Air fryer corn dogs are the bomb! They cook way faster this way to get that nice crunchy texture on the outside with a tender hot dog in the center.
With 3 girls we aren’t strangers to frozen foods. Now that we have this nifty kitchen appliance, we’ve been making everything in it including air fryer corn dogs! They are SO much better than making them in the microwave like we used to. If you’re looking for easy air fryer recipes such as this one, we have tons on The Typical Mom blog! (participant in the Amazon program, affiliate links present)
- We have both a Ninja Foodi and this electric air fryer, they’re both great.
- You’ll find more Ninja air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Foodi Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
How do you know how long to cook each item?
We created this air fryer cook times chart to help you out! There isn’t a time for corn dogs exactly but many frozen foods are on it. For these I estimated the time and temp. from the oven directions on the back.
- 360 degrees for about 8 minutes worked pretty awesome. The trick to getting them perfect was the flip halfway through, stop once they were as crispy on the outside as we wanted, and leaving them in for 3 minutes after that.
- This added time at the end allowed the middle of the hot dog to get warm too. If you skip this step it is a bit lukewarm in the very center.
This is now my girls’ favorite crunchy crispy snacks.
We have made air fryer hot dogs and chili dogs too and those were pretty amazing! BUT when you just want a quick snack right out of the box, this is a great one.
- What do you need to make frozen corn dogs in an air fryer?
- Well, a box of them! That’s it!
- If you want to get the outside super crispy you can use a bit of olive oil cooking spray. I didn’t think that was necessary but to each their own.
Air frying gives just about anything that deep fried crunch that everyone just loves. BUT you don’t soak up all that cooking oil so it’s way lower in fat and calories. It’s a win win big time.
Could you make these homemade with cornbread or tempura batter? NO. Unfortunately wet batters do not work when you’re air frying foods. You must use a dry breadcrumb, crushed cornflakes or Panko style crumbs to coat the outside.
Normally the best way to do this is to dredge the item in whisked egg, then dry crumbs, and then put it into your air fryer basket. This is how we made our popular air fryer zucchini chips!
- If you’d like to make a fun version of corn dog bites, I suggest following this recipe in your Instant Pot instead. You can use traditional cornbread mix with this. All you need is an egg mold and a trivet.
- They won’t get crispy like these air fryer corndogs but they’re fun and yummy nonetheless.
Best frozen foods for an air fryer:
Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- 4 frozen corn dogs
- Put frozen corn dogs in air fryer basket, without overlapping, and close drawer.
- Set to 360 degrees for 6-8 minutes flipping halfway through, or until they're as browned as you like on the outside.
- Once browned as desired and timing stops turn off machine. Allow corn dogs to sit in the basket, closed, for 3 minutes to continue heating the middle.
- Open basket and enjoy with favorite dipping sauces.