Homemade corn dogs in air fryer are possible! Use our Jiffy corndogs dough or keto dough to wrap hot dogs and get them crispy in Ninja Foodi or Cosori. If you love frozen corndogs in air fryer you’ll really go crazy over these.
Ever wonder if you could make homemade corn dogs in air fryer? You can! Not the same way as deep fried because the batter would be too wet, you’ll need to use one of 3 doughs we share here. You can make Bisquick corndogs, Jiffy or keto corndogs are easy air fryer recipes we love. (affiliate links present)
Homemade Mini Corn Dogs in Air Fryer
Want to make them smaller for little hands? NO problem. You really don’t need sticks at all except that they will be hot when they are done. Just keep that in mind to allow them to cool a while so nobody’s fingers get too warm. You’ll want to dig in right away but just be patient.
We thought about these after making air fryer pigs in a blanket. Kinda’ similar but for those we used refrigerated biscuits to make things easier. You really want more of a cornbread coating to make these in their classic form.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Even if you do use popsicle sticks or skewers they will get a bit warm. Use a paper towel to grab them up and enjoy. You don’t need to use hot dogs for these either. Sausage links are a yummy alternative to use as well. Timing is for “regular” sized weiners though so keep that in mind, you may need to adjust.
Homemade Corn Dogs with Bisquick
If you want the easiest method, and not low carb I would suggest trying the baking mix in the yellow box you likely have in your pantry. No there isn’t cornmeal in this so it will taste a bit different but still quite yummy. Jiffy corn muffin mix is the closest to the frozen version, and simple as well. This is what you need to make either one;
No need for boiling hot dogs for these you just wrap and cook them as is to perfection. Remember they are precooked. These are two versions, both obviously use air fryer hot dogs. One is the keto corndog type that is below and in the printable recipe card.
Corn dogs with Jiffy mix
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- Melt 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 tsp cumin, optional
- One tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Bisquick mix
- Jiffy baking mix is pretty similar
- 1/3 cup milk
Choose which one you want, or use keto version in recipe card below. Mix ingredients until you get a thick dough. Then warp this around the hot dogs or sausages like you see here.
Can I make homemade corn dogs in the air fryer?
Air fryer corn dogs from scratch totally work, if you follow our suggestions. You cannot use wet tempera batter or otherwise in a Ninja Foodi or Cosori. It will be a sticky mess and won’t cook fast enough as it would if you submerged it in really hot oil.
How do you make batter for air fry?
In order for this to work well you will need a dough that is much thicker than if you followed the directions on the back to make corn muffins or pancakes. You can use these same mixes to get it to the right consistency, you just need to use less moisture. The amounts are listed below in our recipe.
Homemade Corn Dogs
You’re going to start by pushing a stick 1/2-3/4 of the way inside each hot dog. Preheat air fryer to 350 F. for 5 minutes
Keto Corn Dogs
Done correctly as directed these will be super crunchy air fried corn dogs, like deep fried but way healthier and keto friendly if desired.
- Keto corn dog dough – In a saucepan on low heat add mozzarella cheese and almond flour until you stir and a dough forms.
- Remove from heat and dump on to cutting board to allow to cool and be able to be formed with hands.
- For Bisquick corndog dough – Add 1 cup + 2 tbsp baking mix + 1/3 c. milk in a bowl until a thick dough forms.
- Use this to wrap around each hot dog so entire thing is coated all the way around.
- Using Jiffy corndog dough – mix together –
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix + 1/2 cup all purpose flour + 1 egg + 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp milk + 1/4 melted stick of butter + 1 tsp cumin, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 heaping Tbsp of your thick dough to wrap each hot dog all the way around.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper into your air fryer basket with 1 single layer of homemade corndogs on top.
- Spray tops lightly with olive oil spray and cook for total of 5-8 minutes. Flip the corn dogs over after 3 minutes and spray tops again.
Once the outsides are a nice golden brown like you see here you’re ready to let them cool a bit and enjoy together.
Homemade Corn Dogs without Cornmeal
You will need to refer to the package of your dogs as far as nutritional info. goes since they are all different. Net carbs for the batter per serving is about 4 as listed below. I haven’t tried this with coconut flour instead of almond but you could use this flour substitution chart to sub out different ones.
Any of the three are quick and easy and a dog recipe favorite next to the Instant Pot hot dogs my girls love. If you do have a few left over you can warm them up again in your machine at 400 F for about 2-3 minutes until crispy again.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Homemade Corn Dogs in Air Fryer
- 6 hot dogs
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- olive oil spray
- Push a stick 1/2-3/4 of the way inside each hot dog. Preheat air fryer to 350 F. for 5 minutes.
- Keto version – In a saucepan on low heat add low skin mozzarella cheese and almond flour until you stir and a dough forms. Remove from heat and dump on to cutting board to allow to cool and be able to be formed with hands.
- For Bisquick – Add 1 cup + 2 tbsp baking mix + 1/3 c. milk in a bowl until a thick dough forms. Use this to wrap around each hot dog so entire thing is coated all the way around.
- Using Jiffy corn mix – mix together; 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix + 1/2 cup all purpose flour + 1 egg + 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp milk + 1/4 melted stick of butter + 1 tsp cumin, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 heaping Tbsp of your thick dough to wrap each hot dog all the way around. Lay a piece of parchment paper into your air fryer basket with 1 single layer of homemade corndogs on top.
- Spray tops lightly with olive oil spray and cook for total of 5-8 minutes. Flip each one over after 3 minutes and spray tops again. Remove when outside is golden brown.