This Instant Pot crack chicken casserole is one of the most amazing pressure cooker dinner recipes I have made thus far! Get ready for creamy goodness.
Ok so I am sure you’ve made crack chicken before, and if you haven’t it is pretty amazing! With that said I thought outside of the box to give this, one of our favorite meals, a notch up by making it into a creamy casserole!! OH yes you heard me right, I made an easy Instant Pot crack chicken casserole that took a total of 20 minutes from start to finish!! On top of the list of favorite Instant Pot recipes amongst the 5 of us.
Are you new to Instant Pot casseroles??
It is the only way to do it during the summertime so you don’t have to turn the oven on. We make this one year round because it’s a creamy hearty casserole with tender pieces of chicken and diced vegetables made in less than 20 minutes!
Our Instant Pot crack chicken casserole looks amazing right??!!
So the basic ingredient to making this chicken so creamy is cream cheese, makes everything amazing right??
- Noodles are a given when it comes to making a casserole, and I feel like you have to throw some type of vegetable in so we used petite peas this time.
You could really use any type of small diced frozen veggie inside this and I think it would be great.
Gives it a little bit more texture, flavor, and incorporating veggies in every dish when you have kids gets them to appreciate the taste overall….that’s the way it worked in my house anyway.
Typically crack chicken recipes call for chicken breasts, but honestly I am a huge fan of chicken thighs!!
- For one thing they have SO much more flavor, are more tender, and are dirt cheap at the store…yes I am frugal, let’s be honest here.
So….I used thighs and I think it made for a tastier meal but that is totally up to you as well.
Here’s what you need to make our easy Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
- Chicken thighs
- Cream cheese
- Egg noodles
- Chicken broth – can use water but it’s so much more flavorful with broth
- Bacon – optional but we’re not counting calories on this dish, we’re going for uber flavor y’all
- Ranch seasoning packet
- If you don’t have the packets above available you can make your own ranch seasoning
- Frozen peas – optional
- Diced onion – optional
As noted in step 3 make sure you get all the small pcs. of cooked chicken off the bottom of your pot or it may trigger the burn message (has never happened to me but some pots are more sensitive than others and you need to deglaze your Instant Pot after sauteing any meat).
Here’s a video showing you how easy it is to make!
Try this Instant Pot crack chicken casserole tonight and let us know what you think!
Then after you do try our other favorite Instant Pot chicken recipes
Here is the printable recipe with all of the instructions you will need:
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless skinless, cubed - can use chicken breasts if preferred
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, room temp.
- 3 strips bacon diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet ranch seasoning dry mix in packet
- 2 c chicken broth
- 5 c egg noodles use measuring cup to measure 5 cups uncooked into pot
- 1/2 c peas frozen, optional
- 1/2 onion diced, optional
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil and bacon.
- Cook for a few minutes until bacon is consistently sizzling and almost done. (add onion now if you want to add it)
- Add cubed chicken thigh pieces and cook until outsides of chicken are no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool a bit before turning it to high pressure. Scrape remaining bits of meat off bottom of pot.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning packet on top of bacon and chicken and mix gently.
- Cut softened cream cheese into clumps and put on top of chicken mixture, followed by 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release, stir contents gently allowing cream cheese bits to become creamy and no longer clumped up.
- Add your frozen peas, then 5 measuring cups full of uncooked small egg noodles, and then your remaining 1.5 c. of chicken broth on top of your noodles.
- Gently stir just a bit.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release, stir and serve!!
- If you want sauce a bit thicker turn IP to saute again to have liquid bubble for 1-2 minutes and stir gently while bubbling. Allow to sit and the longer it sits the thicker it will get.
Tell us what you think!!