foodi here.
- Join my Ninja Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
- This free air fryer cookbook will come in handy, as well as our cooking times printable.
We made homemade chicken tenders using bread crumbs the other day, then tackled our bag in the freezer!
What is the best brand of chicken nuggets?
- That depends on who you ask.
- I prefer one like this that uses no antibiotics.
- More importantly I look for a brand that uses all white meat from chicken breasts. I think it is less processed tasting.
- Honestly I am a very frugal shopper HOWEVER, you can taste the difference in nuggets if you spend a bit more to get the better stuff.
- Tyson and Applegate Naturals are great choices for us.
What are the healthiest chicken nuggets?
- They are all going to have fillers but you can make them healthier by NOT frying them. That’s where this recipe comes in handy.
You’ll find this and how long to cook other foods on our air fryer cook times chart.
Why are chicken nuggets better in the air fryer versus the oven?
- First of all I don’t like turning on my oven during the summertime. Let’s save on the cooling bill shall we. 😉
- It’s a fun food for kids that cooks lot faster using this method, no need to heat up the oven.
- Nuggets get a crunchier outside this way, with the middle remaining tender.
- It’s a great method if you have older kids so they can make an after school snack quickly by themselves.
Sometimes I just want a little something too and feel guilty heating up the oven for just a handful. This way I can throw in some just for myself and be done in just 12 minutes flat!
Seriously…this is a game changer. We don’t make them any other way now!
How do you cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer you might ask.
Step 1 – Get out your bag of frozen nuggets and put as many as you’d like into your air fryer basket (there’s no need to preheat the air fryer for this). If you want them very crispy do not overlap them.
Step 2 – Close your lid and set to air crisp at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Now don’t walk away because you’re going to want to flip them halfway through to get them as crispy as possible.
Step 3 – Flip each one over after minute 5 and close lid again until the timer is up. If you want even crispier add an additional minutes or just leave them in for a few minutes instead of immediately removing them.
- If you spray the chicken nuggets with a bit of olive oil during the last 2 minutes it makes your chicken pieces extra crispy too
- 12 min. total has worked great for us though
Step 4 – Once done remove, put on a plate with some dipping sauces, and enjoy your air fryer chicken nuggets.
What do you dip chicken nuggets in?
- Ketchup is a given
- Fry sauce is the bomb!
- Barbecue sauce – this is our favorite
- I save our extra Chick Fil A sauce packets and use them at home when I make these!
- Thousand Island dressing
- A light sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top of them is yummy too
Other air fryer recipes you’ll love after making our air fryer frozen chicken nuggets:
- We have lots of air fryer dinner recipes here
- Make brussel sprouts to serve as a side dish
- We love air fryer pizza too
- Serve air fryer fried pickles with your nuggets for a treat
- Here’s how to make shrimp and vegetables too
- Chicken wings are fab
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 10 chicken nuggets packaged, frozen
- Arrange your frozen chicken nuggets in your air fryer basket so they are not overlapping. This will make them the crispiest.
- Close air fryer lid and turn machine on. Press air crisp at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- At minute 5 lift lid and flip nuggets over.
- After time is up enjoy immediately for best results.