If you love fried cabbage with bacon you can now make it in just 3 minutes using this easy pressure cooker fried cabbage recipe! Love my Instant Pot!
I know…I wasn’t a cabbage fan when I was younger either but when I became an adult I just love it!! My grandma used to put it in everything but I never thought of it until this year and recently I’ve made several easy Instant Pot recipes with it! This pressure cooker fried cabbage was next!
Have you tried fried cabbage??
Well, it’s not really fried in this case but amazing is how to describe it…….
I will start by saying if you have a family recipe for fried cabbage then by all means use those measurements and seasonings and just follow my instructions as far as how much liquid to add and how long to cook it.
If you don’t then this is the way I have made it several times and we all love it……
It’s a version of my grandmother’s recipe with a few additions and she of course made it on the stovetop where I am using my 6 qt. Instant Pot to make it cook quick!
AND we think bacon is a must…….
This is what you’ll need to make our 3 minute pressure cooker fried cabbage recipe:
- Head of cabbage
- Vegetable broth
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
If you want to make vegetarian fried cabbage just leave out the bacon of course. 😉
Here’s a video showing you how to make this easy fried cabbage recipe
If you’re looking for more simple cabbage recipes we have a few!
- Pressure cooker cabbage soup is wonderful
- Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage should be cooked more often than just for St. Patricks Day
- You’ve got to also try this pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
Pressure Cooker Fried Cabbage
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 slices bacon optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce we used low sodium
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Add your olive oil and diced bacon to your pressure cooker and set to saute. (can add your fresh onions now if you wish to soften)
- Cook until bacon is done, not crispy done but meat is cooked. Turn Instant Pot off/cancel! Scrape bottom of pot, add 1/4 c of your vegetable broth to deglaze bottom so burn notification doesn't come on.
- Cut your head of cabbage into chunks, separate leaves and add into your pressure cooker.
- Pour your remaining vegetable broth over your cabbage leaves.
- Sprinkle all spices and soy sauce on top as well as any type of onions you may want to add if they aren't in already.
- Stir gently to coat all leaves with spices.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 3 minutes (2 minutes if you want cabbage to be firmer).
- Do a quick release and enjoy!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉