You have got to try our pressure cooker Dorito casserole in your Instant Pot! Creamy chicken and noodles filled with cheese and topped with your favorite chips. YUM!
OH MY this pressure cooker Dorito casserole recipe came out so tasty! It was something I just came up with because I had chicken thighs I needed to use, and was trying to think outside of the box to make dinnertime fun for my kids. Crushed nacho cheese chips on top would do the trick! Definitely on top of our list of kid friendly Instant Pot recipes.
I am sure I’m not the only one who throws together what they have at home to create a sort of casserole everyone will love.
This was my newest creation…….
This is what I used to make our pressure cooker Dorito casserole this time – though I think ground beef instead of chicken would be a great combination too:
- Chicken thighs – ground beef would be good too
- Chicken broth – if you opted to use ground beef instead of chicken I’d use beef broth
- Diced chiles – I used canned
- Can of cream of chicken soup – if using ground beef I’d use cream of mushroom instead
- Half and half
- Egg noodles
- Bag of Doritos
You can really call this whatever you’d like but we thought Dorito casserole was appropriate.
Like I said you could easily swap ground beef for the chicken and if you did I might add a taco seasoning packet when you’re cooking it to add even more flavor.
When you’re done making this you should try our Instant Pot Frito Chili Pie Recipe too!
If you need stovetop / oven directions here they are as well:
- On the stovetop cook the diced chicken and onions with your olive oil in a large pot until onions are softened and chicken is no longer pink
- In a separate pot boil your egg noodles just until they are al dente
- Add in all other ingredients other than your shredded cheese into your pot with chicken and mix until chicken is coated well
- Drain your egg noodles and gently stir those in as well
- Empty contents into a 13×9 pan, put foil on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, then remove foil and sprinkle cheese on top
- Put it back into the oven for about 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and Dorito casserole contents have thickened to your liking
- Allowing it to sit on the counter to cool will allow it to thicken even more, recommended
- Serve sprinkled with crushed Dorito chips on top
Here’s a video showing how we made this pressure cooker Dorito casserole
And the printable recipe for chicken Dorito casserole as well:
Pressure Cooker Dorito Casserole
- 1 bag Doritos cheese style or spicy nacho
- 1 lb chicken I used thighs, you could use breasts, cubed - could use ground beef instead
- 1 c onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 c chicken broth could use beef broth if using ground beef
- 1 c half and half
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 1 c cheese mix of cheddar and jack or mozzarella is good
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chiles 4 oz., drained and diced, we used mild
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Set pressure cooker to saute and add olive oil, diced chicken (or ground beef) and onions. Cook until outside of chicken pieces are no longer pink. Turn pot to OFF.
- Whisk together 1 c. of your chicken broth (or beef broth if using ground beef) with your can of cream of chicken soup (could use cream of mushroom if using ground beef) and then pour this mixture into your Instant pot. Close lid and steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Add the rest of your chicken broth, minced garlic, diced chiles and a pinch of salt if you want, stir. Pour egg noodles on top of this mixture and gently push noodles down into the liquid (some will not be covered by liquid but that is okay).
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 2-3 minutes. (2 for a bit more al dente). Then do a quick release.
- Turn pot off, then press saute again. Add half and half and stir occasionally allowing it to bubble and thicken a bit.
- Turn pot OFF. Stir in cheese allowing it to melt. For best results unplug your Instant Pot and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to really thicken up. Serve topped with crushed Doritos on top, or some on the bottom of the bowl and some on the top too.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉