This Instant Pot stuffed cabbage is a great dinner filled with ground beef, rice, cheese and tons of flavor. Just a few minutes in your pressure cooker!
Yep we are at it again with another dinner to add to our 101+ easy Instant Pot recipes and this one has cabbage! I wasn’t a fan when I was younger but after making this for my husband when we first got married in my slow cooker I started to really enjoy cabbage and have made many other recipes using it which I will share below, this Instant Pot stuffed cabbage is now one of my favorites because I can make it so easily and quickly.
I made a version of this a while back called Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole that came out well but there is something about the traditional style that we love too.
So here is Instant Pot stuffed cabbage, you’ve gotta’ try them!
So good right???
I have a 6 qt Instant Pot and have a few accessories I use, this bowl is one that works well for this easy cabbage recipe.
Start by making Instant Pot white rice which only takes a few minutes, then proceed to the next steps.
This is what you will need to make Instant Pot stuffed cabbage
- 7″ bowl
- Diced tomatoes
- Rice – precooked
- Ground beef – this is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to thaw it out the night before. 😉
- Italian sausage – spicy is good
This is what it will look like when it is put on the trivet inside your pot.
You can add spices of your choice but if you use spicy Italian sausage you really don’t need a lot. For a really flavorful and spicy stuffed cabbage dish just use the sausage and omit the ground beef.
I have added some diced onion as well too at times if I have it.
Here is the printable recipe.
Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage
- 1 head cabbage
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage spicy is best
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 c rice pre-cooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes petite, 14 oz., with chiles is good
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp seasoning salt optional, I use Lawry's if I add it.
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil, and make rice so it is precooked or use your Instant Pot to make it (2 cups). Remove core from cabbage and put head of cabbage in the boiling water for five minutes.
- Peel the outer leaves from the cabbage and set aside (about 8). Leave the cabbage to boil for a few more minutes and remove more cabbage leaves.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the saute mode and add sausage and ground beef. Add diced onion and seasoning salt if you want to add that.
- Chop up any remaining cabbage and add it to the meat in the pot. Mix in cooked rice.
- Lay cabbage leaves out on a large surface and stuff with meat and rice mixture.
- Fold the ends of the cabbage leaves over and roll up. Place in a oven-safe dish that will fit in the Instant Pot (6" dishes fit in my 6 qt.), with the folded side of the rolls down.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Pour diced tomatoes over the cabbage rolls and place the dish on trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position. Set for a manual high-pressure time of 25 minutes.
- When the time has finished, allow for a natural release. Serve with additional rice if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉